PDA

View Full Version : Greg Eillis Needs to Shut-Up

Txbroadcaster
07-30-2007, 08:09 PM
His griping about his contract is getting old..this is the third time in a row he comes into a season complaining..Now he wants a new contract even though he has yet to prove he can come back from his injury

All Pre-Season he has said the Cowboys disrespected him when they drafted Spencer..Well guess what Greg, You were drafted to replace someone when you became a Cowboy, it is the biz.

JasperDog94
07-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Word!:mad: :cool: :cool:

piratebg
07-30-2007, 08:23 PM
I know the defense wasn't the same without him last year, but Bobby Carpenter ended the year pretty good and now that they have drafted Spencer, I'm pretty sure they can manage without him.

kaorder1999
07-30-2007, 09:11 PM
hes under contract until 09. They need to just start fining his butt. He doesnt have a lot of leverage to negotiate.

bobcat1
07-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
His griping about his contract is getting old..this is the third time in a row he comes into a season complaining..Now he wants a new contract even though he has yet to prove he can come back from his injury

All Pre-Season he has said the Cowboys disrespected him when they drafted Spencer..Well guess what Greg, You were drafted to replace someone when you became a Cowboy, it is the biz.

I couldn't agree more. He is most likely wanting guarantee money cause he knows it's over. I say fine him like Kao said. Make him run laps. :D

pirate4state
07-30-2007, 10:22 PM
This annoys me greatly. Just suit up Greg! I'd miss him if he left, but he wouldn't be the first guy we've lost & replaced!

injuredinmelee
07-31-2007, 04:49 AM
I have read stories aobut how he is a team leader and a good locker room influence but doesnt this third year in a row diaper in a wad thing kind of make him not a good lockerroom prescense(sp)? Jerry just needs to tell him to man up and live up to his contract or ride the pine all year.

g$$
07-31-2007, 06:19 AM
Whoa, that hurt for a minute! I agree he needs to play or just go away. Nature of the business.

Bull's-eye
07-31-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I totally agree! IMO, Dallas wasn't sure Ellis would make a full recovery (injury still bothering him), so drafting Spencer just made sense. Even if Ellis came back 100%, Spencer would give them some depth in case of any other injuries. Dallas found out that they only had 2 LB's (Ware & Ellis) that could really rush the QB. Bobby Carpenter came on late, but pressuring the QB wasn't his forte. Dallas has since moved him back to the inside LB position.

I went to the Saturday practice, Spencer and Ware look like twins. They both have a similar build and possess outstanding speed. Dallas will be flip flopping their OLB's, hoping to get Ware some more opportunities rushing against the weak side of the offensive formation.

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 01:22 PM
I heard an interview with Ellis yesterday where he was explaining why he's complaining.

He said it's just like Donovan McNabb in Philly getting upset that the Eagles drafted a QB with their first pick...

Except I haven't heard nearly as much out of Donovan as I have out of Ellis...maybe that's just because I'm in Cowboy Country, but I haven't read a peep from Donovan except for that first little burst.