PDA

View Full Version : Jim Cantore in Bluntzer,TX

Bull Butter
07-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Jim Cantore, aka the "Storm Stud" from The Weather Channel was broadcasting live earlier this evening from a flooded street near the Nueces River. While he was on the air, he managed to mis-pronounce "Nueces" and "Wesley Seale Dam".

It was good to see the Coastal Bend get some National coverage, I was told this morning, Good Morning America showed flooding footage from Agua Dulce........and I missed it!:mad:

charlesrixey
07-27-2007, 09:31 PM
i'm not sure that seeing my area on the national news would be so great if it was only because of natural disasters in the area!:eek:

;)

Maroon87
07-27-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i'm not sure that seeing my area on the national news would be so great if it was only because of natural disasters in the area!:eek:

;)

Hey...it's the Coastal Bend. It's our claim to fame.;)

CalallenWildcat
07-27-2007, 09:49 PM
During the first round of flooding, I saw Orange Grove on the local news in Naples, Italy.

maroogreen
07-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Okay, I kind of understand mispronouncing Nueces if you aren't familiar with it, but how can you mispronounce Wesley Seale Dam? Can't you just sound it out?

On a totally unrelated..and yet related..note, when I was in high school, we hung out at the WS dam every weekend, played hide and seek in the wooded area at the bottom, walked along the concrete barrier below the floodway, sat around and shot the bull. Amazing that none of us ever got hurt and even more amazing, no one every once stopped us.

Maroon87
07-27-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by maroogreen
On a totally unrelated..and yet related..note, when I was in high school, we hung out at the WS dam every weekend, played hide and seek in the wooded area at the bottom, walked along the concrete barrier below the floodway, sat around and shot the bull. Amazing that none of us ever got hurt and even more amazing, no one every once stopped us.

These days someone would get sued for that. :rolleyes:

charlesrixey
07-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Hey...it's the Coastal Bend. It's our claim to fame.;)

ya'll have other stuff

.......just can't think of anything off-hand!

Maroon87
07-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
ya'll have other stuff

.......just can't think of anything off-hand!

I can...Farrah Fawcett and Eva Longoria.

sahen
07-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Jim is one person taht i would not want anywhere close to my town, he never goes anywhere where something good happens....

Maroon87
07-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by sahen
Jim is one person taht i would not want anywhere close to my town, he never goes anywhere where something good happens....

We've gotta get Bull Butter to tell the story about him at S. Padre a few years back...going out on the beach to do his live report then going back in the hotel bar to pound gin & tonics.:D

CalallenWildcat
07-27-2007, 11:17 PM
I remember him being in Kingsville for Hurricane Bret...he was complaining on TV because that was "as close as we can get to the storm in this desolate & remote part of Texas"

Shortly after the report, a tornado ripped through the town of Sarita, and he wasn't complaining about the lack of action anymore!

lostaussie
07-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I can...Farrah Fawcett and Eva Longoria. i would say them ain't bad................i remember this poster of Farrah I had........well nevermind:doh: