PDA

View Full Version : Worst/Best Field to Play on.

Eradicator
10-08-2003, 10:24 AM
I know this one has been done before, but considering all the rain the last few weeks, I've seen some crappy fields and a few that surprisingly held up pretty well. In addition, please keep it to natural turf. Artificial could be a completely different argument by itself.
BEST - Mineral Wells has always had a nice field wet or dry.
WORST - Venus (wet or dry) Fire ant mounts all over the field! Hate to be a lineman in that game.

<small>[ October 08, 2003, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Eradicator ]</small>

KKB
10-08-2003, 10:29 AM
Best: Old Godley field especially in the rain!!

Eradicator
10-08-2003, 10:32 AM
Make sure you take your snorkle and fins.

olddawggreen
10-08-2003, 08:20 PM
I cant say which is the worst field to play on now but when I was playing in the late 60's, we played Plfugerville and it was the worst I have ever seen. It was covered with stickers, every time you went down you came up covered with them and on top of that some of their guys were playing barefoot. I kid you not those were some of the toughest guys I ever met on the field and they beat the snot out of us both years we played them.

CRHSeagle
10-08-2003, 09:38 PM
Venus has some terrible grass or turf or whatever that stuff is. The old Godley field isnt that bad. Since everyone in Fort Worth ISD shares stadiums, Id have to say Farrington Field is a nice one to play at. Especially since you have to walk down that long tunnel to get to the field before the game.

slpybear the bullfan
10-08-2003, 09:56 PM
Boyd or Pilot Point would be the worst. Bridgeport, believe it or not had great turf.

Best... hmmm.. I would have to say Vernon.

3afan2K3
10-08-2003, 09:57 PM
Best that i have played on- Burleson
Worst- Dallas Christian

<small>[ October 08, 2003, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>