PDA

View Full Version : Julius Jones vs. Marion Barber

crzyjournalist03
08-01-2007, 11:07 AM
There's a lot of discussion today on DMN.com about whether Julius Jones or Marion Barber III should start for the Cowboys this year...what do you guys think...I thought the running game was pretty good last year, and JJ has been fine in the starter's role. I'm worried that Barber could wear down if he took on a bigger workload. I say let JJ start and have MB3 in on 3rd downs and give JJ a breather a few times a quarter. Don't mess with a good thing!

pirate4state
08-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Agreed. I like MB in 3rd & short situations. What is gonna annoy me, is when MB continues scoring TDs while JJ is on the sidelines crying about not getting the ball in those situations. :rolleyes:

crzyjournalist03
08-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Agreed. I like MB in 3rd & short situations. What is gonna annoy me, is when MB continues scoring TDs while JJ is on the sidelines crying about not getting the ball in those situations. :rolleyes:

well, then he'll just have to roll off more long runs!

pirate4state
08-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
well, then he'll just have to roll off more long runs!

I'm all for that!!! :clap: :clap: :D

Txbroadcaster
08-01-2007, 11:17 AM
I think the media is getting back QB syndrome with Barber..They say look what he does when in the game and how much more effective he is than Jones...well yes, because Barber is brought in as a relief guy, when the defense is tired and beat up.

I think it would be stupid for Dallas to mess with what worked last year. Plus I honestly think witrh it being contract year and in new system, Jones will have a great season.

crzyjournalist03
08-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I think the media is getting back QB syndrome with Barber..They say look what he does when in the game and how much more effective he is than Jones...well yes, because Barber is brought in as a relief guy, when the defense is tired and beat up.

I think it would be stupid for Dallas to mess with what worked last year. Plus I honestly think witrh it being contract year and in new system, Jones will have a great season.

The dangling of the almighty dollar could be huge for the Cowboys running game!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Barber all the way. Why? Because I said so.