PDA

View Full Version : Does Mack Brown need to get tougher on players breaking law?

g$$
07-30-2007, 09:48 AM
That is 2 guys arrested for DWI in 2 months (Kindle, Melton). Couple that with the drug arrests last year (Harris, Brown, Gatewood) plus a few other transgressions by others, & you have a real need for discipline on the 40 Acres. Alcohol, weed, guns, etc. I don't care what happened in court - they were arrested for a reason & not being "good kids" like Mack preaches - so don't go there please. Ramonce Taylor comes to mind too, who was finally suspended & released after many problems (including a criminal history in hs when he changed schools from Temple to Belton). Robert Joseph was kicked off the Texas team this summer & just got arrested again Sat. night.

I am well aware these things happen everywhere, but it is becoming very common at Texas. What do you say Horns - blip on the radar or embarrassing? I say Mack needs to get tougher & make some people pay ASAP. Is he too loyal to a fault? Let's hear your spin control...

(btw, I respect Mack a lot even though I'm an Aggie, much more than I do pompous Fran)

g$$
07-30-2007, 10:02 AM
It's time like this I miss West Tx Longhorn/Litany of Fury/whatever & also Tiger WR. I know they are reading it anyway, so keep your guys out of jail fellas!

Macarthur
07-30-2007, 10:30 AM
First, I don't think Mack is any different that other coaches, in that he will come down hard on kids that don't contribute. Stars get different treatment. I don't like it, but that's the reality.

Having said that, there does seem to be more "news" coming out of Austin than other college towns. I think there is a mentality there that coddles to the athletes.

BTW, I am not a fan of Mack. ;)

JasperDog94
07-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I think there is a mentality there that coddles to the athletes. As opposed to.....

injuredinmelee
07-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by g$$
That is 2 guys arrested for DWI in 2 months (Kindle, Melton). Couple that with the drug arrests last year (Harris, Brown, Gatewood) plus a few other transgressions by others, & you have a real need for discipline on the 40 Acres. Alcohol, weed, guns, etc. I don't care what happened in court - they were arrested for a reason & not being "good kids" like Mack preaches - so don't go there please. Ramonce Taylor comes to mind too, who was finally suspended & released after many problems (including a criminal history in hs when he changed schools from Temple to Belton). Robert Joseph was kicked off the Texas team this summer & just got arrested again Sat. night.

I am well aware these things happen everywhere, but it is becoming very common at Texas. What do you say Horns - blip on the radar or embarrassing? I say Mack needs to get tougher & make some people pay ASAP. Is he too loyal to a fault? Let's hear your spin control...

(btw, I respect Mack a lot even though I'm an Aggie, much more than I do pompous Fran)

Harris was already done with his eligibilty when popped. Gatewood released. The kid that got arrested a month or so ago off the team now. If you think it was a coincidence that he wanted to transfer your nuts.

Hopefully we wont have one loping the mule in the parking lot of a campus building.

JasperDog94
07-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Harris was already done with his eligibilty when popped. Gatewood released. The kid that got arrested a month or so ago off the team now. If you think it was a coincidence that he wanted to transfer your nuts. Sounds like Mack is taking care of business after all.

Phil C
07-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
First, I don't think Mack is any different that other coaches, in that he will come down hard on kids that don't contribute. Stars get different treatment. I don't like it, but that's the reality.

Having said that, there does seem to be more "news" coming out of Austin than other college towns. I think there is a mentality there that coddles to the athletes.

BTW, I am not a fan of Mack. ;)

I don't know Mac. It sure isn't the local law officials.

Bull19
07-30-2007, 12:34 PM
dang right he needs to get tougher.. mack brown is such a little girl pushover.

texas is turning into miami if you get my drift

Gobbla2001
07-30-2007, 12:36 PM
obviously something needs to be changed... they are getting into more trouble than anyone else...

LH Panther Mom
07-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
they are getting into more trouble than anyone else... Or you hear about it more..... ;)

Gobbla2001
07-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Or you hear about it more..... ;)

this is true... g$$ can talk about UT athletics all day if it's somethin' bad :thinking:

c-town_balla
07-30-2007, 02:55 PM
now yall can beleve me if you want.........I have some inside sources with Texas and most of the freshman class from last year acted as if they could do no wrong....and this has shown from several of them getting arested, transfering, ect......the Texas recuting class for this year will be less big name kids because of Texas not going after guys with character issues....after the most recent issue before Kindle....mack had told the team that the next guy to mess up was off the team...didn't matter if it was colt or sweed or however.....so i wouldnt be surprized if mack came down hard on Kindle

Macarthur
07-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
now yall can beleve me if you want.........I have some inside sources with Texas and most of the freshman class from last year acted as if they could do no wrong....and this has shown from several of them getting arested, transfering, ect......the Texas recuting class for this year will be less big name kids because of Texas not going after guys with character issues....after the most recent issue before Kindle....mack had told the team that the next guy to mess up was off the team...didn't matter if it was colt or sweed or however.....so i wouldnt be surprized if mack came down hard on Kindle

If that's true, I'm very interested in how Mack will deal with this, also.

I will be shocked if he does anything with Kindle outside of "internal discipline".

JasperDog94
07-30-2007, 03:04 PM
At least Mack seems to be administering punishment to guys that break rules....unlike Fran who has a player cheap shot Colt on one of the most classless plays I've ever seen and then lets the guy start the next game.

JHS_c/o_06'
07-30-2007, 03:53 PM
g$$....I knew we could count on you to bring this up with it's own thread.

Bull19
07-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
At least Mack seems to be administering punishment to guys that break rules....unlike Fran who has a player cheap shot Colt on one of the most classless plays I've ever seen and then lets the guy start the next game.

christ!......get over it already dude

its called football, not two hand touch

injuredinmelee
07-30-2007, 07:58 PM
WHen UT has 12 players arrested in one calendar year as the Aggies did then lets talk.

JasperDog94
07-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
christ!......get over it already dude

its called football, not two hand touch I was just using that to illustrate Fran's lack of discipline on his own team.

YOU get over it.:D

g$$
07-31-2007, 06:32 AM
Harris was already done with his eligibilty when popped. Gatewood released. The kid that got arrested a month or so ago off the team now. If you think it was a coincidence that he wanted to transfer your nuts.

Hopefully we wont have one loping the mule in the parking lot of a campus building.

Hey fella - other people read the paper too.

Harris = yes he was done & still hanging around the players; I am so sure his drug problems started after college too like Ricky Williams & Cedric Benson too! Right on, get real.

Gatewood = was not released from scholarship & still on team last I checked

Joseph = off team as I said previously & just arrested again, just a great kid huh?

Tarell Brown = now in NFL & fell in Draft to 4th round after multiple troubles with law

Should I go on? Just like I said, SPIN CONTROL.

g$$
07-31-2007, 06:35 AM
this is true... g$$ can talk about UT athletics all day if it's somethin' bad :thinking:

If the shoe fits, wear it. I didn't make this stuff up did I? When you are Texas or any high profile program, it comes with the territory. Deal with it or leave.

Don't blame the media for reporting it...

g$$
07-31-2007, 06:37 AM
Or you hear about it more..... ;)

That's a cop-out & you are better than that LH Mom. It comes with the territory. I said I like & respect Mack, but I also think he needs to get tougher. This is NOT an isolated incident.

3afan
07-31-2007, 06:37 AM
Texas is no different than any other 'big time" football program .....

g$$
07-31-2007, 06:38 AM

Yes, that happened 5 years ago near Kyle Field & that kid was kicked off the team...don't be afraid to live in the past. Try again...

g$$
07-31-2007, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
g$$....I knew we could count on you to bring this up with it's own thread.

Don't hide from it guys...truth hurts huh? If it happens at A&M I surely hope the offenders will pay. Fran cleaned house when he got there, I will give him credit for that. The NFL is cracking down, why can't Texas?

BTW, Kellen Heard was disciplined internally & did not start the bowl game. It was a cheap shot, agreed. He was not arrested.

12-7 in your house, quit crying. November will be here soon.

g$$
07-31-2007, 06:47 AM
WHen UT has 12 players arrested in one calendar year as the Aggies did then lets talk.

And what happened to those guys? Look that up before you pop off. Fran cleaned house that 1st year. You're still bitter A&M physically whipped your chosen team in Austin.

Get over that & keep your players out of the clink! Count how many 'Horns have had troubles in the past calendar year...

g$$
07-31-2007, 07:29 AM
http://blogs.chron.com/longhorns/2007/07/bad_boys_reruns_getting_old.html

Even the horns' beat writer is taking shots at them.

SO...lets play a little game of book 'em horns:
1. Kwame Cavil
2. Aaron Humphrey
3. Ricky Williams
4. Cedric Benson
5. Tarell Brown
6. Robert Joseph
7. Sergio Kindle
8. Aaron Harris
9. Ramonce Taylor
10. Henry Melton
11. Tyrell Gatewood
12. Cedric Griffin
13. Edorian McCullough
14. Larry Dibbles (part of Huntsville 4)
15. Selvin Young

16. Jason Klotz (basketball)
17. Tim Moss (baseball)
18. JB Cox (baseball)

All of those listed have had legal troubles in the past few years, & I may have missed some too. Some were eventually not charged & others were. Now let's talk Injured...

LH Panther Mom
07-31-2007, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by g$$
That's a cop-out & you are better than that LH Mom. It comes with the territory. I said I like & respect Mack, but I also think he needs to get tougher. This is NOT an isolated incident.
Not a cop-out on my part. I just tend to see that "bad news" is many times posted here, and other boards, by fans of other schools. My school of choice has had some D/A moves made by athletes....you don't see much of it posted here, because frankly most on here don't like/dislike us enough to care if they're making D/A moves. :p

Now, with that said, I'm certainly reserving judgement on whether or not Mack needs to get tougher until he has had time to address this incident. I don't expect some big public announcement, based on what I've seen and heard from him.

g$$
07-31-2007, 07:38 AM
Not a cop-out on my part. I just tend to see that "bad news" is many times posted here, and other boards, by fans of other schools. My school of choice has had some D/A moves made by athletes....you don't see much of it posted here, because frankly most on here don't like/dislike us enough to care if they're making D/A moves. :p

Now, with that said, I'm certainly reserving judgement on whether or not Mack needs to get tougher until he has had time to address this incident. I don't expect some big public announcement, based on what I've seen and heard from him.

Tech's had a few too, like all schools. Mack will handle it internally like he always does.

g$$
07-31-2007, 07:43 AM

Seven different University of Texas football players have been arrested since May 2006: (actually 8 since 2005)

ƒÞ Defensive back Cedric Griffin and running back/receiver Ramonce Taylor were questioned, but never considered suspects, in an alleged assault in Austin's Sixth Street District on Dec. 10, 2005.

ƒÞ Taylor was arrested May 15, 2006, for possession of marijuana. Two months later, Taylor announced he would transfer.

ƒÞ Cornerback Tarell Brown was arrested and charged with misdemeanor drug and weapon charges on Sept. 4, 2006. He was suspended for the Ohio State game.

ƒÞ Backup linebacker Tyrell Gatewood and former linebacker Aaron Harris were also arrested along with Brown.

ƒÞ Defensive end Henry Melton was arrested for driving while intoxicated on June 1.

ƒÞ Safety Robert Joseph was arrested June 9 and charged with two counts of burglarizing a vehicle. A couple of days later he announced he would transfer.

ƒÞ Joseph was arrested again Friday and charged with aggravated robbery, a first-degree felony, and remains in Travis County Jail on $25,000 bond.

ƒÞ Linebacker Sergio Kindle was arrested Saturday for driving while intoxicated.

3afan
07-31-2007, 07:43 AM
I say again ................

Originally posted by 3afan

LH Panther Mom
07-31-2007, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Tech's had a few too, like all schools.
I know - you just don't see it on here too much. For the most part, the only folks that give a crap are us Tech fans.

Originally posted by g$$
Mack will handle it internally like he always does.
So, if he handles it, what's the issue? :thinking: :confused:

g$$
07-31-2007, 08:01 AM
I know - you just don't see it on here too much. For the most part, the only folks that give a crap are us Tech fans.

So, if he handles it, what's the issue? :thinking: :confused:

If handling it means kicking people off the team, then good for him. He has been VERY reluctant to do that in the past. Usually it takes multiple transgressions as the list shows (Taylor...). 8 players since 2005 have been arrested alone, 2 DWIs in 2 months, etc. Let's see what Mack does, but I bet it stays internal & no one gets the boot.

LH Panther Mom
07-31-2007, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by g$$
If handling it means kicking people off the team, then good for him. He has been VERY reluctant to do that in the past. Usually it takes multiple transgressions as the list shows (Taylor...). 8 players since 2005 have been arrested alone, 2 DWIs in 2 months, etc. Let's see what Mack does, but I bet it stays internal & no one gets the boot.
I'm aware of all the arrests.....they keep being brought up time and time again. Plus, I subscribe to the American-Statesman and generally read about them there first. I figure Kindle has bigger things to worry about than whether or not he has a place on the team - like, oh, I don't know......maybe how his legal problems are going to play out?

Maybe the "mom" in me tends to not want to ground my kid for life because they screw up once, so I tend to not worry so much about how a coach handles his players screw ups, depending upon the situation. In the grand scheme of things, how Mack Brown handles them or not doesn't affect me one bit. ;)

g$$
07-31-2007, 08:14 AM
I'm aware of all the arrests.....they keep being brought up time and time again. Plus, I subscribe to the American-Statesman and generally read about them there first. I figure Kindle has bigger things to worry about than whether or not he has a place on the team - like, oh, I don't know......maybe how his legal problems are going to play out?

Maybe the "mom" in me tends to not want to ground my kid for life because they screw up once, so I tend to not worry so much about how a coach handles his players screw ups, depending upon the situation. In the grand scheme of things, how Mack Brown handles them or not doesn't affect me one bit. ;)

Very true, but how he handles it may affect Texas' record this year. Kindle among others is a stud LB & athlete. Good for you having your priorities in order, seriously. But we all know just how big football is in our state & how rabid fans can be too. :)

DDBooger
07-31-2007, 08:17 AM
just google college football and arrests. its prevalance is no where near just a problem at UT...as 3afan says,

Originally posted by 3afan
Texas is no different than any other 'big time" football program ..... i think i saw a few ivy league teams lol

if you are gonna compare Roger Goodell to UT's handling of problems perhaps a more objective view of the whole matter instead of an "axe to grind" perspective would be best...COLLEGE FOOTBALL has some cleaning up to do! t

G$$ do you believe after 1 non-violent offense a player should be thrown off the team?

g$$
07-31-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
just google college football and arrests. its prevalance is no where near just a problem at UT...as 3afan says,
i think i saw a few ivy league teams lol

if you are gonna compare Roger Goodell to UT's handling of problems perhaps a more objective view of the whole matter instead of an "axe to grind" perspective would be best...COLLEGE FOOTBALL has some cleaning up to do! t

G$$ do you believe after 1 non-violent offense a player should be thrown off the team?

I said in the 1st post that it happens everywhere. I am not naive. Not my 1st rodeo either.

There is a pattern here though. Just look at the #s recently. No axe to grind so don't shoot the messenger. If & when A&M screws up, as we have, I expect swift & decisive punishment. Fran kicked off numerous players his 1st year. And, I am not a Fran guy either but I applaud him for that.

Thrown off team? Not after 1 offense, but sometimes you have to make a statement. The time would be now to clean it up. These kids obviously feel bullet-proof. Suspension at the least to show this type of behavior will not be tolerated. Happens again, kicked off team.

DDBooger
07-31-2007, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by g$$

Thrown off team? Not after 1 offense, but sometimes you have to make a statement. The time would be now to clean it up. These kids obviously feel bullet-proof. Suspension at the least to show this type of behavior will not be tolerated. Happens again, kicked off team. i can live with that...but making a statement shouldn't toss away one young mans life in order to make a point. CONSISTENCY as with child raising is key.

Not shooting the messenger, but as a messenger, you sure do more than just deliver the mail! lmao ;) but i hear ya, i too hate the larger than life attitude. Some just dont understand the privalage to represent this Great state.

g$$
07-31-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
i can live with that...but making a statement shouldn't toss away one young mans life in order to make a point. CONSISTENCY as with child raising is key.

Not shooting the messenger, but as a messenger, you sure do more than just deliver the mail! lmao ;) but i hear ya, i too hate the larger than life attitude. Some just dont understand the privalage to represent this Great state.

Agreed, consistency is paramount. But, when it becomes a pattern & your university is constantly in the news for the wrong reasons, something needs to be done. These kids are privileged to represent fine universities & should act accordingly. Enough is enough. I have made mistakes too, & I have paid for it. I sincerely hope Mack makes a strong statement for his program, university, the Big 12, & our state.

I worked at A&M in Football when Tiki Hardeman & Dante' Hall both were kicked off the team (Tiki for grades & Dante' for insubordination). It happens & both were starters & fine players.

JasperDog94
07-31-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Harris = yes he was done & still hanging around the players; I am so sure his drug problems started after college too like Ricky Williams & Cedric Benson too! Right on, get real. I'm glad to know that you know so much about his past.

Originally posted by g$$
Joseph = off team as I said previously & just arrested again, just a great kid huh? So how exactly is Mack supposed to handle a kid like this? You bash Mack for not doing enough and then you just play it off when he actually does something. You can't have it both ways.

Originally posted by g$$
12-7 in your house, quit crying. November will be here soon. :rolleyes:

Why is it every time that someone brings up that cheap shot, Aggies get their panties in a wad and say "quit crying" or "quit whining". Last time I checked it was okay to mention those things. It was a cheap shot plain and simple. If it was handled internally, then what's the difference between Mack handling things in the same fashion?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

g$$
07-31-2007, 10:32 AM
I'm glad to know that you know so much about his past.

So how exactly is Mack supposed to handle a kid like this? You bash Mack for not doing enough and then you just play it off when he actually does something. You can't have it both ways.

:rolleyes:

Why is it every time that someone brings up that cheap shot, Aggies get their panties in a wad and say "quit crying" or "quit whining". Last time I checked it was okay to mention those things. It was a cheap shot plain and simple. If it was handled internally, then what's the difference between Mack handling things in the same fashion?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1. Harris was not in school & arrested with current players - self explanatory. It was not Aaron's 1st brush with the law either.

2. Joseph was kicked off the team but was well-known coming out of hs to have a history of criminal issues. Then he got arrested again Sat. night. Again, self explanatory, just a great kid! You handle it by not recruiting a known thug.

3. You are the one bringing up last year's game & crying about it. Bennett's hit was legal, Heard's was a cheap shot. Heard was disciplined & did not start the bowl game. Neither got arrested! That's the difference. Take the loss like a MAN.

Bandera YaYa
07-31-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Why do you care so much what Mack does? Sounds like you are the only one crying on here....are you that afraid of UT football, that you are hoping some players get kicked off the team? This is another prime example of why Aggies get picked on so much by others!! Stop bringing up the worst about UT. Concentrate on positive things about your school. Things like this only make you look bad....again and again. :rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
07-31-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Don't blame the media for reporting it...

not putting blame on the media...

as I said

this is true... g$$ can talk about UT athletics all day if it's somethin' bad

if UT comes out of your keyboard it is negative... just like when immature UT fans have "goats" and "sheep" coming out of their keyboards when discussing A&M...

Cheap-shotting a player might not be illegal outside of a football stadium, but it's not any better than driving after throwin' down a six-pack or whatever, that's why it was brought up... trust me, NO UT fan wants to talk about that game, we freakin' lost to A&M, we only bring it up when people like you bash UT for having "bad people" as athletes...

Gobbla2001
07-31-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Neither got arrested! That's the difference.

that is the biggest pile of horse crap I've read all year...

"OJ aint in prison, so it's okay to kill your wife"

gimme a freakin' break, you're all on your high horse not about arrests, but about MORALS, about THUGS and BAD GUYS... arrest or not, an asshat is an asshat...

pooch
07-31-2007, 12:49 PM
without reading any of the other posts, i apologize if i repeat anything on here, but my take....UT is highly watched, of course, being a top 10 program. But when a majority of your kids on your college team haven't been held accountable to many times in their private and school lives then stuff like this happens. I'm a player from a single parent family, didn't work while in high school really, then i go to college, microphones and media are thrust upon me and all i know how to act is stupid...it's mostly what i know. I've not been really taught to "act right", but I am cordial and well-meaning just making dumb decisions....

JHS_c/o_06'
07-31-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Don't hide from it guys...truth hurts huh? If it happens at A&M I surely hope the offenders will pay. Fran cleaned house when he got there, I will give him credit for that. The NFL is cracking down, why can't Texas?

BTW, Kellen Heard was disciplined internally & did not start the bowl game. It was a cheap shot, agreed. He was not arrested.

You know, you once 'called me out' saying that i was a stupid immature high school kid. When i am in reality, none of those things. I think that someone who reads this thread might think the same thing about you. You asked a question to which you wanted an answer. That being whether or not you think Mack is tough enough on the players. Well......you were given answers by plenty of people who think that he has done a fair consistent job when it comes to people getting arrested. But you didn't get what you wanted to hear because you are fishing for an answer. But you just HAVE to keep pushing it saying "well.....BUT THEY WERE ARRESTED......LET ME GO GET THE LIST OF WHO IT WAS WHEN IT HAPPENED AND WHAT THE OFFENSE WAS.......SEE GUYS.......SEE GUYS......THE LONGHORNS PLAYERS ARE BAD PEOPLE......LOOK AT ME TRYING TO PROVE A POINT THAT NO ONE REALLY CARES ABOUT." reminds me of the Canadians off of South Park. So there are some thugs on the team. Guilty. I don't know what else you want us to say. Maybe Mack needs to go live with each of his recruits for a week to see how they really are before he gives them a scholarship. As to why they keep messing up. When i played football for Jasper.......back when we were winnging games....in fact it was the year that we went to state. The coaches were tough strict and to be honest some of them scared the hell out of us. People were disciplined for messing up inside the program and were punished 10 fold for messing up outside of the program which alot of times resulted in removal from the program. But that didn't stop people from going out....partying and driving and getting arrested. Why.....who knows. It happens.....people make bad choices. 12 people making bad decisions over year or so....its a problem. But it gets delt with every time.......these are individual people making mistakes outside of the program. At least they don't start brawls in the middle of DKR. Why don't you just tell us what you think should be done instead of trying to fish it out of us and being super annoying while doing it. Use that degree from that superior university and formulate a fool proof plan so you can single handedly save the longhorn program from delinquency and thuggery.

Dude.......grow up. I bet as soon as you saw that the guy got arrested on fox news or espn or whatever. You're first thoughts were " I HAVE TO GO MAKE A THREAD ABOUT THIS ON THE DOWNLOW!". Thats all you ever do. How about that story with the Longhorn players and the make a wish foundation for that kid. Oh....thats positive....you don't need anything like that in your life.

As for the 12-7 in your house comment.......congratulations. November will be here soon enough......because it has almost been a year. I quit "crying" the day after the game......now you get over it......half a year later.

*drops drum stick in from of g$$ as if it were the drumline movie*

JR2004
07-31-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm not real sure what the point of this topic is other than to see how many posts one person can make in as short a time as possible that make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

JasperDog94
07-31-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Take the loss like a MAN. Again, here you go. Not once did I say anything about Texas losing or A&M winning. I'm talking about something that was against the rules. That's all. You're the one that took it as something else.:rolleyes:

JasperDog94
07-31-2007, 02:34 PM
Cheap-shotting a player might not be illegal outside of a football stadium, but it's not any better than driving after throwin' down a six-pack or whatever, that's why it was brought up... trust me, NO UT fan wants to talk about that game, we freakin' lost to A&M, we only bring it up when people like you bash UT for having "bad people" as athletes... Exactly.

JasperDog94
07-31-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
You know, you once 'called me out' saying that i was a stupid immature high school kid. When i am in reality, none of those things. I think that someone who reads this thread might think the same thing about you. You asked a question to which you wanted an answer. That being whether or not you think Mack is tough enough on the players. Well......you were given answers by plenty of people who think that he has done a fair consistent job when it comes to people getting arrested. But you didn't get what you wanted to hear because you are fishing for an answer. But you just HAVE to keep pushing it saying "well.....BUT THEY WERE ARRESTED......LET ME GO GET THE LIST OF WHO IT WAS WHEN IT HAPPENED AND WHAT THE OFFENSE WAS.......SEE GUYS.......SEE GUYS......THE LONGHORNS PLAYERS ARE BAD PEOPLE......LOOK AT ME TRYING TO PROVE A POINT THAT NO ONE REALLY CARES ABOUT." reminds me of the Canadians off of South Park. So there are some thugs on the team. Guilty. I don't know what else you want us to say. Maybe Mack needs to go live with each of his recruits for a week to see how they really are before he gives them a scholarship. As to why they keep messing up. When i played football for Jasper.......back when we were winnging games....in fact it was the year that we went to state. The coaches were tough strict and to be honest some of them scared the hell out of us. People were disciplined for messing up inside the program and were punished 10 fold for messing up outside of the program which alot of times resulted in removal from the program. But that didn't stop people from going out....partying and driving and getting arrested. Why.....who knows. It happens.....people make bad choices. 12 people making bad decisions over year or so....its a problem. But it gets delt with every time.......these are individual people making mistakes outside of the program. At least they don't start brawls in the middle of DKR. Why don't you just tell us what you think should be done instead of trying to fish it out of us and being super annoying while doing it. Use that degree from that superior university and formulate a fool proof plan so you can single handedly save the longhorn program from delinquency and thuggery.

Dude.......grow up. I bet as soon as you saw that the guy got arrested on fox news or espn or whatever. You're first thoughts were " I HAVE TO GO MAKE A THREAD ABOUT THIS ON THE DOWNLOW!". Thats all you ever do. How about that story with the Longhorn players and the make a wish foundation for that kid. Oh....thats positive....you don't need anything like that in your life.

As for the 12-7 in your house comment.......congratulations. November will be here soon enough......because it has almost been a year. I quit "crying" the day after the game......now you get over it......half a year later.

*drops drum stick in from of g$$ as if it were the drumline movie* All I can say is....WOW!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Phil C
07-31-2007, 03:02 PM
I HARDLY THINK IT'S FAIR TO CONDEMN A PLAYER BECAUSE OF ONE LITTLE SLIP UP.

:mad:

KTJ
07-31-2007, 03:55 PM
This thread is a prime example of why I don't post on this board anymore.

Ho hum...

Spin control? You bring it up and then you tell us "let's see how you spin this one". So aren't you the one stirring up crap?

Take the loss like a MAN.

Pot, meet kettle.

Agreed, consistency is paramount. But, when it becomes a pattern & your university is constantly in the news for the wrong reasons, something needs to be done. These kids are privileged to represent fine universities & should act accordingly. Enough is enough. I have made mistakes too, & I have paid for it. I sincerely hope Mack makes a strong statement for his program, university, the Big 12, & our state.

You act as if they make mistakes and UT just looks the other way. Mack deals with these issues and the punishment fits the crime. What about that haven't you comprehended? You make it sound as if these kids do something wrong and UT just looks the other way.

texas is turning into miami if you get my drift

^^^ That's probably one of the dumbest posts ever made in the history of this board.

Or you hear about it more.....

Bingo bango.

If the shoe fits, wear it. I didn't make this stuff up did I? When you are Texas or any high profile program, it comes with the territory. Deal with it or leave.

So you're telling us A&M isn't a high profile program? (We already know the answer to that.)

Did you create a thread when the OU punishment went down? What about when Bomar was caught drinking at a Hornets game? Did you create a new thread for that?

^^

After this reply, I would have thought this thread would be locked up. That's your answer right there.

Yes, that happened 5 years ago near Kyle Field & that kid was kicked off the team...don't be afraid to live in the past. Try again..

So once again, I ask...what's the point of this thread? The time frame doesn't matter. Something bad happened within the team. It was taken care of. You're now answering your own question with this reply.

Who's hiding from what? Tell me what we're hiding from?

Yeah, that one game you won in Austin.
:rolleyes: Whoo. Hoo. Congrats to you. Let's all bow down to the mighty Aggies of Texas A&M because they won 12-7 in Austin. Wow. We shouldn't even be on the same field together. Clearly, it should never be Texas that's mentioned with the top dawgs of college football. It's obvious, with that one win, that Texas A&M needs to be king of everything. Nevermind they were 0-6 against UT since 1999 and 2-8 since 1996. Ooooohhhh, no. 12-7. I better keep my mouth shut. That National Championship will keep me quiet for a while. Rant over.

Should I go on? Just like I said, SPIN CONTROL.

No one has spun anything. You, on the other hand, knew what you were doing when you started this thread. You didn't want to discuss anything. You wanted to diss UT yet again. So I guess, technically, you spun us.

Is that what you think is the appropriate punishment?

If Two-Guns McGee went out and got a DWI tonight, you want Fran to kick him off the team? If Lane went out and got a DWI tonight, you want him kicked off the team?

AND--would Fran kick them off? Holy Jesus Christ, no way he wouldn't. You and everyone else knows that.

I said in the 1st post that it happens everywhere. I am not naive. Not my 1st rodeo either.

There is a pattern here though. Just look at the #s recently. No axe to grind so don't shoot the messenger. If & when A&M screws up, as we have, I expect swift & decisive punishment. Fran kicked off numerous players his 1st year. And, I am not a Fran guy either but I applaud him for that.

Thrown off team? Not after 1 offense, but sometimes you have to make a statement. The time would be now to clean it up. These kids obviously feel bullet-proof. Suspension at the least to show this type of behavior will not be tolerated. Happens again, kicked off team.

You're implying that Mack always looks the other way on these things. He hasn't and he won't. Why get the idea that the players can just do whatever they want? Where has that happened in the Texas program? Has not each player been dealt with appropriately?

Pardon me if my replies seem harsh, but they should be taken that way. As another poster said in the reply--what is the freaking point of this thread if all you're going to do is bash The University of Texas and it's athletic department? Why do it? And the semi-disclaimer that you're not bashing UT, Mack Brown, or it's players is lame. You know exactly what you're doing.

You won the game. Good for you. UT isn't focused on making excuses of how we lost the game. We know how. Instead, we go back and focus on how to win the National Championship next year...not solely put our season on beating one team then bringing it up every chance we get, making fun of a player getting carted off, and making new shirts, sigs, and screennames for message boards. To me, that's the difference in the two programs. Always has and always will be.

I can't stop you $$$ from making posts about whatever you want. But I'm sure others will agree with me when I say the "lets make a post about UT and their athletic program and how A&M is more holier than thou" posts are really, really, really getting old.

If you want to talk football, I'm with you. And you know that.

There are some great games coming up...Texas vs TCU, A&M vs Miami, Baylor vs TCU. Why not start threads about that instead of what you choose to?

JR2004
07-31-2007, 07:22 PM
All I can say is....WOW!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WOW is right... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And to KTJ's post...I think you broke it down about as well as anyone possibly could.

Gobbla2001
07-31-2007, 07:23 PM
I might have to change my position on this topic so that I'm not agreeing with KTA because we can't have that :mad: