PDA

View Full Version : Miami Northwestern brings back championship coach

KTA
07-26-2007, 12:03 AM
The Miami (Fla.) Northwestern football team, which was ranked the nation's No. 1 team by RISE to start the summer, named Billy Rolle as its new head coach on July 20.

Rolle takes over for Roland Smith, who was let go along with the rest of the varsity coaching staff on July 11 by Miami-Dade Schools Superintendent Rudy Crew following a sex scandal involving former All-State running back Antwain Easterling.

Easterling, who's now at Southern Mississippi, was charged with lewd and lascivious battery involving a 14-year old girl just a few days before last year's Class 6A state final. Easterling was supposed to be suspended for 10 days based on School Board rules, but he was allowed to participate in the game, which Northwestern won, 34-14, over Lake Brantley (Altamonte Springs, Fla.).

Rolle stepped down as Miami (Fla.) Central head coach to take the job at Northwestern, a school he had previously coached and led to a state title in 1998. He also led Miami (Fla.) Killian to a state crown in 2004.

Northwestern will play Southlake (Texas) Carroll, which was ranked No. 2 nationally by RISE, in a game that will be nationally televised on ESPNU on Sept. 15.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/highschool/07/23/miami.coach/index.html

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-26-2007, 12:12 AM
Wait, what kind of sex scandal?

KTA
07-26-2007, 12:31 AM
Easterling, who's now at Southern Mississippi, was charged with lewd and lascivious battery involving a 14-year old girl just a few days before last year's Class 6A state final. Easterling was supposed to be suspended for 10 days based on School Board rules, but he was allowed to participate in the game, which Northwestern won, 34-14, over Lake Brantley (Altamonte Springs, Fla.). :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by KTA
:D

Maybe I should just start reading things more thoroughly?

KTA
07-26-2007, 12:39 AM
well I figured I would smile at you rather then say "hey its right there in front of you dumb butt":p

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-26-2007, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by KTA
well I figured I would smile at you rather then say "hey its right there in front of you dumb butt":p

You're a better man than me, because that's what I would have done, haha.

kaorder1999
07-26-2007, 12:45 AM
for some reason i didnt catch it either...