PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Teixeira traded to the BRAVES

crzyjournalist03
07-30-2007, 10:46 AM
Breaking News from the Star-Telegram and ESPN Radio: Both reporting that Mark Teixeira has been dealt to Atlanta pending physicals...details shortly.

crzyjournalist03
07-30-2007, 10:49 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7074846

Salty, Andrus, and two pitching prospects, Harrison is expected to be one of them.

CelinaCatFan
07-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Norm Hitzges has reported it on 1310 The Ticket. He seems very on board with the trade.

GreenMonster
07-30-2007, 10:59 AM
I can live with that trade. 2 pitchers and 2 prospects. Not bad. Mahay isn't much of a loss but could be big for the Bravos in the pen down the stretch.

mwynn05
07-30-2007, 10:59 AM
yeah...norm broke it a little bit ago

crzyjournalist03
07-30-2007, 11:01 AM
rumored pitchers are Matt Harrison and Jo-Jo Reyes...the top two prospects in the Braves system...if this is true, the Rangers just broke the bank on prospects if you go by Baseball America!!!!

CelinaCatFan
07-30-2007, 11:05 AM
I hope your right and we get Salty, Andrus, Harrison, and Reyes!

Checklist:

Lofton (Traded)
Texeira (Traded)

Gagne should be next. Where will he go and what can we get in return?

Adidas410s
07-30-2007, 11:07 AM
way to go Jon boy...then again...could he really screw this one up TOO bad??? :clap: :clap: :clap:

eagles_victory
07-30-2007, 11:14 AM
getting the catcher from atlanta kind of makes me wish they wouldnt of traded lofton for a minor league catcher

GreenMonster
07-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Gagne won't draw much. Any decent prospect and young guy would be perfect for him. Rangers may have to chip in a few dollars to make it happen as well.

Adidas410s
07-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan

Checklist:

Lofton (Traded)
Texeira (Traded)

From what I've read over the past few days...everybody but the Dodgers and Yankees have cooled on Gagne. He says he likes being in Texas and speculation is that he's already begun talks on a 2 or 3 year agreement. Here's the latest from ESPN:

Eric Gagne

Dodgers?
Yankees?
Tigers?

The Tigers and Yankees are interested in Eric Gagne, but he has the right to veto a deal with either team, the Dallas Morning News reports. He likely will balk at any trade that doesn't guarantee him the closer's role or full value of his contract ($11 million).
The Tigers have no plans to bump Todd Jones, and the Yankees aren't about to bump Mariano Rivera.

While there has been some talk that Gagne could end up back with the Dodgers, he probably will remain in Texas, with the Rangers spending August and September trying to work out a multi-year extension.

GreenMonster
07-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
getting the catcher from atlanta kind of makes me wish they wouldnt of traded lofton for a minor league catcher True, but they could still package him up with Gagne and just try to turn him around.

crzyjournalist03
07-30-2007, 11:19 AM
getting the catcher from atlanta kind of makes me wish they wouldnt of traded lofton for a minor league catcher

Saltalamacchia will most likely play 1B for the Rangers and Laird will continue to catch...

the latest on the Star-telegram's site says that it's 19-year-old Neftali Perez that's one of the pitchers...and I've never heard of him...we'll have to wait and see who the pitchers really are.

crzyjournalist03
07-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Rangers set to have a 3 p.m. press conference to announce the deal.

eagles_victory
07-30-2007, 11:24 AM
i hope they hold on to gagne and resign him personally i think he could be very valueable in the future closing games if the rangers can ever get back on track

Adidas410s
07-30-2007, 11:25 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see "Salty" become a 1B/C/DH guy. Laird is a great defensive catcher but his woes at the plate are well known. The guy in the Lofton deal is an AA guy that will take a few years to pan out. Between Laird, Salty, and Ramirez...the Rangers have some young talent that they can trade and/or grow into a solid all-aroudn catching option.

crzyjournalist03
07-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I wouldn't be surprised to see "Salty" become a 1B/C/DH guy. Laird is a great defensive catcher but his woes at the plate are well known. The guy in the Lofton deal is an AA guy that will take a few years to pan out. Between Laird, Salty, and Ramirez...the Rangers have some young talent that they can trade and/or grow into a solid all-aroudn catching option.

Don't forget about local product Taylor Teagarden out at AA!

Macarthur
07-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Salty will play 1B.

Based on what Norm said (Baseball America), the Rangers made a great deal. To get what they got for a guy that everyone in the world knew would not resign with them is pretty darn good.

Adidas410s
07-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Don't forget about local product Taylor Teagarden out at AA!

did he just get called up??? I see stats listed for only 1 game this season. He was 0 for 3 with 2 K's. I haven't seen him at any of the games I've been to in Frisco this year...

crzyjournalist03
07-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
did he just get called up??? I see stats listed for only 1 game this season. He was 0 for 3 with 2 K's. I haven't seen him at any of the games I've been to in Frisco this year...

Yeah...they called him up when they got Ramierez. Teagarden was absolutely tearing up Bakersfield, was top ten in almost every offensive category.

crzyjournalist03
07-30-2007, 12:06 PM
it appears that the final deal is as follows:

Rangers get:

Saltalamacchia
SS Elvis Andrus
LHP Matt Harrison
RHP Neftili Feliz

Braves get:
Teixeira
LHP Ron Mahay

Astrosdawg07
07-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan

Checklist:

Lofton (Traded)
Texeira (Traded)

LA(NL)

crzyjournalist03
07-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
LA(NL)

hmm...my gut tells me Gagne will be pitching for the Rangers tomorrow night as the team tries to work on an extension, but if they get any type of good prospect like a Clayton Kershaw from the Dodgers, I'm for it!

Keith7
07-30-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm not sure what to think about this trade really.. When you are picking up prospects , its always a roll of the dice, lets just hope this one goes the rangers way...

crzyjournalist03
07-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I'm not sure what to think about this trade really.. When you are picking up prospects , its always a roll of the dice, lets just hope this one goes the rangers way...

Especially when the prospects are 18 and 19 years old and at LEAST three years from the bigs.

crzyjournalist03
07-30-2007, 04:24 PM
According to the Atlanta-Journal Constitution, the Braves experts feel that Atlanta is paying a "hefty price" for Teixeira...sounds like both sides are pretty leery, meaning it's probably a good deal both ways.

eagles_victory
07-30-2007, 04:51 PM
According to the Atlanta-Journal Constitution, the Braves experts feel that Atlanta is paying a "hefty price" for Teixeira...sounds like both sides are pretty leery, meaning it's probably a good deal both ways. I think its a good deal for Atlanta your in the playoff race and you pick up a guy who when he gets hot he can carry his team offensively... Remember how hot he got in the second half last year. A lot of people had him pegged as AL MVP this year but he never really got it going but the Braves offense is going to be dangerous with Tex and the Jones boys

crzyjournalist03
07-30-2007, 04:57 PM
I think its a good deal for Atlanta your in the playoff race and you pick up a guy who when he gets hot he can carry his team offensively... Remember how hot he got in the second half last year. A lot of people had him pegged as AL MVP this year but he never really got it going but the Braves offense is going to be dangerous with Tex and the Jones boys

I was just reading the Braves official fan forum on their website, and it looks like a lot of Braves fans hate this deal and think the Rangers screwed them...that's good to read!

crzyjournalist03
07-30-2007, 05:02 PM
No official press conference from either side at this point is very interesting...could there be another deal in the works for one or both teams???

Emerson1
07-30-2007, 05:17 PM
hmm...my gut tells me Gagne will be pitching for the Rangers tomorrow night as the team tries to work on an extension, but if they get any type of good prospect like a Clayton Kershaw from the Dodgers, I'm for it!
Is that the kid from HP?

crzyjournalist03
07-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Is that the kid from HP?

yep...that's why I think Gagne will stay with Texas...the Dodgers love that guy.

g$$
07-31-2007, 07:12 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7074846

Salty, Andrus, and two pitching prospects, Harrison is expected to be one of them.

Like I said Monday morning when we discussed it, good trade for both teams. Y'all will like Salty in Dallas, plus it appears you got a couple of stud prospects. Tex wanted out & is going home (played at Ga Tech), so good deal for both organizations.

g$$
07-31-2007, 07:16 AM

NO WAY on Kershaw. Dallas kid yes but way too valuable right now for the Dodgers. He is only 19 yrs. old & a stud LHP.

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 09:10 AM
still no official word on this deal...it's believed that Matt Harrison's recent arm soreness is the reason for delay. The Rangers are being extra careful to make sure they're not getting a bum pitcher.

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 02:52 PM
This trade has finally become official, and the Rangers did indeed pry Harrison away, and in the process grabbed a THIRD pitcher from the Braves! Looking good...

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 02:57 PM
Beau Jones LHP, drafted #41 overall in the 2005 draft is the third pitcher in the deal. He's in class A right now.

Adidas410s
07-31-2007, 03:40 PM
5 for 2...

The Rangers formally announced on Tuesday afternoon that they have traded Teixeira and reliever Ron Mahay to the Atlanta Braves for catcher/first baseman Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Minor League shortstop Elvis Andrus and pitchers Neftali Feliz, Matt Harrison and Beau Jones.