PDA

View Full Version : Orange CRUSH 16U Softball Tryouts (nf)

3ABirdMan
07-31-2007, 11:27 PM
Orange CRUSH 16U Girls Softball (Birdwell) will be holding tryouts on 3 dates:

- Sunday, August 5 – 2:00 pm
- Saturday, August 11 – 2:00 pm
- Saturday August 25 – 2:00 pm

All tryouts will be held at the CRUSH fields in West Orange (TX, 77630), located across from WO-S High School's football stadium at the corner of Burnett and Newton. All positions are considered “open” with no “guaranteed” returning players. Players ARE NOT required to attend all 3 tryout sessions.

We are seeking to build a team of dedicated and committed players whose goal is to participate in college softball at any level, from Junior College to Division I. Our primary goal will be to provide players the opportunity to perform as a competitive team in as many College Exposure events as possible and to provide every opportunity possible to advance the player’s career beyond High School.

Player selections will be based on:
- Dedication and commitment to their team as well as the sport
- A positive attitude toward themselves as well as teammates
- A desire to learn, grow, and improve themselves, mentally as well as physically, both on the field and off
- A demonstrated willingness to work hard at all times – practice, games and fund-raisers/team events
- A lack of selfishness regarding position and playing time (player AND parents)
- Acceptable academic results
- (“Athleticism” and “effort” will be considered over “skill” – We can teach “skill” if the player is an “athlete” and puts forth the “effort” to learn)

The tentative schedule for fall 2007 includes:
- “Lone Star Classic” Exposure – Beaumont*
- “Stars Over Texas” Exposure – Beaumont*
- “Easton Elite College Showcase” – McKinney* OR ASA 16U Fall State – Temple*
- “Ronald McDonald Recruiting Tournament” – Houston*
- “Diamond Sports Academy” Exposure – McKinney*
- Any necessary qualifying tournaments, TBD*

CRUSH 16U will register as a sanctioned 16U team, but we will play in 18U events when the opportunity arises and when it will benefit the players. The decision to attend a National Tournament and participate in those qualifiers will be made by the players/parents and coaches after the team has formed. We intend for the selected team to remain intact through the summer of 2008, and do not anticipate spring tryouts. It is also a goal for the team to remain intact indefinitely.

This will be the second season in existence for CRUSH 16U. In all honesty, we had a very rough first year due to several issues (I will discuss these openly in person as needed). DO NOT let this fact be a deciding issue in whether or not you attend the tryout!

For more information, contact:
James Birdwell
Home (409) 697-1217
Cell (409) 738-5479
jcbirdwell@sbcglobal.net

John Harrell
Home (409) 746-9706
Cell (409) 988-1142

* - Entry pending at this time

3ABirdMan
08-02-2007, 10:08 PM
back to top........

Thanks for being patient with this thread. You never know where the next great player will come from!

bhtrainer
08-03-2007, 10:14 PM
i posted an add on eteamz and got a reply from im guessing the coach of crush....what positions are yall looking for?

3ABirdMan
08-03-2007, 10:46 PM
For my 16U team - ALL positions are open! Only one returner is guaranteed right now, and that's my daughter. :D

I know the 18U GOLD has positions open, as well as the 18U team, but I'm not sure what. We are all pretty much alike, in the fact that the girls ALL have to tryout each year. There are NO GUARANTEES for any returning player!

PM or email me if you need more info on ANY of the 3 teams.

3ABirdMan
08-03-2007, 10:47 PM
OH YEAH!

THANKS for putting this as a sticky!

sinton66
08-03-2007, 10:54 PM
You're welcome.;)

3ABirdMan
08-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Round #2 this Saturday!

Orange CRUSH 16U Girls Softball (Birdwell) will be holding tryouts on 3 dates:

- Sunday, August 5 – 2:00 pm