PDA

View Full Version : wow, what a day in sports

Gobbla2001
07-31-2007, 07:38 PM
Bonds, like him or not, can tie the record tonight and two Boston teams just got a lot better with trades... some more trades

I think Bonds did the juice, but hell they still let him play so he should be able to break it... not his fault so I'm gunna sit back and enjoy history... just hope some LA fan isn't real crazy and gets a gun inside of the stadium to pop him with...

THANK GOD, one of the most dominant players the last decade has FINALLY landed himself on a team that WANTS to win... The Celtics might not get better over night, it's going to take some gelling but WOW, KG no longer in those gawd-awful ugly Minnesota outfits and now wearing green out in Boston... Congrats KG you deserved SOMETHING, glad to see the Wolves finally did something for YOU...

Boston Rojo-Sox just got Gagne, which leads me to:

WOW RANGERS, WOW... you just got jacked... you musta made God mad or something... I dunno...

And the Astros, another wow, you've managed to really do nothing 'cept send ensberg packin' to San Diego for some player we don't even know yet...

what I would have liked to see out of the Astros today:

Trade Jason Lane to the Colorado Rockies

in return: Case of Coors Light and a crisp $1 bill...

would have been a steal...

Buccaneer
07-31-2007, 08:40 PM
A-Rod can hit #500. Glavine can win #300. And the Cubs could be in 1st place!

Gobbla2001
07-31-2007, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer

that's what I left out...

great day for sports in a bad time for sports...

Keith7
07-31-2007, 09:07 PM
how'd the rangers get jacked!? :confused:

Gobbla2001
07-31-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
how'd the rangers get jacked!? :confused:

lost Teixwhatever and Gagne... Gagne has been lights out lately, 16 out of the last 17 save opps saved? They opened up the bank for Teixwhatever and he turned it down... that just bites...

from the outside looking in they didn't have a very good week...

Keith7
07-31-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
lost Teixwhatever and Gagne... Gagne has been lights out lately, 16 out of the last 17 save opps saved? They opened up the bank for Teixwhatever and he turned it down... that just bites...

from the outside looking in they didn't have a very good week...

I think they had a great week.. they weren't going to the playoffs this year, so they might as well build for the future.. the chances of Gagne and Teixiera resigning were slim so at least they got some TOP prospects before they jetted off.. Although it might be a few years before we know for sure if the Rangers were winners at the trade deadline, the move they made this past week sure look good on paper.. I vote the Rangers as having the best weekever

Gobbla2001
07-31-2007, 09:15 PM
well hopefully those prospects work out, just doesn't look good for a year or so... they tried to get Teixiera back but he wanted to go.... then Gagne wanted to go so that just sucks for 'em...

the braves had the best trade week I think...

BILLYFRED0000
07-31-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I think they had a great week.. they weren't going to the playoffs this year, so they might as well build for the future.. the chances of Gagne and Teixiera resigning were slim so at least they got some TOP prospects before they jetted off.. Although it might be a few years before we know for sure if the Rangers were winners at the trade deadline, the move they made this past week sure look good on paper.. I vote the Rangers as having the best weekever

I agree. Keeping Gagne looked expensive and risky and Mark was not going to stay. I think they did OK and if they can find some way to solidify the starters more next year they could be pretty good. The Bull pen has been decent and the bats ok. Defense and pitching from the starters needs to pick up.

crzyjournalist03
08-01-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
well hopefully those prospects work out, just doesn't look good for a year or so... they tried to get Teixiera back but he wanted to go.... then Gagne wanted to go so that just sucks for 'em...

the braves had the best trade week I think...

actually, Gagne didn't want to go...the Rangers had to talk him into waiving his no-trade clause...see the Gagne thread for more details.

pirate4state
08-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Buccaneer

I know A-Rod went 0-4, what happened with the other 2???

crzyjournalist03
08-01-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I know A-Rod went 0-4, what happened with the other 2???

Glavine left with a 2-1 lead and the bullpen blew it so he didn't get the win, and the Brewers won to keep the Cubbies out of first.

pirate4state
08-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Glavine left with a 2-1 lead and the bullpen blew it so he didn't get the win, and the Brewers won to keep the Cubbies out of first.

so, not such a great day afterall ;)

Gobbla2001
08-02-2007, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
so, not such a great day afterall ;)

any day where actual sports are the big topic over which sports icon killed a dog or which ref shaved points off of an NBA score is a GREAT DAY FOR SPORTS...

wink wink