PDA

View Full Version : Fed EX problem

Antec
07-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Shipped my computer to a friend that built it in Minnesota to do some upgrade etc

It arrived damged and messed up

Took out $1,000 insurance claim

now Fed Ex says it was not shipped properly as far as packing.

They refuse to fork over the insurance money

Was shipped out of Wharton Radio Shack which is Fed ex agent

They are responsible since they were the shipper

They say they cant do much-since its conflicing information

So now im up a creek and may have to pay my computer guy the money to get it fixed

When he got it- tower case was bent and cover and mother board and cpu

luvhoops34
07-26-2007, 01:21 PM
damm, what did they do to it? Drop it out of a plane?:(

piratebg
07-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Thats "messed up". I'd be so freakin pissed. Threaten legal action and see if it changes their minds.

Thanks for the heads-up luvhoops...I completely missed it!!

~RM

Adidas410s
07-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Somebody is liable for the product. What I would recommend doing...if you have a friend that is an attorney...have them write up a letter notifying both Fed Ex and the local distributor of your intent to file suit if the issue is not resolved promptly. Those letters can go a long way.

Also, in the letter...I would ask FedEx for verifiable proof that it was a packing issue. If the package wasn't packed properly then they won't pick it up. I've had that happen on multiple occassions where I have had to re-pack or re-tape something to fit their parameters.

luvhoops34
07-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Thats messed up. I'd be so freakin pissed. Threaten legal action and see if it changes their minds.

Watch it, you'll get a nasty pm about your terminology and your post will get edited. On second thought, probably not.

Ranger Mom
07-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Watch it, you'll get a nasty pm about your terminology and your post will get edited. On second thought, probably not.

Until this post I had no idea what that even meant...once I googled it, then I did!

Thanks, it's people like you that make our job so much easier!!:D

jason
07-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Until this post I had no idea what that even meant...once I googled it, then I did!

Thanks, it's people like you that make our job so much easier!!:D nm ill get banned if i say the acronym that 66 didnt know until somebody told him

luvhoops34
07-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Thanks, it's people like you that make our job so much easier!!:D

Hey I had to google it too! :D

Ranger Mom
07-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by jason
nm ill get banned if i say the acronym that 66 didnt know until somebody told him

LOL!! That was funny!! It was also before the particular "rule" was set in place!!:D

Ranger Mom
07-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Hey I had to google it too! :D

For some reason, I remember a cartoon elephant being named that when I was little.

That was immediately what I thought of when I read it, so it made the post confusing to me then.

:p

44INAROW
07-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by jason
nm ill get banned if i say the acronym that 66 didnt know until somebody told him

I'd still be in the dark about a certain acronym a long time ago, but Jason took pity on me and PM'd me......... lol............

rangerjoe33
07-26-2007, 02:17 PM
Typically if you do not ship a computer in the original box that it came in and it gets damaged they will claim no fault. If you ship without original packaging at least use the foam injection that wraps around the piece of equipment. I agree that the shipping agent should be responsible "IF" they are the ones who boxed it up for you.

My $0.02

rangerjim
07-26-2007, 02:20 PM
Elephants name was Babar. Close but not quite the other. The other was used quite a bit in Saving Private Ryan if you've ever seen that. Sorry about your computer Antec

Ranger Mom
07-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim
Elephants name was Babar. Close but not quite the other. The other was used quite a bit in Saving Private Ryan if you've ever seen that. Sorry about your computer Antec

Babar!! That's it!!!

I saw Saving Private Ryan but started tuning out the "F" bomb after the first 5 minutes or so!!:p

rangerjim
07-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Funny how I can remember Babar the elephant from 30 years ago but constantly need help with my kids names?????????? Maybe I chewed on too many paint chips while I was reading Babar as a kid.

piratebg
07-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Whoops. Didn't realize that would be a problem. Sorry. :)