PDA

View Full Version : why did that aTm thread get locked?

KTA
08-01-2007, 06:55 PM
seriously what was wrong with it?

1). Keep it clean

CHECK

2). Illegal activity topics are forbidden

CHECK

3). Do not engage in personal attacks and/or threats.

CHECK

4). Use intelligence and wit.

CHECK

5). No political/religious topics

CHECK

6). Obey instructions from Moderators and Administrators

CHECK

7). Do not divulge contents of Private Messages

CHECK

8). No free email accounts

CHECK

9). No username changes

CHECK

10). Use of the phrase "Official 3ADownlow......"

CHECK

11). Links to other 3A sites prohibited

CHECK

12). DO NOT Copy and Paste Premium Content From Other Sites in an Open Forum

CHECK

13). Have fun

CHECK

carter08
08-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Personally attacking people who aren't even on the board?

turbostud
08-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Im guessing it had the potential to move in the wrong direction but dont all ATm/Horns threads.

KTA
I wasnt attacking anybody just posting facts.....so should ever michael vick, or sergio kindle thread get locked right off the bat?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Because it is accusatory and derrogatory, that's why. There are maybe 5 players on the team now who were on that list, and among the laws that they have broken are traffic offenses, and maybe one credit card abuse. You don't get fired from a job or suspended whenever you speed or forget to renew your registration, so how is that any different? Longhorn fans and Aggie fans alike are so quick to jump on every little thing that someone does in an attempt to mar the reputation of the other school and claim superiority, and it's childish and immature.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Because it is accusatory and derrogatory, that's why. There are maybe 5 players on the team now who were on that list, and among the laws that they have broken are traffic offenses, and maybe one credit card abuse. You don't get fired from a job or suspended whenever you speed or forget to renew your registration, so how is that any different? Longhorn fans and Aggie fans alike are so quick to jump on every little thing that someone does in an attempt to mar the reputation of the other school and claim superiority, and it's childish and immature.

Stephen Hodge, who was arrested for theft, shouldn't be on the team any more in my opinion for what he did, I just looked back and saw that.

KTA
08-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Im guessing it had the potential to move in the wrong direction

thats crap,

until it does it shouldnt of been locked,

there was nothing in it that deserved to be locked!!!

turbostud
08-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by KTA
thats crap,

until it does it shouldnt of been locked,

there was nothing in it that deserved to be locked!!!
I know. I thought it was funny.

turbostud
08-01-2007, 07:03 PM
All ATM/Horn threads dont last long around here.

KTA
08-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Because it is accusatory and derrogatory

hows that?

is it telling false statements?

and it's childish and immature.

:clap: this coming from you

turbostud
08-01-2007, 07:05 PM
I feel another thread closing coming. :D

KTA
08-01-2007, 07:06 PM
atleast this on id understand!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by KTA
hows that?

is it telling false statements?

:clap: this coming from you

Well, do you know what the Aggie Code of Honor is? Probably not without looking it up. As I stated earlier, you're trying to make one school look bad because of what previous players have done, not taking into consideration what have been done by current players. You grouped the Aggie football team together in one cluster and failed to mention that all but two of the current players were cited for traffic offenses. I'm not saying that you're saying anything that is false, but at the same time what is the true message that you're trying to deliver? The way that I read it was that A&M players are delinquents and represent our school in a poor manner. Five players out of one hundred and thirty-five, and the worst of which was theft and the rest had to do with what a person done while in a vehicle. Mock me if you like, but you know that I'm correct in my assessment.

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2007, 07:09 PM
To HOPEFULLY prevent the kind of crap that typically goes on, once it gets started. Payback isn't necessarily the best idea. ;)

KTA
08-01-2007, 07:13 PM
You grouped the Aggie football team together in one cluster and failed to mention that all but two of the current players were cited for traffic offenses.

No I didnt,

it was only certain individuals

Five players out of one hundred and thirty-five

But yet when its UT

its a WHOLE different story

KTA
08-01-2007, 07:15 PM
see this is crap

this thread has WAY more potential of getting out of hand

but is it locked?

NO

Wonder why?

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2007, 07:16 PM
If you Aggie and Longhorn fans want to bash each other's schools all day long, knock yourselves out. Just not on here.......

Mission Statement:

3A Down Low has been established to provide a forum for the discussion of Texas Class 3A high school football and other topics [B]as deemed acceptable by the site administrators and moderators. Our prime objective is to provide a clean, informative, and fun place for you to support your favorite team and to learn about other teams and towns across this great state. We hope you will find this site different from any other football site you’ve ever visited.