PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Ingleside Mustangs

99IHSMustang
08-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Anyone have the scoop on what they are going to look like this season? I been hearing tings......

Is Josh Coffied still at starting QB. Fish's Mom where are ya?

Phil C
08-02-2007, 08:38 AM
They are going to be outstanding again. Cuero is hoping Gonzales makes the playoffs so they won't have to meet them in the playoffs.

Johnny Utah
08-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Cuero Gobblers are saying that? WOW!!! Did not think Cuero ran from anyone!!! I think Cuero would do well against Ingleside, just my opinion.

pirate4state
08-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
They are going to be outstanding again. Cuero is hoping Gonzales makes the playoffs so they won't have to meet them in the playoffs.

LMAO! That is the best laugh I've had this morning and let me tell ya - I've been laughing ALOT! :clap: :D

Doon
08-02-2007, 10:52 AM

That's just funny right there.

99IHSMustang
08-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Doon
That's just funny right there.

Which part is funny? The first or second?

pirate4state
08-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang

The part where anyone thinks Cuero could be afraid of Ingleside.

Cameron Crazy
08-02-2007, 11:28 AM
How is that stadium looking down there. my dads company helped build it. I myself helped build the pressbox!:D

Doon
08-02-2007, 12:47 PM

I got two words: Go Apaches.

Old Green
08-02-2007, 02:11 PM
They are going to be outstanding again. Cuero is hoping Gonzales makes the playoffs so they won't have to meet them in the playoffs. :evillol: They'll be ready regardless of which division they will be in.:thumbsup:

IHStangFan
08-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
The part where anyone thinks Cuero could be afraid of Ingleside. I dont know about Cuero, but Sinton should be :D

Phil C
08-02-2007, 02:14 PM
The part where anyone thinks Cuero could be afraid of Ingleside.

Probably not afraid but more like nervous. :)

IHStangFan
08-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Now to seriously address your question Izzy....I haven't heard a whole lot as of yet. The only info I have is from Dave Campbell's. They have Ingleside #9 on the top 25 3A list. Cuero is 22 by the way....and what???!!! No Sinton??? You deserved that Rita!! LOL. They have the district layed out as such from top to bottom:

Ingleside
Orange Grove
Sinton
Mathis
West Oso
Aransas Pass

Orange Grove worries me a little, but they did have some major key losses as well including the Ochoa kid.

As for the Mustangs, Key losses include Zach Adams, Joel Johnson & Justin Chambers....which all of us Mustang fans KNOW are HUUUUGE losses. Kinda has me worried. On the up side thats all we lost pretty much. Kinda depends on how you look at it. They still have Coffield listed at QB, but I have my fingers crossed we have a real QB for this season. Nothing against the Coffield kid, but I think he'd be a better option at RB IF we had a ligit QB. On a side note, did you see where the Chrisman kid was a WR last year because Comfort had a good QB? Well that QB is gone, and Chrisman will be at the helm this year for them...I'll be keeping an eye on that.

Other than that man, I don't know much. I'll be depending on your once the season starts to keep me up to date. I've got a new hometown team to follow as well, so I'll be splitting time.

Ingleside Fan
08-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Anyone have the scoop on what they are going to look like this season? I been hearing tings......

Is Josh Coffied still at starting QB. Fish's Mom where are ya?

Josh is still slotted for QB. Seen Fish's Mom at the Athletic Booster's meeting the other night. She be back soon.

Johnny 5
08-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Ingleside . . . the team that barely beat the 3rd place team from the RGV.

Cuero afraid (or nervous) of Ingleside . . . lol

AP Panther Fan
08-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Probably not afraid but more like nervous. :)

lol....I am glad I visited the downlow today...funny stuff. :D

Back to the subject at hand, I have heard rumors about a couple of new players in Ingleside (one being an AP transplant... again) and I believe another kid from a larger school that might be somewhat impressive. But it is only a rumor....can't substantiate any of it (except the AP transplant part).

Blastoderm55
08-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Green Hill from AP transferred to Ingleside, along with Colby Witt, a Rockport transfer who was the district Co-Defensive MVP last season. He's a beast on film and could line up at either DE, LB, or even FB. Early word was the Austin Smithey, also of Rockport, had landed at Ingleside but he's actually in Mesquite.

Old Green
08-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5

Cuero afraid (or nervous) of Ingleside . . . lol Tell it like it is Johnny5:D :thumbsup:

Johnny 5
08-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Tell it like it is Johnny5:D :thumbsup: ;)

KingRob
08-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Probably not afraid but more like nervous. :) :dispntd: :crazy: :rolleyes:

99IHSMustang
08-02-2007, 06:00 PM

Cuero afraid (or nervous) of Ingleside . . . lol

A win is a win. Didn't the second team in our district (OG) beat PI last year?... I think they did and didn't Rio Hondo lose to PI?.... I think that is also true.

Ingleside thrashed Rio Hondo in 2005. I am sure that if we played Rio Hondo last year they would have suffered the same fate... (sorry I had to go there)

Johnny 5
08-02-2007, 06:25 PM
A win is a win. Didn't the second team in our district (OG) beat PI last year?... I think they did and didn't Rio Hondo lose to PI?.... I think that is also true.

Ingleside thrashed Rio Hondo in 2005. I am sure that if we played Rio Hondo last year they would have suffered the same fate... (sorry I had to go there)

Yes, OG beat PI. That had to do with questionable refs (not placing the ball down for 10 seconds while both teams were lined up and the clock was running with PI on the verge of scoring.

As for PI vs RH . . . you do not understand the PI/RH dynamic. Also the fact of losing the star RB within minutes of the first quarter pretty much demoralized th offense, as at the time the offense revolved around the RB.

As far as suffering the same fate . . . I highly doubt it. The 2005 team that you all beat wasn't half the team last years was. Nevermind the fact the RH ran over La Feria like they did not exist . . . just one week after the loss to PI. Rio Hondo beat La Feria by 30 points. Ingleside beat the same team by only 3. That should be proof right there that Ingleside would not have come close to RH last year.

Ingleside barely beat La Feria. A win is a win, but to say that CUero is afraid (or nervous) of Ingleside is ridiculous. Just as saying that Ingleside would've beat RH last year is Ludicrous.

I laugh at your homerness :doh:

99IHSMustang
08-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Yes, OG beat PI. That had to do with questionable refs (not placing the ball down for 10 seconds while both teams were lined up and the clock was running with PI on the verge of scoring.

Excuses

As for PI vs RH . . . you do not understand the PI/RH dynamic. Also the fact of losing the star RB within minutes of the first quarter pretty much demoralized th offense, as at the time the offense revolved around the RB.
[/B]

Look at that!!! more excuses

As far as suffering the same fate . . . I highly doubt it. The 2005 team that you all beat wasn't half the team last years was. Nevermind the fact the RH ran over La Feria like they did not exist . . . just one week after the loss to PI. Rio Hondo beat La Feria by 30 points. Ingleside beat the same team by only 3. That should be proof right there that Ingleside would not have come close to RH last year.
[/B]

If you say so.

Ingleside barely beat La Feria. A win is a win, but to say that CUero is afraid (or nervous) of Ingleside is ridiculous. Just as saying that Ingleside would've beat RH last year is Ludicrous.
[/B]

I didn't say that Phil did...

I laugh at your homerness :doh: [/B]

That's a pretty ironic statement.

Johnny 5
08-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Excuses

Look at that!!! more excuses

If you say so.

I didn't say that Phil did...

That's a pretty ironic statement.

1.) I am sure that you are full of excuses as well.

2.) You are in here defending your team, are you not?

3.) I do say so, and I would think most people on here would say so as well.

RH 47
LF 14

Ingleside 31
LF 28

RH would have won, or at least been the favorite to win. Everyone was expecting Ingleside to roll over LF. It is not rocket science

4.) Ironic how? I am defending Cuero here. That is not a homer. I became a homer when you said that Ingleside would have beat RH in 2006.

Edit:

at Ingleside (TX)
[2006] Rio Hondo (TX) 28, [2006] Ingleside (TX) 24

at Rio Hondo (TX)
[2006] Rio Hondo (TX) 28, [2006] Ingleside (TX) 22

at neutral site
[2006] Rio Hondo (TX) 28, [2006] Ingleside (TX) 24

99IHSMustang
08-02-2007, 07:25 PM
1.) I am sure that you are full of excuses as well.

I could have tried, but I don't like to use junk like that for reasoning behind a loss or a win. Sounds pathetic

2.) You are in here defending your team, are you not?
[/B]

I sure am

3.) I do say so, and I would think most people on here would say so as well.

RH 47
LF 14

Ingleside 31
LF 28

RH would have won, or at least been the favorite to win. Everyone was expecting Ingleside to roll over LF. It is not rocket science
[/B]

I am suprised myself that I even used "because A beat B and B beat C therefore A would have definitely beat C". Sounds like a probability problem and not fact.

4.) Ironic how? I am defending Cuero here. That is not a homer. I became a homer when you said that Ingleside would have beat RH in 2006.
[/B]

Maybe I should have said you started posting as if you were sore that we beat an RGV team. So that was my bad.

Your first post:
QUOTE]Originally posted by Johnny 5
[/QUOTE]

I started the thread to get some useful information about this year not about what happened last year. Geez.

Johnny 5
08-02-2007, 07:41 PM
From what I read, I think Ingleside will be the same as last year.

I just do not think that Cuero will be afraid, although, I gather that Cuero will not be all that either.

It might actually be a good match up

JT44
08-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Cuero's just ready to play, had their last pre-two a day workout today, all the coaches were there, they are all pretty excited......

Everyone in Region 4 should just keep telling themself that Cuero is on a down year, but they won't be saying that after they meet in the playoffs...If you are a Cuero hater, you will still hate us after this year and all of the friendlies will be surprised at how this team has re-loaded.

Johnny 5
08-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by JT44
Cuero's just ready to play, had their last pre-two a day workout today, all the coaches were there, they are all pretty excited......

Everyone in Region 4 should just keep telling themself that Cuero is on a down year, but they won't be saying that after they meet in the playoffs...If you are a Cuero hater, you will still hate us after this year and all of the friendlies will be surprised at how this team has re-loaded.

On one hand, I want Cuero and RH to meet. On the other hand, I like the prediction that gives RH the easy way :D

lol

IHStangFan
09-10-2007, 11:50 AM
From what I read, I think Ingleside will be the same as last year.

I just do not think that Cuero will be afraid, although, I gather that Cuero will not be all that either.

It might actually be a good match up to say that Ingleside and/or Cuero "aren't all that" when compared to Rio Hondo is silly.

big daddy russ
09-10-2007, 12:21 PM
A couple things I want to point out...

1.) No Ingleside poster has said (or even come close to saying) that Cuero should be scared of Ingleside. Why? 'Cause we know that if we wind up playing them, we're in for a battle.

Phil is from Sinton. And he drinks in the morning.

2.)
RH actually gave us a decent game in '05, so I won't say much there. But Johnny, you do realize that we returned our ENTIRE team (well, minus four starters), including all of our studs from '05, right? That's right, we returned more of our team than RH did. I can appreciate it if you would've said that RH would've given us a good game either way, but saying that we wouldn't have come close to RH? We already beat you once with the same team. Why not again?

It's a moot point now, but the "team A beat team B by X number of points while team C beat team B by Y number of points, so team A would beat team C by Z number of points" argument never works out. If that was the case, then Auburn would've beat Ohio State by 37 points in the National Championship.

Sorry, but teams play differently on different nights and matchup problems come into play. That argument has never and will never hold water.

big daddy russ
09-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Now that all that mess is behind us, let's get back on topic.

Ingleside has a very different team than last year. Sure, we returned a lot of starters and a lot of good players, but we lost three of our five best players (including our best- and second-best) and a lot of quality depth at WR. This year may not be a rebuilding year, but it will be a learning year. There's a lot of talent in the stables, but we'll have to wait until the playoffs roll around before we know exactly how much.

pirate4state
09-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
A couple things I want to point out...

Phil is from Sinton. And he drinks in the morning.

:D :clap: :D :clap: :D

IHStangFan
09-10-2007, 01:39 PM
:D :clap: :D :clap: :D LMAO!! thats funny.

CHSfan
09-10-2007, 04:29 PM

ummm....question??.....y r u saying that cuero is hoping that gonzales makes the playoffs!! because NOBODY from cuero that i kno of wants them to be in the playoffs!!! cuz i am from cuero and i dont think u would have a say in what cuero is hoping!! our boys will pull through!! we beat them once and we can sure as heck beat them again!! so quit tellin everybody that cuero is running away from them and talk about ur own team because they are the ones who should be running!!

CHSfan
09-10-2007, 04:32 PM

CUERO DOES NOT RUNN FROM ANYTHING CUERO MAKES PEOPLE DO THE RUNNING!! AND I WOULD KNO SINCE I AM AN ATHLETE AT CUEROHS AND PHIL IS FROM SINTON!! HE SHOULD KNO WHO DOES THE RUNNING LOOKING AT THE SCORE......HMMM..... THINK BOUT THAT PHIL NEXT TIME!!

Ranger Mom
09-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by CHSfan
CUERO DOES NOT RUNN FROM ANYTHING CUERO MAKES PEOPLE DO THE RUNNING!! AND I WOULD KNO SINCE I AM AN ATHLETE AT CUEROHS AND PHIL IS FROM SINTON!! HE SHOULD KNO WHO DOES THE RUNNING LOOKING AT THE SCORE......HMMM..... THINK BOUT THAT PHIL NEXT TIME!!

You are new here...aren't ya??:eek: :p ;)

Phil C
09-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Does anyone know how the Ingleside Volleyball Team is doing?

pirate4state
09-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You are new here...aren't ya??:eek: :p ;)

what gave it away? for me it was the 3 posts ;)

AP Panther Fan
09-10-2007, 05:23 PM

WHAT????? I CAN'T HEAR YOU. ;) :)

piratebg
09-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Maybe someone should tell him that our two cities have a very good on and off the field relationship here. That and they should show him where the "Caps Lock" is on his keyboard. :p

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
That and they should show him where the "Caps Lock" is on his keyboard. :p
He's obviously already found it. :p

CHSfan
09-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Maybe someone should tell him that our two cities have a very good on and off the field relationship here. That and they should show him where the "Caps Lock" is on his keyboard. :p

im a a she!! i am not trying to make me sound lk a jerk or anything lk that i am just tryin to make a point that you shouldnt say something about a town if ur not from there or kno anything about it because cuero deff.. does NOT run from anything! and we dont want gonzales to be in the playoffs because they are our worst rivaly!!! everybody thinks that yoakum and cuero are the worst rivalies but we arent we actually lk ppl from there!!

piratebg
09-10-2007, 06:09 PM
im a a she!! i am not trying to make me sound lk a jerk or anything lk that i am just tryin to make a point that you shouldnt say something about a town if ur not from there or kno anything about it because cuero deff.. does NOT run from anything! and we dont want gonzales to be in the playoffs because they are our worst rivaly!!! everybody thinks that yoakum and cuero are the worst rivalies but we arent we actually lk ppl from there!!

We all know, both Sinton and Cuero posters alike, that Phil was joking. That's all. Stick around long enough and you will learn he has an unusual sense of humor and some wierd fascinations. :) :thumbsup: ;)

Oh and welcome the Dlow.

99IHSMustang
09-10-2007, 06:16 PM
I think it is hilarious when new people come to the board and get all upset and defensive about something someone said that was just a joke. :clap:

CHSfan
09-15-2007, 12:54 AM
We all know, both Sinton and Cuero posters alike, that Phil was joking. That's all. Stick around long enough and you will learn he has an unusual sense of humor and some wierd fascinations. :) :thumbsup: ;)

Oh and welcome the Dlow.

well it didnt seem lk he was kidding because he said it thinkin that nobody would read it and stand up for cuero!!1 thats where ur wrong!!

piratebg
09-15-2007, 07:37 AM
well it didnt seem lk he was kidding because he said it thinkin that nobody would read it and stand up for cuero!!1 thats where ur wrong!!

Relax noob. Things are very laid back around here. No sense in gettin all scrappy or anything like that.

IHStangFan
09-15-2007, 10:20 AM
correct me if I'm wrong...but the title of this thread is "2007 Ingleside Mustangs"....lets try to stay on track. ;)

Ingleside Fan
09-15-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
correct me if I'm wrong...but the title of this thread is "2007 Ingleside Mustangs"....lets try to stay on track. ;)

Everyone trying to steal your thread. Hey how about them Mustangs?

Looks like Hill will be ready for next weeks game. Rodriguez and Techur look like they will be back. But Coach H might keep some out for district. Minor injuries can develop in to ones that keep keys players out for the important games. Coach had the boys practicing late everyday this week. I think they will be ready for the Sand Crabs. BBQ Brisket and all the fix'ns for dinner on Thursday night.

Go Big Blue!

:D

99IHSMustang
09-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan
Everyone trying to steal your thread. Hey how about them Mustangs?

Looks like Hill will be ready for next weeks game. Rodriguez and Techur look like they will be back. But Coach H might keep some out for district. Minor injuries can develop in to ones that keep keys players out for the important games. Coach had the boys practicing late everyday this week. I think they will be ready for the Sand Crabs. BBQ Brisket and all the fix'ns for dinner on Thursday night.

Go Big Blue!

:D

Sounds good I can't wait to see what our team can do at almost 100%

Ingleside Fan
09-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Hey on side note. Here is a report on the future Mustangs!

7th Grade Mustangs Beat Tuloso Midway 50-30. Thursday game
All you homers will remember Randy Webb. His little brother Adrian (RB) had over 300 yrds in this game. He is a Bull just like his big brother.

Senior Mustangs (10-12 yrs old)
Beat AP today 16-8.

Junior Mustangs(7-9) lost 7-6 against AP today

CueroDad2006
09-15-2007, 09:20 PM

People please.........good god do you Sinton people really think anyone from your distric can really keep up with Cuero,,,,,,,,,Send some of that you guys are smoking down here.

Sinton has a down year ,and jumps on the best in a very week distric to beat a team that could have scored 70 on them.

But we love the 30-3a spirit.......LOL

44INAROW
09-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Lordy Mercy - :rolleyes: Ease up folks - Phil was just kidding around for heaven's sake :doh: New guys/gals - don't be so quick to jump down people's throats...... :cool:

can we get pictures of the new stadium in Ingleside? Especially the Press Box :D

scott Wilson
09-17-2007, 10:53 AM
This post is funny. No one has even gotten out of there district yet. What`s the saying "That`s why they play the game". On paper doesn`t mean anything. Ingleside has a better D this year than last, but their offense doesn`t seem as powerful. (Judging by there first two games). West Oso, and Orange Grove will compete with them for the District. Remeber last year`s OG vs IH score was a 35-34 thriller. So anyone can be beaten on any Friday night. I do feel that South Texas 3A football has reason to feel better as a whole. District 30-3A is playing better across the board and I still wouldn`t sleep on Sinton,Mathis or AP. AP lost three district games last year by 6 points or less, Mathis can play on any given night and West Oso appears to be pretty explosive at times and able to play D. Should be interesting the rest of the way.

p.s. I Don`t think Cuero is skeered of anyone. They may not be as good as in the past, but I wouldn`t wake a sleeping dog.

AP Panther Fan
09-17-2007, 11:00 AM
All you homers will remember Randy Webb. His little brother Adrian (RB) had over 300 yrds in this game. He is a Bull just like his big brother.

:thinking: I don't remember Randy having a younger brother. A couple of sisters though.

IHStangFan
09-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
People please.........good god do you Sinton people really think anyone from your distric can really keep up with Cuero,,,,,,,,,Send some of that you guys are smoking down here.

Sinton has a down year ,and jumps on the best in a very week distric to beat a team that could have scored 70 on them.

But we love the 30-3a spirit.......LOL First of all, you must be new around here...oh yep...Sept. 2006. If you take ANYTHING Phil C says seriously, you have serious issues to begin with. With that said, you and your little sidekick CHSfan need to take it down a notch. Nobody is disrespecting Cuero or their creditability. :rolleyes:

I have found most Cuero fans to be fun, outgoing, interesting people who love their team. Every once in awhile though you get a bad apple. These are the people that don't seem to realize they are making themselves a target, not only for board admin, but also setting themselves up for the big fall should Cuero lose anytime soon. The big talk, the militant attitude, talking down at everyone that ISN'T a Gobblers fan....run their mouths big now...but if and when the Gobblers take one in the L column, you won't hear from these people until next year. We all know the type around here......so again take a chill pill and enjoy the rest of the season. You Gobbler fans have LH next week, so why in the heck are you concerned w/ what some lowly 30-3A fan thinks anyway...get your head in the game. :doh:

Fish's mom
09-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Boy have Been missing the action on this thread. Don't ask me where Josh is playing I have no I idea, You know when they become seniors You begin to see less and less of them HAHAHA
He does tell me a little but I really don't after all this time understand. :confused: AP Panther Fan hi, How are you? How's your son? Take care everyone I'll try to post when time allows.:inlove:

Ingleside Fan
09-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
:thinking: I don't remember Randy having a younger brother. A couple of sisters though.

Maybe a cousin? He is diffently a Webb.

Fish's mom
09-18-2007, 11:26 PM
Maybe a cousin? He is diffently a Webb.

Step brother positive

CueroDad2006
09-19-2007, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
First of all, you must be new around here...oh yep...Sept. 2006. If you take ANYTHING Phil C says seriously, you have serious issues to begin with. With that said, you and your little sidekick CHSfan need to take it down a notch. Nobody is disrespecting Cuero or their creditability. :rolleyes:

I have found most Cuero fans to be fun, outgoing, interesting people who love their team. Every once in awhile though you get a bad apple. These are the people that don't seem to realize they are making themselves a target, not only for board admin, but also setting themselves up for the big fall should Cuero lose anytime soon. The big talk, the militant attitude, talking down at everyone that ISN'T a Gobblers fan....run their mouths big now...but if and when the Gobblers take one in the L column, you won't hear from these people until next year. We all know the type around here......so again take a chill pill and enjoy the rest of the season. You Gobbler fans have LH next week, so why in the heck are you concerned w/ what some lowly 30-3A fan thinks anyway...get your head in the game. :doh:

ROFL did I hit a nurve?Or deep down is everything I said true........Sounds like you keep up with Cuero just a littlemore than most bashers.

Ingleside Fan
09-19-2007, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Fish's mom
Step brother positive

He sure is strong kid!

IHStangFan
09-19-2007, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
ROFL did I hit a nurve?Or deep down is everything I said true........Sounds like you keep up with Cuero just a littlemore than most bashers. basher? point out to me where I have ever bashed Cuero. :rolleyes: I can already tell you won't last long around here. It won't take long for the other classy, respectable Cuero fans & posters to get tired of you making the rest of em look bad. Enjoy your time here while it last. :thumbsup: