PDA

View Full Version : Baylor Grad in A UT Shirt On EA SPORTS

burnet44
07-26-2007, 11:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-OqpNUX8Fs

UPDATE: Lee Jennings Is A Baylor Bear
by HornsFan Tue Jul 24, 2007 at 06:41:46 PM EDT

Of all the WTH moments I've experienced since I started this blog, this has to rank right up there at the top. Lee Jennings, the "Texas fan" at the end of the Texas NCAA 2008 commercial is an LA-based actor who graduated from Baylor University. His name? Toby Meuli.

We didn't believe this at first, either, but BearMeat confirmed this via email with the actor, while digging up both his Baylor theater page and IMDB profile.

Meuli emailed the BearMeat editors:

In Baylor-Baptist fashion, I must openly confess that it is me in the Texas EA Sports commercial. Putting on that burnt orange shirt after spending four years despising the Horns has been my greatest acting challenge to date. Here's to the day when I can do an EA Sports commercial for Baylor Football. Sic'em.
Also, you'll like this, Matt Leinart shot his EA commercial the same day I did and we shared a dressing room. He was an incredibly nice guy and we swapped some losing-to-Texas stories; I think he hates them more than I do.

Confirmations abound: A Baylor grad is "Lee Jennings" and Matt Leinart's still wearing panties about the Rose Bowl.

Emerson1
07-26-2007, 11:27 AM
I figured they would of pulled vince in to have him doing something for Legend Mode, it could of played nice since he should of won the heisman

Adidas410s
07-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
He was an incredibly nice guy and we swapped some losing-to-Texas stories; I think he hates them more than I do.
At least Matt's stories involved his team actually being favored vs Texas AND having a lead late in the game against Texas with a chance to beat them.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I figured they would of pulled vince in to have him doing something for Legend Mode, it could of played nice since he should of won the heisman

How many votes said otherwise? Reggie Bush was the rightful winner, you and I both know that.

Keith7
07-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
How many votes said otherwise? Reggie Bush was the rightful winner, you and I both know that.

that is true.. Reggie Bush had a better overall season.. now if you are talking about the MVP of the rose bowl, I'd go with Young, but Bush deserved the Heisman.. and maybe if it weren't for a couple of bad calls against USC he deserved the National Championship too

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
that is true.. Reggie Bush had a better overall season.. now if you are talking about the MVP of the rose bowl, I'd go with Young, but Bush deserved the Heisman.. and maybe if it weren't for a couple of bad calls against USC he deserved the National Championship too

I can think of one play and one missed call, but it's over and done with. You're right, there is no doubt that Vince Young had the best performance in the Rose Bowl, but look at what Reggie Bush did to teams throughout the course of the year. That man is something else on the football field....

rockdale80
07-26-2007, 12:58 PM
I can think of one play and one missed call, but it's over and done with. You're right, there is no doubt that Vince Young had the best performance in the Rose Bowl, but look at what Reggie Bush did to teams throughout the course of the year. That man is something else on the football field....

So is Vince Young, and look what Vince did. Who stopped him?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
So is Vince Young, and look what Vince did. Who stopped him?

Well, the people who cast the votes that matter saw the same thing that I did, and not just by a little, but in an overwhelming fashion. Reggie Bush was the better player in college and in the NFL, and that's my opinion and you're not going to change it.

Emerson1
07-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Well, the people who cast the votes that matter saw the same thing that I did, and not just by a little, but in an overwhelming fashion. Reggie Bush was the better player in college and in the NFL, and that's my opinion and you're not going to change it.
Or if they swapped teams, VY is automatically the best player in nation that year.

Reggie Bush had the highlight plays that ESPN drooled over, that's why he won. Lendale White was the best back on that team, he singly handily kept them in the rosebowl.

Adidas410s
07-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Lendale White was the best back on that team
statements like this are beyond me!!! :rolleyes:

Keith7
07-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Or if they swapped teams, VY is automatically the best player in nation that year.

Reggie Bush had the highlight plays that ESPN drooled over, that's why he won. Lendale White was the best back on that team, he singly handily kept them in the rosebowl.

thats b.s. Reggie Bush was the best player in the nation that year.. he could do it all Run, Catch, and Return.. and plus on top of that he had not just one highlight film play, but many, sometimes 3 or 4 a game.. Bush might not have had the best Rose bowl game, but with out him USC prolly wouldn't have been in the Rose bowl to begin with.. That being said Bush won the heisman for the right reason, he was the best college football player that season.. Do I think Vince would have won it almost any other year? yes of course, but he didn't, that sucks for him.. oh well get over it..

Adidas410s
07-26-2007, 01:50 PM
thats b.s. Reggie Bush was the best player in the nation that year.. he could do it all Run, Catch, and Return.. and plus on top of that he had not just one highlight film play, but many, sometimes 3 or 4 a game.. Bush might not have had the best Rose bowl game, but with out him USC prolly wouldn't have been in the Rose bowl to begin with.. That being said Bush won the heisman for the right reason, he was the best college football player that season.. Do I think Vince would have won it almost any other year? yes of course, but he didn't, that sucks for him.. oh well get over it..

Bush had pretty decent #'s that game. 13 carries for 82 yards plus a TD and 6 receptions for 95 yards. That's 9.3 yds/touch. By comparison Vince Young only had 7.9 yards/touch (9.5yds/touch if you don't count his 10 incomplete passes).

Emerson1
07-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Bush had pretty decent #'s that game. 13 carries for 82 yards plus a TD and 6 receptions for 95 yards. That's 9.3 yds/touch. By comparison Vince Young only had 7.9 yards/touch (9.5yds/touch if you don't count his 10 incomplete passes).
Anyone can look at stats and think, "Oh, Bush had a pretty decent game". But if you watched the game you knew he didn't, he had the 1 long TD run and 20 gimmie yards at the end of the game.

Keith7
07-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Anyone can look at stats and think, "Oh, Bush had a pretty decent game". But if you watched the game you knew he didn't, he had the 1 long TD run and 20 gimmie yards at the end of the game.

I thought USC was had a chance until the end of the game.. how could you consider those 20 yards "gimmie" yards.. and I guess people should ignore his recieving yards too?

Emerson1
07-26-2007, 03:19 PM
I thought USC was had a chance until the end of the game.. how could you consider those 20 yards "gimmie" yards.. and I guess people should ignore his recieving yards too?
Because the closest Texas defender was 35 yards back defending the deep ball.

sahen
07-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
At least Matt's stories involved his team actually being favored vs Texas AND having a lead late in the game against Texas with a chance to beat them.

depends, the guy in the commercial looks old enough to have been going to baylor around the last time they beat Texas in 97 or 98, cant remember which....

KTA
07-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Reggie Bush was the rightful winner, you and I both know that.

Are you serious? Reggie Bush played almost the entire game the whole season. Of course his stats are going to be better, Vince was pulled at the start of the 3rd quarter most of the games he played!

STATS

Vince Young Reggie Bush
SCORING 75 - 114
PASSING Rating 163.95
PASSING Yards 3036
Completion Pct 65.2
Completions 212
Passing TD's 26
RUSHING Yards 1050 - 1740
Attempts 155 - 200
Average 6.8 - 8.7
Rushing TD's 12 16

Stats were provided by
ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/statistics?stat=index&year=2005&group=80)

burnet44
07-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Best stat?

Who won the game?

EOD

Emerson1
07-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Bush only averaged like 8 yards a return on punts and had I think 1 touchdown which ESPN showed over and over to make it look like he was a big returning threat. Without his one long run he averages 5 yards a return on punts, and under 20 on kickoffs.

Keith7
07-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Bush only averaged like 8 yards a return on punts and had I think 1 touchdown which ESPN showed over and over to make it look like he was a big returning threat. Without his one long run he averages 5 yards a return on punts, and under 20 on kickoffs.

he averaged 9.9 yards per return his senior year.. but even more impressive was his 8.9 yard per carry average on offense

KTA
07-26-2007, 05:00 PM
but even more impressive was his 8.9 yard per carry average on offense

Vince Young had 6.8 yards per carry...not bad for a QB who had to THROW THE BALL.

Lets look at total yards

Young 4086
Bush 1704

yes I know bush had return yards as well, but they did NOT add up to 2382 yards. And like I previously stated Vince was pulled at the start of the 3rd quarter most of the time, just imagine what his stats would of looked like if he would of played the most of the game like bush did!!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Vince Young had 6.8 yards per carry...not bad for a QB who had to THROW THE BALL.

Lets look at total yards

Young 4086
Bush 1704

yes I know bush had return yards as well, but they did NOT add up to 2382 yards. And like I previously stated Vince was pulled at the start of the 3rd quarter most of the time, just imagine what his stats would of looked like if he would of played the most of the game like bush did!!!

Yeah, and Young threw the ball too. The difference between the positions are black and white, you know that, so why did you even start this argument? One guy touches the ball every play on offense, the other never comes close to doing so...

rockdale80
07-26-2007, 07:09 PM

Dang....thats a very open approach to things. Good thing noone can ever change my brothers mind. Too bad for him I have been trying to convince him that girls are better than boys. Come on flamer. You are just a UT hater all of the sudden. The team you grew up supporting. And before you chose ATM, you would talk mad crap about how good he was. RB and QB...apples and oranges. Heisman or NC championship...I know what I would choose.

rockdale80
07-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Yeah, and Young threw the ball too. The difference between the positions are black and white, you know that, so why did you even start this argument? One guy touches the ball every play on offense, the other never comes close to doing so...

On top of the fact that VY led his team to a NC title. I would say that is a hell of an impressive season. Undefeated and champs. Dang.....