PDA

View Full Version : can anyone how hideous pathetic and un-poised the mavericks are?

Jimbotex40
05-02-2003, 11:39 PM
They deserve to lose after these 3 inexcusable games. All 3 of the losses show fans and other teams something they lack.

Game 4: lack of finishing off what they start
Game 5: lack of poise and clutch ability
Game 6: lack of heart

What will it be in Game 7?
...I am guessing lack of confidence

What are you all's guesses?

PPHSfan
05-02-2003, 11:46 PM
I know it has happened..but I wonder how many times a team has won the first 3 games only to lose four in a row.

Jimbotex40
05-02-2003, 11:52 PM
The answer to your question,PPHS fan, is zero.

No team has ever come back to win a best of seven series after losing the first three games...well, except this one time way back in 2003, the Portland Trailblazers did this to the Dallas Mavericks.

Then again, that is just my psychic powers at their best.

Showtime33
05-03-2003, 12:29 AM
Bottom line is the Mavs have no killer instinct. The Mavs finesse team and that does not win in the playoffs. Bottom line, Lakers will 4-peat. No one has an answer for Kobe and Shaq.

big daddy russ
05-03-2003, 02:45 AM
The bottom line is that the Mavs' "franchise player" is the single most overrated player in the NBA. Dirk Nowitzki is unstoppable on offense and has the most versatile offensive game in the league, but he can't play defense for crap. He's only half a player.

And they were actually considering this guy for MVP!

I remember at the beginning of the season, ESPN and several other sports websites actually had a debate going on about who was the better player: Kevin Garnett or Nowitzki... I couldn't believe they'd even consider a question like this! Just ask yourself... if Dallas had Garnett and Minny had Nowitzki, how long would the Mavs' series with Portland have lasted and would the Wolves honestly be the fourth-ranked team in the West? I think the T-Wolves would be lucky to be in the playoffs... they'd be about the caliber team that Houston or Seattle has...

Phil C
05-03-2003, 05:06 PM
I think the Mavs will come back and win game 7. Anyway it has happened before that a team was down 3 - 0 in the NBA championship and game back to win win it. I think it was the 1968 Boston Celtics that came back from 3 - 0 and beat Wilt Chamberlain and the Philadelphia 76ers but I am not sure of the year.

Showtime33
05-03-2003, 08:09 PM
No team in NBA history has came back from down 3-0 to win a series.

jason
05-03-2003, 09:46 PM
true...it has never happened in the nba, i think maybe 3 or 4 times in the nhl, and maybe a few times in mlb, but never in the nba....i hope this isnt the first...

where ya been jimbo ???

rholl
05-05-2003, 09:43 AM
I think that it might be time to partially blo-up the "big 3" I think Finley goes...maybe paired with LaFrenz...also Bradley goes....I don't know why Nelson is so high on him.....he has to be the worst deficency they have!!!! Then turn that around and bring in a wide body to replace Bradley and go get another guard to replace Finley.

Phil C
05-05-2003, 10:18 AM
Oh Ye of little faith! :)

jason
05-05-2003, 10:38 AM
bradley or LaFrenz are stayin in Big D, their contracts are so outrageously big nobody wants to pick them up....they need to trade Finley for somebody who can clog the paint, but in the nba you can rarely trade small for big...

Showtime33
05-05-2003, 05:15 PM
The Mavs might have blew their chance to trade Fin. If he continues to play like he has, I really dont know what you could get in a trade for him. The Mavs could try and bring Alonzo Mourning in here if Mourning will accept a smaller contract but his best days are behind him. I wish there was a way that they could get Elton Brand in here. I think he would fit in good and would be a solid inside player.

Jimbotex40
05-05-2003, 09:14 PM
very true showtime33

big daddy russ
05-06-2003, 11:02 AM
Good point, Showtime. They could even keep LaFrentz in the middle if they get Brand. Brand would be a great guy to throw at a physical post. As for LaFrentz, he's a great shotblocker, just isn't physical at all. If he has another guy to take the load off (a la Antonio McDyess) he can run around in the paint, sag off his man, and block shots.

Matthew328
05-07-2003, 09:17 AM
The Mavs are totally overmatched against the Kings...if you ask me Nash not Finely is the player you could trade and get the most value for....you trade Finely you won't get much back....BUT trading Nash could get a quality big man...also PG is the one position where there is depth as Van Exel (who by the way is one of the few Mavs who is fearless) can step in and play PG...

PPHSfan
05-07-2003, 10:10 AM
Matt, if you trade Nash, who are you gonna get to pass the ball to Dirk. Or better yet, who you gonna get to talk with a funny Canadian accent? :D

Phil C
05-09-2003, 08:29 AM
Oops! Mavericks rebound to even the series at 1 - 1 as they win 132 - 110. Oh Ye of Little Faith! :)

Jimbotex40
05-09-2003, 10:14 PM
that was a freaking awesome game...i cant believe how good they played offensively
they gave up 49 points in the 2nd half

heh heh i was there at the AAC

Showtime33
05-09-2003, 11:02 PM
Word is that Webber is out for the remainder of the playoffs. You never like to see a player get hurt, but this more than helps the Mavs' chances of moving on to the Western Conference Finals. It's very possible that the Mavs can take the 2 games this weekend in Sacramento and then come back and try to close it out in Dallas on Tuesday night.

Phil C
05-11-2003, 06:30 PM
Dallas won last night 141 to 137 in overtime. They lead the series 2 - 1 now! Oh Ye of Little Faith! :)

Phil C
05-11-2003, 07:20 PM
On a serious note I agree with you Show in that it is ashame when any team loses any of it's players to injuries even though in sports it can't be helped.

crzyjournalist03
05-12-2003, 08:56 AM
Mavs get dropped last night; 2-2.

And all you people talking about who you wish the Mavs could get, why not just have Cuban pay a lottery team $5 million for their pick and get LeBron James in here? I know it wouldn't ever happen, but it would be the best move the Mavs could make, unless Kobe and Shaq start having relationship problems again.

big daddy russ
05-12-2003, 03:27 PM
crzyjournalist, that would be great but the profits that a team would make off LeBron would far exceed $5 mil... I think they should trade Dirk. With all the respect everyone in the NBA gives Nowitzki, the Mavs could get a great big man who'd actually play defense in exchange for him. If the Clippers weren't so tight with their money, you could get both Elton Brand and another player (Olowokandi or Andre Miller in a sign-and-trade?... or maybe Chris Wilcox, possibly Lamar Odom) for one good player. Their individual defense would immediately improve and all of the above mentioned players can run a quick-tempo game. Miller could even be called upon to set up a half-court offense, as he did in Cleveland. Also, with improved man-on-man defense, team defense would benefit as they could force perimeter guys to the baseline and have that true shotblocker waiting under the basket. This is where LaFrentz and Bradley could come up huge.

Showtime33
05-12-2003, 05:41 PM
I dont think I would want to trade Dirk. Dirk is the franchise player and unless you get a start player like a Shaq, Kobe, or TMac in exchange for him I would not deal him. He may be the best offensive player in the game today. Take him out of the Mavs line-up and you would see the production of the offense go way down. As far as getting James in here, yeah Big Daddy is right, there would be a good profit from that but will it help the Mavs get better on the defensive end? The Mavs problem this season has not been scoring points or getting people in the stands, their problem has been with defense and rebounding. But I just dont think getting rid of Dirk would make this a better team, I really dont see it.

Phil C
05-20-2003, 04:14 PM
Well what do you know now! The Mavs are still playing! In fact they are in the Western Conference finals and are ahead of the Spurs 1 - 0! Oh Ye Of Little Faith!!! :)

PhiI C
05-27-2003, 11:03 PM
Well what do you know now! The Spurs could have finished the Mavs off tonight with a 3 - 1 advantage and the game was in San Antonio and the Mavs were playing without their star player so a shoo in for the Spurs right? Wrong! The Mavs made the Spurs look silly the second half and the Spurs were missing wide open three pointers that a high school kid could have made. And now the Spurs only have a 3 - 2 advantage and the next game is in Dallas! Spurs have had all the breaks and Dallas is still in there! As I said before OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH!! :)

sinton66
05-27-2003, 11:29 PM
Tee Hee, aren't you always the guy wearing the SPURS cap? :D :D :D

Showtime33
05-27-2003, 11:30 PM
The Spurs have struggled putting teams away here in the playoffs. They have a hard time holding onto the lead. Dallas played a great 2nd half. Finley was the player of the game tonight as he played his best game so far in the playoffs. The Mavs zone defense really gave the Spurs trouble in the second half. Now the Mavs get to come home Thursday night and hopefully can pull the series even at 3.

Bandera YaYa
05-28-2003, 05:07 PM
Yeah, those Spurs are their own worst enemy! But I have no doubt they will take the game in Dallas and put an end to our misery!! Besides, I think Dallas played better without 'ole Dirk, don't you?? I hope he plays Thursday!

PhiI C
05-28-2003, 06:49 PM
LOL Sinton66 Shhhhhh! Actually when the Rockets, Mavs and Spurs play each other I am really neutral since they all play in Texas. I do sometimes wear the Spurs cap since everyone else is usually wearing Sinton caps so I can be found. Lately I have been wearing the blue USA cap since the Iraq war but tomorrow I may wear a Sinton cap. I brought the Spurs cap a year ago at the KMART in Portland, TX when they had a closeout sale on them at $2.00 lol which is much less than at Diamond Shamrock or even Wal-Mart. If they had any Rockets or Mavs I would have brought them but I was at the end of the sale. I will be at the baseball game tomorrow so I won't know who wins until I get home late unless someone at the games keeps us posted.

Phil C
05-30-2003, 09:29 AM
Spurs beat the Mavericks in Game 6 as John Kerr is hot with three pointers in fourth quarter. OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH!! :)

turbostud
05-30-2003, 09:33 AM
Steve Kerr

Phil C
05-30-2003, 10:07 AM
Oops! Thank you for the correction Turbo! For that you deserve a five star vote from me and I just game it. Hope it helps.

turbostud
05-30-2003, 10:27 AM
I need all help I can get. wink

turbostud
05-30-2003, 10:28 AM
5 stars back at you PhilC.