PDA

View Full Version : It didnt work for TAMU but PPU will try it.

burnet44
07-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Remember the 12th man kickoff team?
Leech is placing want ads for players

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

By Jerry Hill

Tribune-Herald assistant sports editor

SAN ANTONIO — As it turns out, there really is a method to Mike Leach’s madness.

With punter Alex Reyes gone, and highly touted freshman Jonathan LaCour from Kingwood not due in until the summer, the Texas Tech coach actually placed a want ad in the Daily Toreador, the campus newspaper.

In a scene reminiscent of the movie Invincible, where then-Philadelphia Eagles coach Dick Vermeil put out an appeal for players, more than 60 candidates showed up for an open tryout.

“With all due respect, because I’ve tried some things that I’ve failed at dismally, too, but there were some guys that didn’t belong there,” Leach said Tuesday at the Big 12 football media conference. “Let’s put it this way: There were some guys that I could have defeated. But my hat’s still off to them.”

“We did find some guys to do our drills (in the spring) and some guys that are going to hang on to see how they’ll develop,” Leach said. “Are we going to start any of them? No, but it did help us do our drills.”

they need to place ads for O Line RB and a running game

Go Nick Go

see the thread on the piggies

charlesrixey
07-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
Remember the 12th man kickoff team?

they need to place ads for O Line RB and a running game

Go Nick Go

see the thread on the piggies

if only he was here!

what a great debate starter!

burnet44
07-25-2007, 04:16 PM
naw CR
TU will beat PPU
PPU will Beat TAMU
TU beats PPU

the Corps aint figured out the Leech throw it every play for stats offense yet. The Corps cant put up enough on the PPU D to win. And PPU dont play any D. At least all of them will beat the Bears. They could be really bad this year. No QB-No running game-No Punter-No chance. I like Morris, but he better beat the weaker sisters on their schedule or they might be 2 fer.

at T-C-U cant beat the frogs at home much less in FT. Worth

Rice at home, better win this one or it will be a longer year-if the bears lose this one it might start a fire Morris avalanche

Texas_State finally a sure bet win

at Buffalo another win but Buffalo is ranked close to the bears

at the Corps-the game is very important-morris wins saves him-fran loss kills him-the corps wins to keep fran hanging on

Colorado at home-bears could win this one-hard to see the Buffs this far down

at Kansas-road game is tough on the bears they should win but its on the road

Texas-good game for the gate

at Kansas_State another road game the bears have been road kill on the road

Texas_Tech at home-PPU pads the stat sheet for Leeches "All-Americans" on paper

at Oklahoma take the JV to keep everyone healthy in case you happen to be Bowl eligiable the past week-leave the starters at home

Oklahoma_State 1. will need a win for a bowl or 2. need a win to keep Morris or 3. Morris is gone and the players are trying to look good for the next coach. and/or 4. the coaches work hard to help them on job interviews

6-6 at best no room for error for a bowl
at worst 2-10 ewwwwwwwww
prolly 4-8 with the road games

Adidas410s
07-25-2007, 04:33 PM
you forgot to mention...Texas Tech @ San Angelo would get blown away by all of these schools....

welcome to the satellite schools...