PDA

View Full Version : WHY do you root for the College you do?

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Off of which school you root for, I ask WHY do you root for them?

Is it a certain game, moment, you went to the school..Love to hear the reasons

3afan
07-27-2007, 01:05 PM
'cause I'm an alumnus !!!

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/ncaaf/teams/1/80x60/sst.gif

SFA (http://sfajacks.cstv.com/)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Off of which school you root for, I ask WHY do you root for them?

Is it a certain game, moment, you went to the school..Love to hear the reasons

I play football for the school that I go to, so naturally...

Phil C
07-27-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

naturally. :) :clap:

Greenwood Teach
07-27-2007, 01:39 PM
My money goes to Tech... along with my son.

sahen
07-27-2007, 02:39 PM
I am a Baylor alumni

crzyjournalist03
07-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Because Texas rules and A&M sucks! one frickin win and they think they're world champions....

hehehe

(ok, so I actually root for UNT because I'm an alumnus, and I like Texas because my grandfather who introduced me to sports, lived in Austin and followed the Longhorns).

TMer25
07-27-2007, 03:00 PM
I am a Texas alumni

CalallenWildcat
07-27-2007, 03:05 PM
current SMU student

pooch
07-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

me too!

Love the Horns since my mom pretty much bombarded me with Longhorn stuff growing up (she went there as well as one of my bro's)...i'm doingk the same with my little'uns....

DU_stud04
07-27-2007, 04:31 PM
dad is a HUGE horns fan. my brother grew up watching football and really got "hooked" on the aggies somehow. i picked up my love for a&m from him.

mistanice
07-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Because i'm a Harvard alumnus.

lostaussie
07-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Because Texas rules and A&M sucks! Obnoxious UT fans is why i root for the Aggies. That and i have always loved the underdog.

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Obnoxious UT fans is why i root for the Aggies. That and i have always loved the underdog.

Ok I have to admit that made me laugh..EVERY winning school has obnoxious fans, so not sure why UTs stands out above A&Ms

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Alumni of Sam Houston State -- I will be at the SHSU & Oklahoma State game this year in Stillwater. Proudly supporting my Kats!

maroogreen
07-27-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm a Red Raider, so I support them.

A wonderful former student and another who I consider a son play for TAMU, so I find I have no choice but to root for them.

What do I do when Tech and A&M play? Cheer for Tech all the time and cheer for A&M whenever one of my boys is on the field (and especially does something well).

charlesrixey
07-27-2007, 07:44 PM
i went to UT-Dallas, but more than that i have liked the longhorns since i was a kid

wildstangs
07-27-2007, 07:47 PM
UT - Been a fan since I was a kid.
ACU - Did 3 semesters of lockdown at ACU.
HSU - Will be an HSU alumni in a few weeks.
Texas State - My old lady will be graduating from their program in a couple of months.

Tx Challenge
07-27-2007, 07:49 PM

Same here, only long time ago!!!!! Pull for the Air Force because of son playing there

lostaussie
07-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Ok I have to admit that made me laugh..EVERY winning school has obnoxious fans, so not sure why UTs stands out above A&Ms i guess cause UT's fans pissed me off first...................I'll bite my tongue from here on out.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-27-2007, 10:39 PM
i guess cause UT's fans pissed me off first...................I'll bite my tongue from here on out.

You mean t.u., ;).

Just kidding. :p

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2007, 10:41 PM
i guess cause UT's fans pissed me off first...................I'll bite my tongue from here on out.

Please dont, I was just curious why

lostaussie
07-27-2007, 10:44 PM
You mean t.u., ;).

Just kidding. :p no I don't call names. i know they can't stand it and i know some like to ag it on. just not me. I have been an aggie fan ever since i was a child. don't really know why and at this point don't care................gig em' aggies!!!!!!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-27-2007, 10:48 PM
no I don't call names. i know they can't stand it and i know some like to ag it on. just not me. I have been an aggie fan ever since i was a child. don't really know why and at this point don't care................gig em' aggies!!!!!!!

Me either. I make fun of every school though, even A&M. If I think it's funny then I won't hesitate to point it out, but there are some things that cross the line. I call it UT, know a guy who plays for UT, and graduated high school with a girl who is a UT cheerleader, and one of my best friends is a Longhorn, and another one of my friends is going to be one starting in the spring (transfer student). All three of my older brothers are Longhorn fans, and at my brother's wedding a few weeks ago they dedicated "The Eyes of Texas" to me and threw their Horns up.

lostaussie
07-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Me either. I make fun of every school though, even A&M. If I think it's funny then I won't hesitate to point it out, but there are some things that cross the line. I call it UT, know a guy who plays for UT, and graduated high school with a girl who is a UT cheerleader, and one of my best friends is a Longhorn, and another one of my friends is going to be one starting in the spring (transfer student). All three of my older brothers are Longhorn fans, and at my brother's wedding a few weeks ago they dedicated "The Eyes of Texas" to me and threw their Horns up. if it is a college education it is all good. i cheer for mine and don't downtroad theirs. lots of great schools. i just have a favorite ,that's all.

burnet44
07-27-2007, 11:37 PM
North Texas-my money goes there starting today-paid tuition today-ouch

Angelo State-2 time Grad. Bach. and Masters

Texas-Got a few hours from UT-Tyler-that dont really count since it aint Austin-and they win more than anyone else-and Ive worked with the UIL so much Ive been there a lot. and they are TEXAS which is our state-no one else is

District303aPastPlayer
07-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Notre Dame... just grew up on Notre Dame football on NBC...

piratebg
07-29-2007, 06:02 PM
UT- My mother and her family are from Austin and big Horns fans. My aunt and uncle used to run a UT mail center on campus.

Texas A&M- My uncle(dads youngest brother) went to school there for several years before transferring back home.

I cheer the other school because I love all Texas football period. :)

Matthew328
07-29-2007, 06:13 PM
TCU: I am from Ft. Worth and my college UTA doesn't have a football team and TCU is the closest school!

Maryland: I was born there and my dad was always a huge Terps fan

Trinity Valley: yeah its JUCO but I am still a Cardinal!

RMAC
07-29-2007, 11:14 PM
Tech Student and lord willing a future alumnus. I can live with being the red-headed step child of the Big XII. I'm sure it's been on here before, but if you read the Voorn project website, you'll see what I think is hilarious about the stereotypes of the schools here in Texas.

kof96
08-28-2007, 08:19 PM
oklahoma sooners #1

rockdale80
08-28-2007, 08:59 PM
I pull for all texas teams. Not a one of them I dont like. Lived in austin and college station. I honestly liked College station more. But for as long as my brother is playing for the ags...lets gig em. ;) Family always comes first.

luvhoops34
08-28-2007, 09:05 PM
I pull for Texas teams because I'm from Texas. :D

Fal44
08-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I pull for Texas teams because I'm from Texas. :D

I agree.

UT happens to be my favorite team, cause I have been been watching them since I was 9 or so. all the other texas teams fall into a huge tie for second place.

NDFootball
08-28-2007, 10:45 PM
The way I started rooting for the Irish is kind of different. I absolutely hated football up until Junior High and I randomly picked up a copy of NCAA Football 2002 for PS2. Don't ask me why b/c to this day I still don't know why I bought a football game when I hated football. So anyways I was browsing through the teams when I came across Notre Dame and chose to play as them because of their unusual mascot name...and the rest they say is history I liked them so much on a game I decided to watch them for real and became a giant Irish fan...they also got me started playing football. Well anyways that's my story

KTJ
08-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Alumni (B.A. '05) from The University of Texas

Also, been a UT fan since the exit into civilization. (Yeah, that exit. :D)

WTF-82
08-29-2007, 12:07 AM
In my family everyone roots for Notre Dame I started to love them when I was very young 8 love the Tradition Rockne the program most National championships then any program out there all our younger brothers and cousins started on ND also.
I tease my family with Notre Dame is family I have one nephew my sisters kid who likes The Longhorns which is his dads team so I bout him a pink Texas jersey for Christmas last year
I am not a catholic but I love what this school represents.

Touchdown Jesus

g$$
08-29-2007, 01:31 AM
Texas A&M graduate, 1994

Applied to 2 schools after juco baseball career ended, accepted to both Texas & Texas A&M. A&M was the place for me even though most of my family graduated from or currently attends Texas. Loved every minute of it & made many life-long friends in College Station. Enjoyed the laid back atmosphere, genuine people, & conservative nature of university. Worked in Football Operations after graduation too at A&M under RC Slocum for a few years.

Good times & Gig 'em...

(I actually root for all Texas schools most of the time too, including Texas vs. USC in 2005)

3afan
08-29-2007, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by 3afan

I also root for Texas schools ...... like U. of Texas 'cause I grew up near Austin ... follow Tarleton, UT-Dallas & UT-Tyler 'cause various kids attended ....... also follow Concordia-Austin 'cause I played baseball there my freshman year

Stats
08-29-2007, 09:03 AM
UT Grad
BBA-'07

Bearkat
08-29-2007, 09:24 AM
SHSU Bearkat class of 2001. Eat 'em up KATS!!!

Stats
08-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Correction:

Should read UT Grad BBA - '70 ( I was there during the 30 game win streak. It was a great time). I'm a lot older than I look and don"t type too well.
Except for one day a year, most of my best friends are Aggies.

Sweetwater Red
08-29-2007, 10:06 AM
The University of Michigan...because I was born in Ann Arbor.:D

lion75
08-29-2007, 02:31 PM
Daughter and $ go to TCU. Besides they are a top 25 team on every poll.

Old Tiger
08-29-2007, 02:37 PM
grandpa was a horn....was being recruited for baseball back in his day but didn't have the grades to go.

dad is a horn

mom is an aggie

gotta go with the horns

g$$
08-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
grandpa was a horn....was being recruited for baseball back in his day but didn't have the grades to go.

dad is a horn

mom is an aggie

gotta go with the horns

Wow, & I thought my family had issues on Thanksgiving!

Gig 'em Ags!

Old Tiger
08-29-2007, 05:08 PM
ya...i usually just tell her to shut up...and then she will strike me violently.

g$$
08-29-2007, 05:11 PM
ya...i usually just tell her to shut up...and then she will strike me violently.

So last year when A&M won in Austin was not one of your better days right? J/K

Tell your Mom way to go! This year at Kyle should be fun too.

Old Tiger
08-29-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by g$$
So last year when A&M won in Austin was not one of your better days right? J/K

Tell your Mom way to go! This year at Kyle should be fun too. lol...no i just had a black eye for 3 days :(

g$$
08-29-2007, 05:15 PM
lol...no i just had a black eye for 3 days :(

Mom must be tough lady...like her even better.

Cameron Crazy
08-29-2007, 05:38 PM
THEM BLUE DEVILS!!!

Ingleside Fan
08-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
naturally. :) :clap:

Who is on first?
:D

sicem74
08-29-2007, 06:47 PM
u of h