PDA

View Full Version : Rebuttal...

g$$
08-01-2007, 03:05 AM
I posted a simple question that turned into a spitting match as usual. I gave my opinion & what I hoped would happen (discipline after a pattern of arrests). I clearly said I respect Mack Brown, but I thought it was time to make a statement that it will not be tolerated. Look at the #s for proof, you can read.

My alma mater is certainly not "holier than thou". Fran did clean house his 1st year at A&M, & I applaud him for that. We have been in trouble in the past too. The main issue is lots of 'Horns are still upset after getting beat last November. In fact, physically whipped at the LOS as the stats show.

And, I certainly did not run to the computer & post. In fact, I was in Dallas at a wedding. It happened Sat. night/Sun. AM & I posted something about it Monday. I don't sit around waiting on bad things to happen to UT athletes. They have done a good job of that lately by themselves.

If A&M screws up, roast us. It comes with the territory of being a big boy in college sports (& yes we are BTW, do your research in all sports & budget). So is Texas of course, even moreso lately. How about expecting your athletes to represent your university (or chosen school) with class & integrity while also striving to win games? Is that too much to ask? I say NO & I will never deviate from that. If that gets under your thin skin, so be it.

g$$
08-01-2007, 03:32 AM
Mods: just stating my case after thread was closed. Not intended to make trouble. Some bitter 'Horns took shots at me, so felt the need to reply. Thanks.

BILLYFRED0000
08-01-2007, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Mods: just stating my case after thread was closed. Not intended to make trouble. Some bitter 'Horns took shots at me, so felt the need to reply. Thanks.

Personally, I don't think that Coaches need to be daddies. If a kid
screws up let the law prove he did or not. Then take steps at that point. If kids want to ruin their lives let them take the fall.
But I cannot be the policeman for other peoples kids. Neither should any coach be. Let the Law handle it unless it spills onto the field. At the field coach is the law and should handle anything on the field.

g$$
08-01-2007, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Personally, I don't think that Coaches need to be daddies. If a kid
screws up let the law prove he did or not. Then take steps at that point. If kids want to ruin their lives let them take the fall.
But I cannot be the policeman for other peoples kids. Neither should any coach be. Let the Law handle it unless it spills onto the field. At the field coach is the law and should handle anything on the field.

Those coaches you mention are in charge of multi-million dollar programs. It's not Pee-Wee Ball. Their university's name they represent is at stake, as well as their livelihood & the respect of everyone out there. Coaches answer to college presidents, ADs, & board of regents (plus alumni to some extent). I respect your opinion but I disagree because they must let the legal system run its course while still protecting their program's name.

I decided to see if I was off-base here so I went to hornfans to see what the diehards were saying. I usually do not do that as I am not a troll (plus that is just looking for trouble). But, what I found in reading multiple posts was about 70% of the Horn posters AGREEING with me that Mack must do something. They said it had become embarrassing with multiple arrests since 2005 & did not want to be like OU or Miami. Some even said Mack was too soft. Check for yourself if you dispute me. It's all there in black & white from the diehard Texas supporters. Maybe the ones on here are just the minority or just too young to know better.

3afan
08-01-2007, 06:10 AM
but - if it had been a Baylor (for example) player who had gotten into trouble you would not even have made the post ..... you're intent was obvious, even to neutral fans (like me) ;)

go SFA (http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sasu-m-footbl-body.html)

g$$
08-01-2007, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
but - if it had been a Baylor (for example) player who had gotten into trouble you would not even have made the post ..... you're intent was obvious, even to neutral fans (like me) ;)

go SFA (http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sasu-m-footbl-body.html)

It wasn't one kid: it is 8 different players since 2005 getting arrested, some multiple times too. It's 2 DWIs in the last 2 months too. You saw the list I posted.

The big boys draw more interest - sorry but it's true. A&M's chief rival is not Baylor but rather the school in Austin. Baylor has beaten Texas more in the last 25 years than they have A&M btw. Don't let young 'Horn fans tell you either that OU ranks ahead of A&M - just look at how edgy they are right now. Ask them how they felt when A&M won 10/11 games like when I was in school too? It's our state's flagship institutions & it will always be big.

If my intent was to state facts, then I succeeded. If those fans got bent out of shape by those facts, so be it & get thicker skin. If A&M screws up repeatedly with the law, roast us too.

3afan
08-01-2007, 06:24 AM
all true - but still the fact remains is WHY you posted those 'facts' ........................ well, we all know the answer to that! :p

'07 SFA Football Schedule (http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/sasu-m-footbl-sched.html)

g$$
08-01-2007, 06:33 AM
all true - but still the fact remains is WHY you posted those 'facts' ........................ well, we all know the answer to that! :p

'07 SFA Football Schedule (http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/sasu-m-footbl-sched.html)

Do I like to see them squirm? Yes

Would I like for one 'Horn on here to say "it is embarrassing & we need to fix that before it tarnishes our fine school"? Yes, that would be refreshing.

Was my true intent to post facts & see what 'Horns thought should be done with all the players getting into trouble? Yes

(but unfortunately instead of good/rational/adult debate back & forth, it turns into a juvenile spitting match & then it turns personal for some)

I am going to stay above that garbage. The only thing I said remotely close to personal was "take the loss like a man".

3afan
08-01-2007, 06:43 AM
last time the Big XII baseball tournament was in Arlington (I think it was the last time) my daughter and I went to see UT & aTm play - it was amazing. we were among fans of both teams and it never stopped the entire game. the fans were as entertaining as the game - I don't even remember who won. some of the language got very R rated at times but it was mostly funny stuff.

Went to see UT & aTm play in Austin 2 years later & it was not near as fun - almost boring - cause we were surrounded by 'Horn fans. all the aTm fans were down the right field line.

g$$
08-01-2007, 06:45 AM

So anything that MIGHT irritate 'Horns (or any other school's fans) even if based in logic & factual should not be posted? Am I following you? I thought this was a message board (albeit 3aDL).

g$$
08-01-2007, 06:50 AM
last time the Big XII baseball tournament was in Arlington (I think it was the last time) my daughter and I went to see UT & aTm play - it was amazing. we were among fans of both teams and it never stopped the entire game. the fans were as entertaining as the game - I don't even remember who won. some of the language got very R rated at times but it was mostly funny stuff.

Went to see UT & aTm play in Austin 2 years later & it was not near as fun - almost boring - cause we were surrounded by 'Horn fans. all the aTm fans were down the right field line.

Come to CS & hear the Raggies at Olsen Field. Those guys are ruthless & funny, but sometimes they cross the line. The Wild Bunch in Austin is too old & drunk most of the time to care. Actually nice guys away from the game partying with them. Most students in Austin don't show up unless it's a big baseball game.

JB Cox (All American pitcher at Texas from Bay City) told me one time that he liked A&M's fans much better because they showed up & cared about their school. He loved the environment. My family has both allegiances so I am used to all of the back & forth.

3afan
08-01-2007, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by g$$
So anything that MIGHT irritate 'Horns (or any other school's fans) even if based in logic & factual should not be posted? Am I following you? I thought this was a message board (albeit 3aDL).

never said that ..............

g$$
08-01-2007, 07:06 AM

Because I'm an Aggie & 'Horns don't like what I post even if true?

Should I worry about touching a nerve? If my intentions are pure & my facts are solid, then it's called free speech.

3afan
08-01-2007, 07:07 AM
so be it! :thumbsup:

BILLYFRED0000
08-01-2007, 07:27 AM
I still disagree. The whole point is that it is a game and if the universities can't handle the fact that it is a kids game and kids make mistakes then so be it. I do not think a coach should ever be held responsible for what his players do off the field. Nor should kids be railroaded by the law. I do not care if it is a billion dollar proposal or not. Innocent till proven guilty. Just because you have been arrested does not make you guilty. The kids should be innocent till guilty and the coach should not be the enforcer.

g$$
08-01-2007, 07:41 AM
I still disagree. The whole point is that it is a game and if the universities can't handle the fact that it is a kids game and kids make mistakes then so be it. I do not think a coach should ever be held responsible for what his players do off the field. Nor should kids be railroaded by the law. I do not care if it is a billion dollar proposal or not. Innocent till proven guilty. Just because you have been arrested does not make you guilty. The kids should be innocent till guilty and the coach should not be the enforcer.

Those kids are representing those universities & nobody is disputing "innocent until proven guilty". You are not seeing the bigger picture: member schools participating in NCAA sports. There are rules to abide by or you pay.

With that analogy, just call it intramurals instead of a multi-million dollar industry & see what happens. Ask Larry Coker at Miami what happens when thuggery/brawls/shootings/etc. become more prevalent & winning becomes less common. He got fired with a 60-15 record & a NC. It starts at the top & ends at the top. Nature of the beast whether we agree or not.

(not comparing Mack to Miami ok 'Horns, just making a point about accountability)

g$$
08-01-2007, 07:44 AM
I do not think a coach should ever be held responsible for what his players do off the field.

Wow, just wow. Should coaches have any rules then? That is not reality buddy. You have your right to state your opinion though, & I respect that.

Ranger Mom
08-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by g$$
The main issue is lots of 'Horns are still upset after getting beat last November. In fact, physically whipped at the LOS as the stats show.

I haven't read the thread in question, and I wasn't on much yesterday, so I am really clueless to what went on......

But.....what does the fact that 8 players (or however many it was) having been in trouble have to do with A&M beating Texas last season??

That one lost me somehow!!:confused: :confused:

pirate4state
08-01-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I haven't read the thread in question, and I wasn't on much yesterday, so I am really clueless to what went on......

But.....what does the fact that 8 players (or however many it was) having been in trouble have to do with A&M beating Texas last season??

It doesn't matter anyway.

I don't know why people even bother.

pirate4state
08-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by g$$

It is indeed coming to that fork in the road.

g$$
08-01-2007, 09:10 AM

Might want to read their comments towards me on that one...my question about what Mack should do led to derogatory name calling from some instead of answering the question.

I never made it personal.

g$$
08-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
It is indeed coming to that fork in the road.

If asking a legitimate question about a sports topic puts me or others at a "fork in the road", then so be it. I never got personal...is it now wrong to have spirited debate (not mean spirited) & adult conversations now on hot button topics? Was my original question off the charts to you?

If that is the case, make very specific rules that only allow Class 3A Texas HS Football talk. No colleges, no pro teams, no ANYTHING except 3A ball. My original question was simply what to do now for Mack after all the arrests? Is that so bad?

Maybe I don't do the giggly back & forth...maybe I prefer actual topics. If you would like to pm me, feel free please. I would prefer that over less than subtle messages over the main board.

Thank you.

pirate4state
08-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by g$$
If asking a legitimate question about a sports topic puts me or others at a "fork in the road", then so be it. I never got personal...is it now wrong to have spirited debate (not mean spirited) & adult conversations now on hot button topics? Was my original question off the charts to you?

Maybe I don't do the giggly back & forth...maybe I prefer actual topics. If you would like to pm me, feel free please. I would prefer that over less than subtle messages over the main board.

Good grief. It wasn't personal. You haven't been on as much lately, but we have actually discussed getting rid of the college threads on numerous occassions because people can't keep them civil!! And frankly, because it is the SAME people, saying the SAME things ad nauseum.

Maybe you should try the giggly back & forth

DDBooger
08-01-2007, 09:26 AM
It wasn't personal. correction p4s, his voracity on the issue begs the question! is it?

DDBooger
08-01-2007, 09:27 AM
just say it is g$$, we know it is:D you ain't got to lie! :D

g$$
08-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Good grief. It wasn't personal. You haven't been on as much lately, but we have actually discussed getting rid of the college threads on numerous occassions because people can't keep them civil!! And frankly, because it is the SAME people, saying the SAME things ad nauseum.

Maybe you should try the giggly back & forth

Maybe I should!

Look, I don't want trouble, but neither am I going to take personal attacks either. I posted a legit question. I actually hoped it could be a civil, adult discussion. We don't have to always agree in this world. Exchanging ideas is a good thing. It turned ugly thanks to some, probably because Horns outnumber Ags on here. Maybe they are on edge. I refrained from that kind of talk for a reason, plus it is stupid & childish. I stated hard core facts & some did not like those facts about their chosen school.

Just tell me the rules & I will live by them. Thanks.

g$$
08-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
just say it is g$$, we know it is:D you ain't got to lie! :D

I'm cool. Just tell us the rules, all I ask. Nothing personal on my end.

jason
08-01-2007, 09:35 AM
the majority of the posts on this thread are from you defending the original 'rebuttal'....

get over it.....

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/7877/3041262013vy1.jpg

pirate4state
08-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
correction p4s, his voracity on the issue begs the question! is it?

Well, my comments were not meant as a personal attack to g$$, but I guess he took them that way. :thinking:

g$$
08-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by jason
the majority of the posts on this thread are from you defending the original 'rebuttal'....

get over it.....

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/7877/3041262013vy1.jpg

And I should know you because?...

Might want to check out the meaning of "rebuttal" fella. It had to do with yesterday. If it doesn't concern you, leave it alone.

Ranger Mom
08-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Giggly back and forth can be fun.........

don't knock it til you try it!!:p :p

g$$
08-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Well, my comments were not meant as a personal attack to g$$, but I guess he took them that way. :thinking:

I said no problem. I am cool, just tell us the rules & please be specific. Lots of topics overlap if you follow me.

crzyjournalist03
08-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by g$$
And I should know you because?...

Might want to check out the meaning of "rebuttal" fella.

I dunno, but to me, it's a big "butt" in the middle of the word "real"...

j/k...couldn't resist...

g$$
08-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Giggly back and forth can be fun.........

don't knock it til you try it!!:p :p

Maybe so RM, maybe so. Sure beats other stuff!

Adidas410s
08-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by g$$

didn't you mean to write whorns? ;)

g$$
08-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
didn't you mean to write whorns? ;)

You're pretty clever. Like I said, I had hoped for a good conversation & nothing personal. Impossible I guess.

My bad. :rolleyes:

Adidas410s
08-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by g$$
You're pretty clever. Like I said, I had hoped for a good conversation & nothing personal. Impossible I guess.

My bad. :rolleyes:

I always miss the fun topics...guess I should've opened that thread earlier! Did anybody write aggots? ;)

Ranger Mom
08-01-2007, 09:59 AM
I always miss the fun topics...guess I should've opened that thread earlier! Did anybody write aggots? ;)

LOL!! I missed it ALL!! The "rebuttal" thread was the first one I read, so I had to go play "catch up"!!:p

pirate4state
08-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Maybe I should!

Look, I don't want trouble, but neither am I going to take personal attacks either. I posted a legit question. I actually hoped it could be a civil, adult discussion. We don't have to always agree in this world. Exchanging ideas is a good thing. It turned ugly thanks to some, probably because Horns outnumber Ags on here. Maybe they are on edge. I refrained from that kind of talk for a reason, plus it is stupid & childish. I stated hard core facts & some did not like those facts about their chosen school.

I think a small part of you does want trouble. You just acknowledged that the majority of this board are Longhorn supporters, so what do you think is gonna happen?? You think they are just gonna sit back and let you go on & on about what YOU think Mack should do? LOL. You said it, A&M/UT is a heated rivarly and as stupid as it is, most fans aren't gonna care to hear or read COLD HARD FACTS, they are gonna react passionately about their respective schools, it makes no difference whether they are right or wrong!!

Does that make it right? No. Which is why we have discussed banning these topics all together. That hasn't been done, yet. Quite frankly, I don't think I'd want to ban them all together just b/c of a handful of posters. We now have the ability to ban posters from individual threads (even if you started it) and/or just revert to closing a thread if it gets to be the same old tired back & forth stuff we've all heard before.

You & everyone else can read the rules at the top of the page. They've always been there.

g$$
08-01-2007, 10:03 AM

How about Dirt Monkeys from Tech? j/k

Adidas410s
08-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by g$$

I can think of some other preferred names...but they aren't board appropriate. My favorite is still puple aggots for Tarleton ;)

crzyjournalist03
08-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by g$$

I always thought that they were the TT heads....

g$$
08-01-2007, 10:13 AM
I think a small part of you does want trouble. You just acknowledged that the majority of this board are Longhorn supporters, so what do you think is gonna happen?? You think they are just gonna sit back and let you go on & on about what YOU think Mack should do? LOL. You said it, A&M/UT is a heated rivarly and as stupid as it is, most fans aren't gonna care to hear or read COLD HARD FACTS, they are gonna react passionately about their respective schools, it makes no difference whether they are right or wrong!!

Does that make it right? No. Which is why we have discussed banning these topics all together. That hasn't been done, yet. Quite frankly, I don't think I'd want to ban them all together just b/c of a handful of posters. We now have the ability to ban posters from individual threads (even if you started it) and/or just revert to closing a thread if it gets to be the same old tired back & forth stuff we've all heard before.

You & everyone else can read the rules at the top of the page. They've always been there.

Watch them squirm a little? Yes, as I previously said. Trouble, NO. Big difference.

That was my point about topic rules, not general rules. It must be specific & we will all know.

If people cannot read facts, then I feel for them. I never asked them to agree. And I asked for opinions other than mine. I know what the rivalry is all about, believe me. I know all too well. I have family on both sides too. But I will never excuse idiotic behavior for passion. That is just childish & juvenile behavior.

I was just hoping for good, spirited debate. I could care less who agrees with me. It is America & we all have a right to free speech within boundaries. But I know this: anything I say is based on facts & experience. If I know nothing about a topic, you won't hear from me.

g$$
08-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Gotta go, y'all have a good one. No hard feelings.

rockdale80
08-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Sure it reflects poorly on the school, as it does on ATM when a player is arrested(yes it has happened), but I dont think Mack encourages or allows it. So what was the point of this thread? Oh well...maybe through all the incessant rambling a point could be made.

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by g$$

The mission statement usually covers these types of threads. In this case, it's not so much the topic itself, but the poor horse that ends up dead and still getting a beating. ;)

Mission Statement:

3A Down Low has been established to provide a forum for the discussion of Texas Class 3A high school football and other topics as deemed acceptable by the site administrators and moderators. Our prime objective is to provide a clean, informative, and fun place for you to support your favorite team and to learn about other teams and towns across this great state. We hope you will find this site different from any other football site you’ve ever visited.

DaHop72
08-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by g$$
I'm cool. Just tell us the rules, all I ask. Nothing personal on my end. g$$
All-American

Member #: 3911

drank & driven?

Idiotic poll & not justifying anything posted in other threads. I know what your intent was...

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

pirate4state
08-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
g$$
All-American

Member #: 3911

drank & driven?

Idiotic poll & not justifying anything posted in other threads. I know what your intent was...

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

well YOU obviously don't know what you are talking about

KTJ
08-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by g$$
(& yes we are BTW, do your research in all sports & budget).

So define big boys---is it based on reputation and championships? Or just purely on $$$?

Some bitter 'Horns took shots at me, so felt the need to reply. Thanks.

I don't recall anyone on that thread being bitter about anything.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
So define big boys---is it based on reputation and championships? Or just purely on $$$?

I don't recall anyone on that thread being bitter about anything.

I'm bitter.

DaHop72
08-01-2007, 11:59 AM
well YOU obviously don't know what you are talking about :devil: :kiss: :kiss:

KTJ
08-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I'm bitter.

Aren't you playing at A&M?

How's that going? I haven't been able to keep up with it since I don't frequent this board anymore.

Buccaneer
08-01-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm bitter.

Sorry, but only Horn fans can be bitter according to g$$. But it is not personal.

Txbroadcaster
08-01-2007, 12:38 PM
To get thru all the back and forth crap here is my take

I think a program has a problem when the players are getting in trouble for alot of "non-typical" behavior

What I mean is if a team has a rash of assualts, rape, sexual assualts, gun charges and such, then yes the team is out of control

If it is thinks like underage drinking, DWI, possesion of a SMALL AMOUNT of weed, then the situation needs to be addressed, but I dont think it is a team out of control, but a team of typical teenagers and young 20 year olds doing dumb things

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Aren't you playing at A&M?

How's that going? I haven't been able to keep up with it since I don't frequent this board anymore.

Yeah, I'm on the team, have my own locker, it's pretty nice. I've been working out with the team all summer long and taking classes, and in all honesty I'm kinda ready for the summer to be over with so I might have a chance to breathe. Oh yeah, and I'm not really bitter, I was just throwing that in there because I figured this was another UT vs. A&M fighting threads, ;). How's everything going for you?

JasperDog94
08-01-2007, 05:09 PM
JHS_c/o_06 said it best...

Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06
You know, you once 'called me out' saying that i was a stupid immature high school kid. When i am in reality, none of those things. I think that someone who reads this thread might think the same thing about you. You asked a question to which you wanted an answer. That being whether or not you think Mack is tough enough on the players. Well......you were given answers by plenty of people who think that he has done a fair consistent job when it comes to people getting arrested. But you didn't get what you wanted to hear because you are fishing for an answer. But you just HAVE to keep pushing it saying "well.....BUT THEY WERE ARRESTED......LET ME GO GET THE LIST OF WHO IT WAS WHEN IT HAPPENED AND WHAT THE OFFENSE WAS.......SEE GUYS.......SEE GUYS......THE LONGHORNS PLAYERS ARE BAD PEOPLE......LOOK AT ME TRYING TO PROVE A POINT THAT NO ONE REALLY CARES ABOUT." reminds me of the Canadians off of South Park. So there are some thugs on the team. Guilty. I don't know what else you want us to say. Maybe Mack needs to go live with each of his recruits for a week to see how they really are before he gives them a scholarship. As to why they keep messing up. When i played football for Jasper.......back when we were winnging games....in fact it was the year that we went to state. The coaches were tough strict and to be honest some of them scared the hell out of us. People were disciplined for messing up inside the program and were punished 10 fold for messing up outside of the program which alot of times resulted in removal from the program. But that didn't stop people from going out....partying and driving and getting arrested. Why.....who knows. It happens.....people make bad choices. 12 people making bad decisions over year or so....its a problem. But it gets delt with every time.......these are individual people making mistakes outside of the program. At least they don't start brawls in the middle of DKR. Why don't you just tell us what you think should be done instead of trying to fish it out of us and being super annoying while doing it. Use that degree from that superior university and formulate a fool proof plan so you can single handedly save the longhorn program from delinquency and thuggery.

Dude.......grow up. I bet as soon as you saw that the guy got arrested on fox news or espn or whatever. You're first thoughts were " I HAVE TO GO MAKE A THREAD ABOUT THIS ON THE DOWNLOW!". Thats all you ever do. How about that story with the Longhorn players and the make a wish foundation for that kid. Oh....thats positive....you don't need anything like that in your life.

As for the 12-7 in your house comment.......congratulations. November will be here soon enough......because it has almost been a year. I quit "crying" the day after the game......now you get over it......half a year later.

*drops drum stick in from of g$$ as if it were the drumline movie*

JasperDog94
08-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Originally posted by g$$
12-7 in your house, quit crying. November will be here soon.

Originally posted by g$$
Don't hide from it guys...truth hurts huh?

Originally posted by g$$
texas is turning into miami if you get my drift

Originally posted by g$$
Take the loss like a MAN.

Originally posted by g$$
Let's hear your spin control...

Originally posted by g$$
If the shoe fits, wear it.... Deal with it or leave.

Originally posted by g$$
don't be afraid to live in the past. Try again...

Nope...nothing personal there.:doh: :doh: :doh:

sinton66
08-01-2007, 08:39 PM
and they wonder WHY we close them.:rolleyes:

BILLYFRED0000
08-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Wow, just wow. Should coaches have any rules then? That is not reality buddy. You have your right to state your opinion though, & I respect that.

They can have rules but that does not mean they are ultimately responsible for how kids follow them. The kids are. And that is the gist of what I am saying. We have pretty strict team guidelines in Celina and everybody knows going in that is how it is. You follow the rules or don't play. But when players get arrested off campus or tagged for DWI for example, should the coach be held responsible? IMHO, no way. The kids in question violated school policy, not just football policy and should be kicked clean out of school. But you don't see many university heads doing that. They don't want to stop those alumni donations coming in. They let the coaches take the heat because it is "his" boys messing up. BS.

Ranger Mom
08-01-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
and they wonder WHY we close them.:rolleyes:

HAhahaha!!

That made me laugh!!!:D :D

injuredinmelee
08-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by g$$
I posted a simple question that turned into a spitting match as usual. I gave my opinion & what I hoped would happen (discipline after a pattern of arrests). I clearly said I respect Mack Brown, but I thought it was time to make a statement that it will not be tolerated. Look at the #s for proof, you can read.

My alma mater is certainly not "holier than thou". Fran did clean house his 1st year at A&M, & I applaud him for that. We have been in trouble in the past too. The main issue is lots of 'Horns are still upset after getting beat last November. In fact, physically whipped at the LOS as the stats show.

And, I certainly did not run to the computer & post. In fact, I was in Dallas at a wedding. It happened Sat. night/Sun. AM & I posted something about it Monday. I don't sit around waiting on bad things to happen to UT athletes. They have done a good job of that lately by themselves.

If A&M screws up, roast us. It comes with the territory of being a big boy in college sports (& yes we are BTW, do your research in all sports & budget). So is Texas of course, even moreso lately. How about expecting your athletes to represent your university (or chosen school) with class & integrity while also striving to win games? Is that too much to ask? I say NO & I will never deviate from that. If that gets under your thin skin, so be it.

yawnnnnnnn

Gobbla2001
08-02-2007, 12:10 AM
"Mr. g$$, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-02-2007, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
rebuttal, a word James Carville used while playing himself in a debate with Adam Sandler's character in Billy Madison... Billy Madison ended up whuppin' Bill Clinton's "War Room" specialist (Carville) in the debate... Carville's only response was "We have no REBUTTAL"...

but just prior to that, Billy Madison was told:

Mr. g$$, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

coencidence? nuh uh...

That was actually in a debate with Will Ferrel in the movie Old School, and in reality the Rajun' Cajun is one the best Democrat analysts and a rather proficient debater. As far as your quote, it was to Billy Madison, but the other stuff was wrong. The malicious reply was to how Billy tried to relate the Industrial Revolution to the child's story The Puppy Who Lost His Way. Try again next time. ;)

Bull Butter
08-02-2007, 12:20 AM
rebuttal, a word James Carville used while playing himself in a debate with Adam Sandler's character in Billy Madison... Billy Madison ended up whuppin' Bill Clinton's "War Room" specialist (Carville) in the debate... Carville's only response was "We have no REBUTTAL"...

but just prior to that, Billy Madison was told:

Mr. g$$, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

coencidence? nuh uh...

Carville never appeared in "Billy Madison". The incident you are speaking of is from "Old School" with Will Ferrell

Gobbla2001
08-02-2007, 12:21 AM
That was actually in a debate with Will Ferrel in the movie Old School, and in reality the Rajun' Cajun is one the best Democrat analysts and a rather proficient debater. As far as your quote, it was to Billy Madison, but the other stuff was wrong.

crap you're right, I'm all mixed up...

Gobbla2001
08-02-2007, 12:24 AM
my bad, messed up with the carville quote and the billy madison quote... I watched both movies back to back the other day... I know the movies by heart... but they were the same type of situation, guess that's why I got 'em mixed up...

I award myself no points and may god have mercy on my soul...

and I like carville, straight shootin' no bs... better than 99.9% of the 'rats and 'pubs out there...

luvhoops34
08-02-2007, 02:05 AM
I always miss the fun topics...guess I should've opened that thread earlier! Did anybody write AGGOTS ? ;)

There's that "A" word that only certain people get in trouble for using. I guess Adidas isn't one of them....:D

luvhoops34
08-02-2007, 02:08 AM
I can think of some other preferred names...but they aren't board appropriate. My favorite is still puple aggots for Tarleton ;)

OOOO, he used the "A" word in two different posts....Where's the outrage??
:D

g$$
08-02-2007, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

Texas A&M vs. Texas:

Who had more conference championships last year? I know the answer, maybe you should look it up...

Anyone who says is TAMU is not a major player in NCAA athletics needs to do more research. I did not say we were top dog, but yes to being a major player/big boy.

g$$
08-02-2007, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
To get thru all the back and forth crap here is my take

What I mean is if a team has a rash of assualts, rape, sexual assualts, gun charges and such, then yes the team is out of control

I gave you examples previously of players arrested for many of the so-called worse crimes listed above (guns, assault, breaking & entering, etc.).

It was not all weed & alcohol. Spin it as you like if that makes you feel better TXB. Look at the list.

g$$
08-02-2007, 05:27 AM
Jasper Dog:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by g$$
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Said that.

quote:
Originally posted by g$$
12-7 in your house, quit crying. November will be here soon.

Said that.

Bitter much??

quote:
Originally posted by g$$
Don't hide from it guys...truth hurts huh?

Said that.

quote:
Originally posted by g$$
texas is turning into miami if you get my drift

Never said that - you took part of what I said. I said in context that Texas was NOT Miami & hopefully did not want to turn into that type school (Thug U) with all the recent arrests. But I expect nothing less from you.

"I am not saying that Texas is turning into Miami if you get my drift." --g$$

Trouble reading much??

quote:
Originally posted by g$$
Take the loss like a MAN.

Said that.

quote:
Originally posted by g$$
Let's hear your spin control...

Said that & read lots of it from Horns.

quote:
Originally posted by g$$
If the shoe fits, wear it.... Deal with it or leave.

Said that.

quote:
Originally posted by g$$
don't be afraid to live in the past. Try again...

Said that.

Next question?

g$$
08-02-2007, 05:33 AM
"Mr. g$$, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

What was insane? Rational opinions based in fact? You bet. I will put my intelligence up with yours anyday, anytime. Don't come at me (idiotic, dumb, incoherent, etc. = words by you) on a message board just because you have been around a while feeling your oats & make statements like that. Are you the Message Board Police?

If you don't agree, fine. I feel sorry for you if you have that much trouble with comprehension. Cuero teaches that right?

I award you 0 points for reading comprehension skills too.

Facts = Facts

g$$
08-02-2007, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Sure it reflects poorly on the school, as it does on ATM when a player is arrested(yes it has happened), but I dont think Mack encourages or allows it.

Agreed. And I clearly stated that A&M had troubles & Fran cleaned house his 1st year. Mack certainly does not encourage it but it is happening at an alarming rate recently (8 different players since 2005, some more than once, & 2 DWIs in the past 2 months). That was the point then & now.

Do something about it Mack more than lip service!

g$$
08-02-2007, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Sorry, but only Horn fans can be bitter according to g$$. But it is not personal.

Funny guy - maybe you're bitter huh?

But, you're right, nothing personal.

g$$
08-02-2007, 05:55 AM
Lots of squirming & defensive posturing from the usual suspects. Par for the course. Gotta go guys, have a good one.

A new season starts soon!

(BTW, tell Mack to crack down on arrests please. It has gotten embarrassing for "your" fine school. Or are any of you grads anyway?)

proof....is this coherent enough for you Gobbla?

http://blogs.chron.com/longhorns/20...etting_old.html

Even the horns' beat writer is taking shots at them.

SO...lets play a little game of book 'em horns:
1. Kwame Cavil
2. Aaron Humphrey
3. Ricky Williams
4. Cedric Benson
5. Tarell Brown
6. Robert Joseph
7. Sergio Kindle
8. Aaron Harris
9. Ramonce Taylor
10. Henry Melton
11. Tyrell Gatewood
12. Cedric Griffin
13. Edorian McCullough
14. Larry Dibbles (part of Huntsville 4)
15. Selvin Young

& for fun
16. Jason Klotz (basketball)
17. Tim Moss (baseball)
18. JB Cox (baseball)