PDA

View Full Version : Gagne to Boston.

carter08
07-31-2007, 02:37 PM
Rangers shipping lots of people out of town. First Texiera, now Gagne.

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 02:49 PM
Kason Gabbard is good!!!!

This could be a reversal of the Chris Young-Adam Eaton trade!

People were saying that Young had good numbers in the majors, but couldn't hold up. Gabbard has been great for Boston this year...I'm surprised they were ready to give him away, let alone throw in a pretty good outfield prospect.

Adidas410s
07-31-2007, 02:51 PM
glad you finally woke up this afternoon Carter! ;)

Still waiting to hear if Gagne approves the trade. As a Red Sox fan...I hate to see them trade away young talent but they need somebody to replace Timlin. As a Rangers fan...I accept that nothing good is happening right now so we have to try and build for the future.

Great job Theo...great job Jon Boy! :thumbsup:

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
glad you finally woke up this afternoon Carter! ;)

Still waiting to hear if Gagne approves the trade. As a Red Sox fan...I hate to see them trade away young talent but they need somebody to replace Timlin. As a Rangers fan...I accept that nothing good is happening right now so we have to try and build for the future.

Great job Theo...great job Jon Boy! :thumbsup:

just heard on ESPN Radio that the Red Sox are reworking his deal to guarantee him incentive money that he would have lost by not being the closer anymore, and the Rangers are sending him a $400k parting gift for him to accept.

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 03:09 PM
Rangers have called a 4 p.m. press conference to announce the Gagne trade.

charlesrixey
07-31-2007, 03:12 PM
i was happy for Texiera, but pitching is our weakness, and Gagne, despite his age and health concerns, is a nice stopgap until our next young closer

Adidas410s
07-31-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
just heard on ESPN Radio that the Red Sox are reworking his deal to guarantee him incentive money that he would have lost by not being the closer anymore, and the Rangers are sending him a $400k parting gift for him to accept.

Yeah evidently they were willing to pay him $5 or $6 mil in bonuses to play for them...

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 03:37 PM
Heck, I'm just pumped that we got Gabbard and Murphy...I think the Rangers got a steal out of this deal!

Adidas410s
07-31-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i was happy for Texiera, but pitching is our weakness, and Gagne, despite his age and health concerns, is a nice stopgap until our next young closer
We signed our future closer yesterday in Neftali Feliz

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 03:38 PM
We signed our future closer yesterday in Neftali Perez

and as far as the immediate future, I read that Joaquin Benoit will close until Aki returns.

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 04:12 PM
Wow...I'm liking Gagne even more now...Jon Daniels just said in the press conference that Gagne didn't want to go, and asked what the Rangers were getting back. When JD told him, Gagne responded "Wow, I like Gabbard...he could really help you guys. OK."

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 04:16 PM
also, Daniels said he expects the Rangers to contact Gagne after the season about possibly re-signing him then.

Cameron Crazy
07-31-2007, 04:16 PM
nice! We will see how good they are when they get him.

injuredinmelee
07-31-2007, 04:21 PM
also, Daniels said he expects the Rangers to contact Gagne after the season about possibly re-signing him then.

how do you think the guys that are coming from Atlanta and Boston feel today knowing they are all going to a franchise that barely reeks mediocrity?

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
how do you think the guys that are coming from Atlanta and Boston feel today knowing they are all going to a franchise that barely reeks mediocrity?

Most are minor leaguers, they dont care

Someone like Salty will see it as a chance to actually stay up and play

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

well, I know if I'm one of those players, I'm looking at is as an opportunity to make a name for myself if I'm a part of turning the team around, and I'm also looking at it as an easier path to the bigs...

Adidas410s
07-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Most are minor leaguers, they dont care

Gabbard, Murphy, and Salty are all currently in the majors.

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 04:36 PM

Murphy is in the bigs with the Rangers or was with the Red Sox?

Adidas410s
07-31-2007, 04:40 PM
Murphy is in the bigs with the Rangers or was with the Red Sox?
with the Red Sox...he went up on June 23rd when Schilling went onto the DL...went back to Pawtucket a week or so later. He also played 20 games for Sox last year.

Btw...he's from Spring and played ball at Baylor. We picked up a few guys with Texas ties in these trades.

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 04:41 PM
with the Red Sox...he went up on June 23rd when Schilling went onto the DL...went back to Pawtucket a week or so later.

Btw...he's from Spring and played ball at Baylor. We picked up a few guys with Texas ties in these trades.

wow...and he's only had two at bats all year? he'll be in Triple A for Texas I'm sure...we still haven't found a way to get Botts up since the team couldn't deal Sosa.

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2007, 05:02 PM

Hence why I said Most..and mentioned Salty will be happy to play everyday and not be on the bench