PDA

View Full Version : Brazoria to Ban Baggy Pants?

carter08
07-30-2007, 06:39 PM
The City of Brazoria, one of the oldest in the state of Texas, is stirring up one of the newest debates around over baggy pants, sagging beneath the waist.

A matter of style to some and a decency issue to others.

The long simmering dispute in the city of 2,800 is about to boil over, thanks to a new measure being considered at the highest levels of local government.

It would make the sagging, baggy pants against the law.

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/stories/073007kvuebaggypantsbrazoriaban-cb.c8790371.html

Dang. Now I can't go walkin through town sagging. :(

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by carter08
http://www.kvue.com/news/state/stories/073007kvuebaggypantsbrazoriaban-cb.c8790371.html

Dang. Now I can't go walkin through town sagging. :(

I know a lot of guys who would break this law.

Emerson1
07-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Didn't Brazoria try to pass some other dumb law a few months ago?

carter08
07-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Didn't Brazoria try to pass some other dumb law a few months ago?

Yea. Tried banning the N word

Bull19
07-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I know a lot of guys who would break this law.

what kind of normal guy "sags" anyway????? only thugs........this law is a good one.

DU_stud04
07-30-2007, 07:22 PM
my mom wants that law for me..... i think as long as i keep everything covered up back there im good.

guess i cant ever go to brazoria county(is anything important in brazoria???)

Bull19
07-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
my mom wants that law for me..... i think as long as i keep everything covered up back there im good.

not a dang thing

carter08
07-30-2007, 07:25 PM

You can come to the county. Just not the city.

But, not being able to go into the city, you'll miss the thrills of The Little Red Game Room, The Brazoria Heritage Museum, and a cool painting on the wall of the hardware store.

DU_stud04
07-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by carter08
You can come to the county. Just not the city.

But, not being able to go into the city, you'll miss the thrills of The Little Red Game Room, The Brazoria Heritage Museum, and a cool painting on the wall of the hardware store. zzzzzzz zzzzzz zzzzzzzzz im stayin put.

neck_06
07-30-2007, 11:16 PM
this is stupid...i dont like baggy pants but this is out of control...i wonder what stupid law brazoria will try to pass next?

Ranger Mom
07-30-2007, 11:50 PM

I didn't notice that your pants were that baggy!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-30-2007, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
this is stupid...i dont like baggy pants but this is out of control...i wonder what stupid law brazoria will try to pass next?

You're stupid...When are you getting back to CS?

neck_06
07-31-2007, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You're stupid...When are you getting back to CS?

no you're stupid! :tongue: and i'm getting back as soon as the NBC world series is over....we start friday. so i should be home in about 2 weeks....be ready.

maestro
07-31-2007, 07:02 AM
can you honestly legislate morality????

historically.....have any of these types of laws ever worked??

g$$
07-31-2007, 07:53 AM

Agreed. Corley needs more to do evidently...

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Baggy pants...meh...

what's chapping me is Wylie trying to ban hoodies...those things are comfortable and aren't harming anything! It's one thing to ban baggy pants because you don't want to see someone's crack, but telling them they can't wear a sweater because it has a hood? C'mon...

g$$
07-31-2007, 11:22 AM

County is huge, just south of Houston. City of Brazoria has lots of history but overall not much going on.

pirate4state
07-31-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Baggy pants...meh...

what's chapping me is Wylie trying to ban hoodies...those things are comfortable and aren't harming anything! It's one thing to ban baggy pants because you don't want to see someone's crack, but telling them they can't wear a sweater because it has a hood? C'mon...

WHAT???? Ban hoodies??? WHY???? :doh:

I love hoodies!!!

Phantom Stang
07-31-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
WHAT???? Ban hoodies??? WHY???? :doh:

I love hoodies!!!
The "logic" behind it is that the hoodies can hide more severe dress code violations.:crazy: :helpme:

Cameron Crazy
07-31-2007, 12:16 PM
dang..so i cant wear my sean johns and my phat farm shoes? c'mon!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-31-2007, 12:18 PM
no you're stupid! :tongue: and i'm getting back as soon as the NBC world series is over....we start friday. so i should be home in about 2 weeks....be ready.

You got it bro, good luck.

carter08
07-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Columbia High has banned hoodies. They think everyone wearing a hoodie is hiding a gun.

neck_06
07-31-2007, 12:59 PM
also at columbia high basketball games.....no backwards hats.

i was sitting in the stands over the christmas break watching my alma mater play and a nice rent-a-cop came up to me and TOLD me to turn my hat around.....so i politly asked her why and she told me that the MAROON A&M hat that i was wearing was GANG RELATED!!! i told her that that was one of the dumbest things that i had ever heard and kindly turned my hat around.

am i out of line or is that a little over the top?

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 01:17 PM

i was sitting in the stands over the christmas break watching my alma mater play and a nice rent-a-cop came up to me and TOLD me to turn my hat around.....so i politly asked her why and she told me that the MAROON A&M hat that i was wearing was GANG RELATED!!! i told her that that was one of the dumbest things that i had ever heard and kindly turned my hat around.

Personally, I've heard A&M fans called worse....

:D

j/k...that is a little over the top.

carter08
07-31-2007, 01:37 PM

I more some Mardi Gras beads that have giant PEACE SIGNS on them and had to take them off because Mardi Gras beads were gang related.

neck_06
07-31-2007, 04:43 PM
ttt

piratebg
07-31-2007, 04:55 PM
Banning baggy pants??? Banning hoodies??? Lets just ban clothes all together and walk around the way nature intended. :D

carter08
07-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Banning baggy pants??? Banning hoodies??? Lets just ban clothes all together and walk around the way nature intended. :D

:thumbsup:

neck_06
07-31-2007, 08:15 PM
i tried that once....people didn't take too kindly to it ;)

Gobbla2001
07-31-2007, 09:25 PM
I hate the N word, and wasn't really that offended that someone would try to ban it, but to me it was one of those things where the town wants too much control over its citizens, too much governing if you will...

now they're gunna ban baggy pants?

I'm not a sagger, and I don't like little wanna be gang-bangers saggin' to the ground, but if they aint showin' crack what's the deal?

I know a lot of men don't have butts but have a large waste... you cannot buyy wide pants for a large waste without there being a big storage section in the back of your pants for a lot of ass... would that be baggy?

I just think it's WAYYYYY too much control for a city to have...

pooch
07-31-2007, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by maestro
can you honestly legislate morality????

no.

Who-dun-it!!?
08-01-2007, 12:37 AM
Well I can't stand thugs or wanna be thugs. But this seems like a little too much government to me. Besides, when thugs dress like thugs it helps us who enforce the law identify them. I say leave them alone, let em trip over there stupid lookin pants. We'll come by and scrape em up later.:cool:

Emerson1
08-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Well I can't stand thugs or wanna be thugs. But this seems like a little too much government to me. Besides, when thugs dress like thugs it helps us who enforce the law identify them. I say leave them alone, let em trip over there stupid lookin pants. We'll come by and scrape em up later.:cool:
People other then thugs wear their pants low.

Who-dun-it!!?
08-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
People other then thugs wear their pants low.

I thought I mentioned wanna be's ?

Who-dun-it!!?
08-01-2007, 12:47 AM
Just kidding, to each there own. I just remember a time for instance when you were held accountable for the things you did including the way you dress. Times have certainly changed.

Emerson1
08-01-2007, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Just kidding, to each there own. I just remember a time for instance when you were held accountable for the things you did including the way you dress. Times have certainly changed.

That was when this stuff was worn

http://www.msu.edu/~timmnico/ladyhomepg.gif

Who-dun-it!!?
08-01-2007, 12:52 AM
Now thats funny. :D

I'm not quite that old. But I can remember my Highschool Baseball coach runnin us till we puked cause somebody had there hat on crooked.

Emerson1
08-01-2007, 12:53 AM
That was also when doctors smoked in the office.

Who-dun-it!!?
08-01-2007, 12:54 AM
They still smoke in the office. Just not smoking the same stuff as they use to.:cool:

g$$
08-01-2007, 03:08 AM

Wow. Way over the top. Is that Galloway imposing this stuff?

themsu97
08-01-2007, 06:31 AM
somebody hit the nail on the head earlier when they talked about Corley the mayor...
he got the media to Brazoria on an issue a few years back and he like the attention, then he went with the ban on the N word and got more attention... he is needing some more attention so now this...
baggy pants are the stupidest thing I have ever seen... even worse than parachute pants and the mullet... but to each his own...
Corley has become a media ho and I guess thinks he wants to run for some big office to always keep his name on the news and paper... but he is an idiot...

g$$
08-01-2007, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Agreed. Corley needs more to do evidently...

That was me & agreed MSU (about baggy pants too!). Now go fix our Astros because I am tired of this crap...even called Timmy P. on 740AM the other day to vent. He was crawfishing when I told him my name & that I used to work for him, then I peppered him with hard-to-answer questions about the minors, drafts, Woody, flawed roster, etc. It was great!