PDA

View Full Version : Orangefield Players Suspended...

Bobkat
11-01-2002, 09:14 AM
Well it looks like the rumor I heard late yesterday afternoon was true. Last night at my cousins 7th grade game(OF 32 HJ 6)I talked to one of the varsity coaches. He definetly confirmed the rumor but really couldn't talk about it. Four Orangefield starters including 1500 yard rusher Alex Sauceda have been suspended in some matter from tonights game. Of course rumors were flowing through the stands all night last night and one rumor was that they broke team rules. The other was that they skipped school on "senior Skip Day"...I really hope that's not the case. Don't know a lot about the suspension. Some people were saying that they just wouldn't start, others said that they wouldn't play at all. Guess we'll have to wait and see. This is definetly not the type of situation this young team needs to be in. With a playoff spot on the line tonight, you would think these young men would use better judgement. Props to the coaching staff for going by the book, that has to be a difficult situation for any coach.

eye of the tiger
11-01-2002, 07:39 PM
Tough break for sure. Surely the coach wouldnt be so harsh to suspend them for senior skip day. That tradition goes back in some schools almost as far back as football. Hopefully they just wont start and will see playing time. Good luck.