PDA

View Full Version : New York City

shankbear
07-24-2007, 11:14 PM
How many have done the tourist gig to New York City??? Took my wife and some friends for a few days and it was wild. They went to Chinatown and bought a buttload of fake designer purses. What's up with that?

Opted for the no waiting at the Top of the Rock versus the 3 hour wait at the Empire State Building. The view was only from 100 feet lower. Better view of Central Park. What a bigtime place. Great pizza. Hotdogs.

pirate4state
07-24-2007, 11:38 PM
I have, I have!!! Loved it!!!

Didn't spend nearly enough time at Central Park. :( I remember the first time I went, I had won some tickets (travel agent perks) and took my brother for his 25th birthday. We stood outside of the WTC and discussed whether or not we should go in. We sat in Riverside Park, just staring at it and then thought, "nah, let's not". :( Weird.

The second time I went - it was an all girls trip. One of my best friends, her friend & my cousin. It was a BLAST!!! We had so much fun just trying to figure out the subway lines. Took the wrong train back from the Bronx and ended up in Queens and an invitation to spend an extra night in the city!! ROFL!

Enjoyed a hotdog in Greenwich Village & ate pizza at Lombardi's!! Yummy!!! :)

I encourage everyone to make a trip out to NYC at least once!!!

Gobbla2001
07-24-2007, 11:40 PM
went for spring break in '03... actually went to Deleware for the week, but went everywhere we could while we were there...

NYC was alright, stayed the night there, interesting to see all of the things that are in just about every movie there is... Went to the David Letterman Show a couple of hours before heading back to Deleware via Amtrak... Dave was out with the shingles, Elvis Costello was the guest host/band... Kim Catrell (sp?) was a guest :inlove:

but I must say I enjoyed Philly more than NYC... Philly was pretty neat... Also went to DC while we were there, DC was interesting, but I even felt more history in Philly...

Greenwood Teach
07-25-2007, 10:43 PM
My husband, son and I went at spring break. Mainly to see some shows. They were great! Only problem was coming home. All flights were cancelled due to the winter weather the day we were supposed to leave. We wound up taking Amtrak home. YUCK!