PDA

View Full Version : District 24-3A

mac77
07-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Checking out the schedules on the Downlow website. I don't think anyone will be undefeated going into district. Some may well be O-fer. Sweeny and Needville have the best shot at being 3-0 but may just wind up 2-1 going in. Thoughts from anyone?

gato 76
07-27-2007, 11:54 PM
I still like Wharton chances on taking the district,they have lots of people coming back even though they lost ansley the new coach will make the changes that will fit the talent he has,may not see that much of a spread offense, he will take what the defense will give him..

fireman1
07-28-2007, 01:09 AM
Umm well I would like to see Wharton take the D-championship but the odds are kinda against us but i do think Wharton will make the playoffs and either Needville or Sweeny will take the "D" title so my playoffs predictions are:
1. Needville/Sweeny
3. Wharton

gato 76
07-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Raider Red 2000 will the defense change with the new coach?I was just wondering if he might run something like a split 6 something like what he ran at El Campo.

rancher
07-28-2007, 08:10 PM
The messiah will have Sealy 3-0 when district play starts. The tigers will upset a down Bellville team at Sealy. They will then beat a weak LaGrange and a so so Rice Cons. Then watch out in district as all the bigs games are on the tiger turf.

scotty
07-29-2007, 03:47 PM
The Rancher’s drift makes me wonder if he isn’t actually a Bellville fan using reverse psychology to fire up Sealy’s first opponent, Bellville. Sealy is a team that won only two games last season and he is predicting the Tigers to go into district play 3-0 against three very good teams. Sealy’s turnaround won’t come that fast.

rancher
07-29-2007, 08:37 PM
Scotty, take a look and a good honest eval. of the teams. All 3 will be down this year. They lost to a lot of key players that must be replaced. Take it to the Austin County Bank, Sealy will be 3-0 going into district play.

gato 76
07-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Scotty, take a look and a good honest eval. of the teams. All 3 will be down this year. They lost to a lot of key players that must be replaced. Take it to the Austin County Bank, Sealy will be 3-0 going into district play.

Wharton has alot of starters coming back,they lost ansley & jamail but this coach will use what he has they may not have to air it up so much this year,but if they do they will be alright.I know Needville & Sweeny will be good but it would be foolish to overlook Van Sant Wharton Tigers..

tigerpride_08
07-29-2007, 10:26 PM
i really doubt Sealy will make a run for the DC...and i have a hard time believing they'll be undefeated going into district...the "messiah" won't make that big of a impact his first season there...

KL3
07-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Sealy is no doubt catching Bellville at the right time. Bellville is going to need quite a few of the sophomores to step up and be ready to contribute. But they are very talented, maybe the most talented group ever to come through. Totally dominated opponents the last few years. I'm not even sure if Trahan or Conley is going to be getting the majority of the QB snaps.

fireman1
07-30-2007, 11:19 AM
I dont think the "messiah" is going to make that big of an impact on Sealy this year imean it is Sealy who wasnt that great last year

scotty
07-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Sealy is going to have to rely on just about the same number of underclassmen as Bellville will to fill its starting lineup. And those Bellville underclassmen have been able to dominate Sealy for several years. With that alone, I just have to see Bellville having the advantage. I believe Sealy will be better because there is more fire and participation than in past summers and the kids that are coming are a bit bigger and stronger than the ones the past few seasons. I also think that Coach Mitchell is a fine coach and will have the talent to make Sealy better, but it will take time.

fireman1
07-30-2007, 04:21 PM
I think Sealy will below .500 this year again

pirate4state
07-30-2007, 04:26 PM
The messiah will have Sealy 3-0 when district play starts. The tigers will upset a down Bellville team at Sealy. They will then beat a weak LaGrange and a so so Rice Cons. Then watch out in district as all the bigs games are on the tiger turf.

Why do you keep referring to Mitchell as "the messiah" :thinking: :thinking:

fireman1
07-30-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Why do you keep referring to Mitchell as "the messiah" :thinking: :thinking:

thats the same thing I was thinkin

rancher
07-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Jimmy Mitchell has been a winner everywhere he has been. He is bringing back the football program at Sealy from the dead. All know that the past three years the Sealy football tradition has been in the grave and since TJ Mills left, it was on life support then finally died under Falden. Look at the program now, more players that anytime since Mills. The messiah has made it know that he will do what ever it takes to keep everyone elig. that has been a big problem in the past. Sealy will be above .500 and will be 3-0 going into district play. Take it to the Austin County Bank, Sealy will be in the playoffs. Take a look at the schedule and see how many of the tough games are at Tiger Stadium. I hope you remember Scotty that the last time Bellville played at Sealy, they barely escaped with a last minute win. They will go down this time. Bellville has no QB threat.

rancher
07-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Jimmy Mitchell has been a winner everywhere he has been. He is bringing back the football program at Sealy from the dead. All know that the past three years the Sealy football tradition has been in the grave and since TJ Mills left, it was on life support then finally died under Falden. Look at the program now, more players that anytime since Mills. The messiah has made it know that he will do what ever it takes to keep everyone elig. that has been a big problem in the past. Sealy will be above .500 and will be 3-0 going into district play. Take it to the Austin County Bank, Sealy will be in the playoffs. Take a look at the schedule and see how many of the tough games are at Tiger Stadium. I hope you remember Scotty that the last time Bellville played at Sealy, they barely escaped with a last minute win. They will go down this time. Bellville has no QB threat.

tigerpride_08
07-30-2007, 05:32 PM
i think someone just likes to see themselves type....i will say they will be 2-1 or even 1-2 going into district...September 28th starts district and the "battle of the Tigers" will take place at Sealy...and with all this talk, it just makes me want to win even more...;)

Bull19
07-30-2007, 07:15 PM

:clap: :clap:

fireman1
07-30-2007, 11:29 PM

I just dont see it happening maybe next year they will be over .500 but thats just me and "The Messiah" can only do so much to try and keep everyone eligable unless he goes in and changes the grade himself :thinking:

themsu97
07-31-2007, 05:56 AM
Mitchell is good... but it will not happen in one year... not the district title... they may compete for that 3rd playoff spot this year but that will be about it... now the following year... that will be more realistic...

scotty
08-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Anyone who watched the High School All-Star game must have been impressed with Sweeny's Tank Carder. If I recall correctly wasn't there some debate on here if he actually was a Division I porspect. It looked to me that he was the best player on the field. Big tush-hog type guy, always around the football and a vicious hitter. Bet TCU is mighty proud after watching him last night.
Any of you folks know anything about this Aaron Buckley from Palacios. Must be a stud as he's already signed on with A&M. Is the junior linebacker Buckley his brother? With two big old linebackers like that and a five-team district maybe the Sharks can make it to the playoffs. It has been a long time and I hope they make it.

KL3
08-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Yes, Aaron Buckley is one of 2 LB's committed to A&M right now. The other is Kyle Mangan from Brenham. Buckley measured in at 6'0" 220 lbs. There was a lot of talk of OU really liking him also, right before he committed to A&M.

And yes, his brother will be a jr. this year and I believe he is already bigger than his brother. More of a FB prospect though.

tigerpride_08
08-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Yes, Aaron Buckley is one of 2 LB's committed to A&M right now. The other is Kyle Mangan from Brenham. Buckley measured in at 6'0" 220 lbs. There was a lot of talk of OU really liking him also, right before he committed to A&M.

And yes, his brother will be a jr. this year and I believe he is already bigger than his brother. More of a FB prospect though.

the younger brother is bigger yes...i would always see them at the powerlifting meets...both pretty big kids...