PDA

View Full Version : Tower to go dark at UT for a few days....

kaorder1999
07-25-2007, 10:33 PM
They said on the news just now that the campus is infested by crickets so they think if they tirn the lights off at the tower for a few days less crickets would be attracted....interesting!

Emerson1
07-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the play-by-play of channel 8 news.

kaorder1999
07-25-2007, 10:34 PM
saw it on 4, i was watching 8 until after the ring story but I cant stand Dale Hansen

Phil C
07-25-2007, 10:43 PM
With all the scandals going on in sports lately it could also symbolize mourning. :(

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-25-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
With all the scandals going on in sports lately it could also symbolize morning. :(

I thought that morning was symbolized by darkness and the sun coming up? Hmm....;) :p

Phil C
07-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I thought that morning was symbolized by darkness and the sun coming up? Hmm....;) :p

Thank you Big! I was able to edit it in time. :)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-25-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Thank you Big! I was able to edit it in time. :)

Just teasing you, Phil. Your spelling is usually impeccable, so I couldn't resist giving you a hard time about it. ;)

Fal44
07-25-2007, 10:56 PM
impeccable

lol thats an awesome word :)

g$$
07-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
They said on the news just now that the campus is infested by crickets so they think if they tirn the lights off at the tower for a few days less crickets would be attracted....interesting!

Are Ricky Williams impersonators & hippies now called "crickets"? Just kidding guys...

Phil C
07-26-2007, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Are Ricky Williams impersonators & hippies now called "crickets"? Just kidding guys...

:D

BTEXDAD
07-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

I didn't change my office in Brenham to get away from crickets, but i have second floor office now so i don't notice them.
However, for about 10 years was on street level downtown brenham. I guess it was about this time every year that crickets swarmed and hundreds seemed to die right in front of our door. Had to sweep them out into street twice daily. Rumor was that Brenham was built over an old cricket burial ground and crickets came back once a year to die.
I didn't realize the burial ground extended to Austin.