PDA

View Full Version : KG to the Celtics?

CelinaCatFan
07-30-2007, 11:50 AM
It looks like a deal is very close to being finalized that will send Kevin Garnett to the Celtics for Al Jefferson, Theo Ratliff, and Rajon Rondo.

I hope this is not true. I'm still hoping the Mavs can pull off a trade for KG.

Adidas410s
07-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Ray Allan...Paul Pierce...Kevin Garnett...

yeah pencil the Celtics in as contenders in the NBA East if this happens. I bet Bill Simmons is checking himself into Promises Rehab if this deal doesn't go through...

CelinaCatFan
07-30-2007, 12:00 PM
It definitely would make them a favorite in the East. It also would make them attractive for veteran FAs to sign with them for the veteran minimum or LLE (ex: Webber, PJ Brown). It could be very interesting next season in Boston.

Phil C
07-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Don't forget that Cleveland still has Lebron and Miami has Shaq and Wade. And Detroit is well Detroit. And Chicago is good too.

Pmoney
07-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Don't forget that Cleveland still has Lebron and Miami has Shaq and Wade. And Detroit is well Detroit. And Chicago is good too.
but do they have KG, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen...no...so thats why i would have them the fav.

smustangs
07-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
but do they have KG, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen...no...so thats why i would have them the fav.

i agree if this deal goes through the celtics will def make some noise

big daddy russ
07-30-2007, 01:20 PM
KG's going to have to OK the deal before anything happens. He has a no-trade clause in his contract, and at the beginning of the offseason he was adamant that there were only a couple of teams he'd be willing to go to, and the Celts weren't one.

crzyjournalist03
07-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
KG's going to have to OK the deal before anything happens. He has a no-trade clause in his contract, and at the beginning of the offseason he was adamant that there were only a couple of teams he'd be willing to go to, and the Celts weren't one.

however, the Celts didn't have Ray Allen at the time either...it could be interesting to see what KG thinks now.

DU_stud04
07-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
however, the Celts didn't have Ray Allen at the time either...it could be interesting to see what KG thinks now. i agree

crzyjournalist03
07-30-2007, 04:50 PM
SI seems to believe this is a done deal.

eagles_victory
07-30-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Don't forget that Cleveland still has Lebron and Miami has Shaq and Wade. And Detroit is well Detroit. And Chicago is good too. i think we saw the end of the Detroit dynasty in game 6 in Cleveland not that it was a dynasty but there run of dominance in the east is now over imo

Fal44
07-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
i think we saw the end of the Detroit dynasty in game 6 in Cleveland not that it was a dynasty but there run of dominance in the east is now over imo

agreed ^

Celtics get this trade, they should be a real player in the east... but you never know if the talent will mesh together.