PDA

View Full Version : any martial artists on here?

Gobbla2001
07-31-2007, 09:07 PM
A guy at work has been trying to get me to take karate for two years now... he has three kids and all three are in it and they're all pretty good in competitions... they did very well at world comp last year in Buffalo, NY... his wife just started taking kick-boxing, I didn't know they had that... I may just have to give that a try...

LH Panther Mom
07-31-2007, 09:09 PM
Not me, but I know lots of the words to "Kung-** Fighting". ;)

KTA
07-31-2007, 09:10 PM
Ive seen every karate kid movie if that counts for anything:D

I took karate for 6 months when I was in 3rd grade...really didnt care for it

Gobbla2001
07-31-2007, 09:12 PM
yah, I don't think I'd like karate, but I think I'd like to do kick-boxing... they also do some grappling classes here and there, so maybe I can be a cage-fighter ha...

for real for reals, kick-boxing has always seemed like it'd be fun to me, plus he says a lot of nice looking young ladies take the class:D

X21AAAPlayer
07-31-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm about to start taking some brazillian jiu jitsu classes soon. Seems like something that would be good to learn no matter who you are.

Gobbla2001
07-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by X21AAAPlayer
I'm about to start taking some brazillian jiu jitsu classes soon. Seems like something that would be good to learn no matter who you are.

yah, I think it'd be fun... my little cousin is always getting me in choke holds and stuff... only 5... I really need to work on executing a ground jiu jitsu style of wreslin' on him so that he will think twice...

BILLYFRED0000
07-31-2007, 10:13 PM
Martial arts are excellent excercise as well as good for the spirit.
I have studied several types when I was younger and retain some of it now tho I do not practice very much any more. I studied with a guy who integrated japanese punching technique,
korean foot technique, judo, and wing chung kung ** for defense.
I found it to be an extremely effective art. My brother studied in Steven Seagals school of aikido and loved it. He always said that even though I never tested for belts I was one of the hardest guys for him to spar. But it was all fun and games for me. I loved the sport and sparring. I will tell you that not all forms work for all people. Taekwondoe does not work well for me for example because I am only 5 7 and not very limber below the waist. Hard to get a side kick or heel kick above the waist of most for me. So look around and find something that you like and that you feel able to perform.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-31-2007, 10:16 PM
I don't need martial arts, I use the corn-fed country boy method. :D

charlesrixey
07-31-2007, 10:25 PM
My cousin manages and teaches at a Tai-kwan-do shop in Tyler

all i know is the basic mixed martial arts/hand-to-hand combat skills they teach us

LEROY
07-31-2007, 10:53 PM
My wife received her black belt about 7 years ago.

Keith7
07-31-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm a green belt in tae kwon do.. well kinda.. I worked my way up to a green belt in 6th/7th grade then the place I was going to went out of business and I had to quit.. but I still remember most of it so beware

pooch
07-31-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I don't need martial arts, I use the corn-fed country boy method. :D he's talking about with other humans; not animals. :kiss:

carter08
08-01-2007, 12:11 AM
I made it to blue belt before I got kicked out cause my parents tried to attack the instructor. True Story.

Who-dun-it!!?
08-01-2007, 12:32 AM
I stayed in a holliday inn express last night:cool:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2007, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by pooch
he's talking about with other humans; not animals. :kiss:

Oh...I love sheep, what can I say?