PDA

View Full Version : Rangers to Trade Texeira

CelinaCatFan
07-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Just saw on the news....

That Texas will trade Mark Texeira to the Atlanta Braves for Atlanta's top catching prospect and a starting pitcher!

dogdad
07-25-2007, 06:48 PM
that's great news
time for Texiera to be somewhere else

JR2004
07-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
Just saw on the news....

That Texas will trade Mark Texeira to the Atlanta Braves for Atlanta's top catching prospect and a starting pitcher!

Hmm...Let me guess...Saltalamacchia and JoJo Reyes possibly?

Bull Butter
07-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Probably Saltalamacchia, since I cant see them getting rid of McCann. Reyes looks to be the pitcher involved. Rangers are always in need of arms.

JR2004
07-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Probably Saltalamacchia, since I cant see them getting rid of McCann. Reyes looks to be the pitcher involved. Rangers are always in need of arms.

Those two were just my guesses since Atlanta has obviously been showcasing Saltalamacchia (say that three times fast) and more recently Reyes.

The only thing you concern yourself with when dealing with Atlanta is when they give you prospects they usually give away guys they weren't that keen on keeping in the first place. John Schuerholz is pretty much the Jerry West of MLB when it comes to trading most of the time.

Walt Jocketty (Cardinals GM) can probably vouch for getting messed over(although at the time he was gloating about the deal.)... A recent one he did (Winter 2003) involved Wainwright and some spare parts to St. Louis for JD Drew. Drew wound up having an MVP caliber year in 2004 with the Braves (6th in MVP voting) and Wainwright still hasn't been much above a league average pitcher.

Gobbla2001
07-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Saltonwaxahatchie who?