PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M's new Adidas football uniforms pics...

g$$
07-31-2007, 06:25 AM
FYI:

http://www.aggieathletics.com/photo_gallery.php?gallery=503

I will reserve judgement until I see them in person, but not too fond of the dull gray pants & unsure if maroon pants match the maroon in jerseys (A&M is maroon not crimson). We had this problem with Nike for years too. Lots of different combinations. Deal with Adidas was worth too much $$ to pass up. See what you think....

#1 = Jerrod Johnson
#88 = Cody Beyer
#49 = Cyril Obizor
#70 = Cody Wallace (Cuero)
#92 = Chris Harrington

g$$
07-31-2007, 08:07 AM
BBDE: what is the scoop from the inside now that you have seen them? Are pics accurate? Gray pants? Thanks.

FYI: Michigan is going Adidas next year & leaving Nike too. Still Nike school for 2007. Adidas will then have UCLA, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Kansas, Wisconsin, Indiana, & Michigan among the big boys coast to coast.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-31-2007, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by g$$
BBDE: what is the scoop from the inside now that you have seen them? Are pics accurate? Gray pants? Thanks.

FYI: Michigan is going Adidas next year & leaving Nike too. Still Nike school for 2007. Adidas will then have UCLA, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Kansas, Wisconsin, Indiana, & Michigan among the big boys coast to coast.

They have gray pants on display alongside white pants and maroon pants, so I'm not really sure what we're going to use, nothing is really definite right now. Adidas is giving us a lot more stuff than Nike was though, i.e. more casual walking shoes, running shoes, and things of that nature. They're giving us a lot of nice stuff, and for the most part the guys on the team really like it.

Adidas410s
07-31-2007, 08:32 AM
The only thing that doesn't look all that great IMO are the maroon sleeves on the white jersey. They just look too big I guess.

For some reason...I thought I read that Texas would also be moving to Adidas in the future...I could be crazy though.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-31-2007, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
The only thing that doesn't look all that great IMO are the maroon sleeves on the white jersey. They just look too big I guess.

For some reason...I thought I read that Texas would also be moving to Adidas in the future...I could be crazy though.

Umm.....what? I think those are Dri-Fit, Nike's verion of Under Armour, that those guys are wearing, but I'll take a closer look when I walk by them later today and let you know for sure.

Adidas410s
07-31-2007, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Umm.....what? I think those are Dri-Fit, Nike's verion of Under Armour, that those guys are wearing, but I'll take a closer look when I walk by them later today and let you know for sure.

They might be because you can see a maroon collar and maroon sleeve on the white jersey...however on the home jersey it's a maroon collar and a white sleeve that you see.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-31-2007, 08:46 AM
They might be because you can see a maroon collar and maroon sleeve on the white jersey...however on the home jersey it's a maroon collar and a white sleeve that you see.

Interesting...I wish I had a camera so I could take a few pictures and post...I'll try with my cell phone and see how they come out.

g$$
07-31-2007, 08:49 AM

Texas is staying with Nike. They are one of their "national" schools, thus you see their gear everywhere deservedly. Florida, Notre Dame, & Texas are the top 3 sellers from what I have read. Don't expect Texas to be leaving Nike!

(that is Under Armour underneath I believe)

BBDE: when I worked there, players got 7 pairs of shoes their 1st day when gear was issued from Nike. How about now?

tennis shoes
turf shoes
practice cleats
game cleats
rain shoes
extra tennis shoes
extra game cleats

(I think that is right, plus lots of other stuff like gloves, warm-ups, shorts, shirts, hats, etc. They were treated well so I managed to cut some deals! We got a polo shirt & warm-ups as football support staff - not much.)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-31-2007, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Texas is staying with Nike. They are one of their "national" schools, thus you see their gear everywhere deservedly. Florida, Notre Dame, & Texas are the top 3 sellers from what I have read. Don't expect Texas to be leaving Nike!

(that is the Dri-fit underneath I believe)

BBDE: when I worked there, players got 7 pairs of shoes their 1st day when gear was issued from Nike. How about now?

tennis shoes
turf shoes
practice cleats
game cleats
rain shoes
extra tennis shoes
extra game cleats

(I think that is right, plus lots of other stuff like gloves, warm-ups, shorts, shirts, hats, etc.)

We were given running (tennis) shoes, turf shoes, cleats, game cleats, flip-flops, and an extra pair of tennis shoes. They give us new cleats for no good reason sometimes, too, and replace shoes that are worn or busted no questions asked. We don't need rain shoes because we have the indoor now. We might get extra game cleats, I'm not lucky enough to find out yet.

g$$
07-31-2007, 08:55 AM
Thanks - running shoes is what I meant too! Good luck.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-31-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Thanks - running shoes is what I meant too! Good luck.

With Adidas we're getting two pairs of casual shoes to wear wherever, one pair solid maroon, the other pair solid white, each with the A&M insignia on the back. They're pretty sweet.

pirate4state
07-31-2007, 09:00 AM
I like the solid look vs. the mix and match look. :)

pooch
07-31-2007, 12:54 PM
hey g$$, i heard Texas was going with Adidas? No?

when my bro was a trainer at Texas, he loved his Asic tennies. reebok was UT's supplier back then and when the Reebok rep came by, my bro and the other trainers put on their reebok gear real quick like to show the rep.

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 01:20 PM
The grey pants don't look good IMO, but otherwise, they're pretty cool.