PDA

View Full Version : We have the worst luck with dogs....

kaorder1999
07-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Some of yall might remember back in October or so my wife and I adopted a puppy and it died not long after we got it. It was a HORRIBLE experience for my wife....

Well....this past Friday night my wife was out walkiing our dog and she found two puppies out roaming around our neighborhood. It was a puppy chihuahua and a puppy black lab. We put the lab in our back yard and put the other one at my brother in laws house down the street. Amanda went door to door that night until around 11 o clock or so and then went door to door on Saturday morning/afternoon.

Well, last night we talked about keeping the lab and we even named it. I went to PetSmart today and spent about $100 on it. Then today, 4 days later we got a phone call from the owners. Amanda was devestated!!!! We have the worst luck! We are happy they are back with the owners but it sucks that we got attached!

luvhoops34
07-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Sounds like what usually happens to me when I take in a stray. It either dies or I find the owner. But only after I've spent $$$ on shots, worming, fleas. :D

pirate4state
07-24-2007, 08:41 PM
awwwwwwww, i'm sorry Josh :(

that stinks, but maybe one day someone will repay your the favor. Did the owners at least offer to reimburse you??

kaorder1999
07-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
awwwwwwww, i'm sorry Josh :(

that stinks, but maybe one day someone will repay your the favor. Did the owners at least offer to reimburse you??

of course not....i kept receipts so I guess I can take the stuff back. I didnt get it shots I just bought a huge thing of food and a lot of other stuff like a leash, collar, flea treatment etc. I guess I will be able to get all of my money back!

CHS_CG
07-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Hey Josh.. yall do a lot with dogs...

do you trust obedience(sp) training? and do you know how much it cost?

kaorder1999
07-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Hey Josh.. yall do a lot with dogs...

do you trust obedience(sp) training? and do you know how much it cost?
Ive never used it but know people who have. I was just at Pet Smart today and they have a training program. I believe its lke an 8 week long training for $99. I think its well worth it. I dont know what something like "Man's Best Friend" costs but I heard they are pretty awesome at what they do.

kaorder1999
07-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Man's Best Friend Training (http://www.mans-best-friend.com/)

CHS_CG
07-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Ive never used it but know people who have. I was just at Pet Smart today and they have a training program. I believe its lke an 8 week long training for $99. I think its well worth it. I dont know what something like "Man's Best Friend" costs but I heard they are pretty awesome at what they do.

well shes about to get fixed and boarded for 2 weeks while we are on vacation.. so she is gunna cost us plenty to start with!

kaorder1999
07-24-2007, 10:37 PM
the link I posted is for the man's best friend in Cali but I know they are in Texas too. They run ads all the time here in Dallas.

Keith7
07-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Man's Best Friend Training (http://www.mans-best-friend.com/)

I think that link is to a mans best friend in california.. the one in texas is http://www.mansbf.com/ ....

they seem pretty confident in what they do.. I think it would be funny to teach one of our boston terriers to attack on command like they offer...

kaorder1999
07-24-2007, 10:39 PM
here is the Texas one

Man's Best Friend in Texas (http://www.mansbf.com/)

CHS_CG
07-24-2007, 10:42 PM
thanks guys!
I will certainly be checking into it! I gotta get Sadie to stop jumping all the damn time.. not to mention chewing on stuff, digging, and i gotta get her potty trained.... but the last one is kinda out the window considering she earned an "outdoor dog" status as far as my parents are concerned lol

pirate4state
07-24-2007, 10:51 PM
One of my roommates took her dog to Man's Best Friend and it was a diaster. I mean, the trainer got the dog to do everything and then when my roommate took over it was like all that stuff went out the window!!! LMAO!

kaorder1999
07-24-2007, 11:27 PM
that would be my luck!