PDA

View Full Version : Midland and Dallas cheerleaders get into a fight at camp!!!

Adidas410s
07-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Dallas Skyline cheerleaders involved in scuffle

05:59 PM CDT on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

By EMILY TSAO / The Dallas Morning News
etsao@dallasnews.com

Thirty-three high school cheerleaders from Dallas and Midland were involved in a scuffle at a camp in San Marcos this week.

Texas State University police were investigating a scuffle that occurred Monday as the four-day Universal Cheerleaders Association camp was winding down.

Squads from both Dallas Skyline and Midland high schools were staying in Blanco Hall and preparing to check out about 11:30 a.m. Monday, said Mark Hendricks, a university spokesman.

The Skyline girls staying on the fifth floor began knocking on the doors of the Midland cheerleaders on the fourth floor, he said.

Some of the Midland cheerleaders came into the hall. Shouting, pushing and shoving ensued before someone called police, Mr. Hendricks said.

Eleven Midland girls and 22 Skyline girls were involved. No injuries were reported, he said.

Mr. Hendricks said the university had hosted the camp for at least 20 years previously without incident.

On Tuesday, Dallas school district spokesman Jon Dahlander acknowledged that the district was looking into the off-campus incident. “If disciplinary action is warranted, it will be taken according to the guidelines established in the student code of conduct," he said, reading from a statement.

Ed Zachary, an assistant superintendent for the Midland school district, said he had little information about the scuffle and was waiting for police to complete the investigation. Midland school administrators plan to discuss the incident with their Dallas counterparts, he said.
Dean Oblonsky, a spokesman for the cheerleaders association, said 275 cheerleaders representing 20 squads participated in the San Marcos camp. The association, based in Memphis, Tenn., did not plan to take action because it occurred at the end of camp.

“We will let the schools handle it,” he said.

District303aPastPlayer
07-25-2007, 11:45 AM
hahaha, my sister lived in Blanco last semester... it would be really funny to see all 30+ cheerleaders in one small hallway pushing and shoving..

Emerson1
07-25-2007, 11:49 AM
And it was at night to, they were in pjs

super1
07-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Does this mean that they won't get any blue ribbons this year?:D

Pmoney
07-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Who won? lol:D

piratebg
07-25-2007, 12:11 PM
I love girl fights. :D

BTEXDAD
07-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Dallas Skyline cheerleaders involved in scuffle

05:59 PM CDT on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

By EMILY TSAO / The Dallas Morning News
etsao@dallasnews.com

Thirty-three high school cheerleaders from Dallas and Midland were involved in a scuffle at a camp in San Marcos this week.

Texas State University police were investigating a scuffle that occurred Monday as the four-day Universal Cheerleaders Association camp was winding down.

Originally heading made me think this was midland and Dallas cowboy cheerleaders.

Apparently these girls were bringing it on.

Ranger Mom
07-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
Who won? lol:D

11 Midland girls VS. 22 Dallas Skyline girls......my money is on Dallas Skyline:D

zebrablue2
07-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
11 Midland girls VS. 22 Dallas Skyline girls......my money is on Dallas Skyline:D

agreed. LOL..

LH Panther Mom
07-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Isn't Skyline the school that had the track girls get arrested for shoplifting at the regional track meet? :thinking:

Pmoney
07-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
i dont know those midland girls could have known how to fight lol...but i agree lol

44INAROW
07-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Isn't Skyline the school that had the track girls get arrested for shoplifting at the regional track meet? :thinking:

ya just can't take some folks anywhere - :rolleyes:

JR2004
07-25-2007, 01:23 PM
The smart money would be on Skyline's cheerleaders winning this one handily!