PDA

View Full Version : Driver Says Sick Cat Sparked Police Chase - from Dallas yesterday

jason
07-31-2007, 08:16 AM
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=3922600&version=11&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Driver Says Sick Cat Sparked Police Chase
High-Speed Chase Ends with Arrest
Last Edited: Monday, 30 Jul 2007, 5:38 PM CDT
Created: Monday, 30 Jul 2007, 3:31 PM CDT

A driver who led police on a high-speed chase on Monday told reporters that he was just trying to get help for his sick cat.

The chase, which FOX 4 News reported had reached speeds of up to 100 mph, ended in Richardson near Highway 75 with the arrest of the man.

Law enforcement officials used spike strips to stop the sport utility vehicle at about 3:30 p.m.

"I was going about 65, 70 … he was going past me like I was just sitting there," witness Colby Tskey said. "It was pretty intense."

Armed officers pulled the man from the vehicle and apprehended him.

The man, dressed in a light-colored button-down shirt, told reporters at the scene that his cat was dying and that he was rushing to get the animal to a veterinarian.

He said he didn't stop because he was hoping pursuing officers would stop following him.

Dallas County constables led the multi-department chase, which began at about 2:30 p.m. in the Garland/Mesquite area and passed through several areas including McKinney, Allen and Plano.

FOX 4 News reported that the feline was deceased and likely had been for some time.

catman
07-31-2007, 05:26 PM
Now they find out he had 2 more dead animals in his refrigerator.

smustangs
07-31-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by catman
Now they find out he had 2 more dead animals in his refrigerator.

sounds like the guy was a true nut case

piratebg
07-31-2007, 06:16 PM
They said he had about 50 cats in his house, and that when a neighbor confronted him about all the cats he threatened to cut her head off.

Emerson1
07-31-2007, 06:18 PM
I heard he attacked a new reporter outside his house.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1i6d6sNsqxE

Cameron Crazy
07-31-2007, 07:11 PM
This guy was some weird dude.