PDA

View Full Version : This is ridiculous...

Ranger Mom
07-24-2007, 02:11 PM
This is a section of an article I just read:

PETA _ People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals _ demonstrated at Falcons’ headquarters in Flowery Branch, Ga., on Monday and did the same outside NFL offices in New York last week. At the same time, Goodell was meeting with officials from the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The league and the ASPCA are working on a program to educate players about the proper treatment of animals.

Are they saying that football players are too stupid to know how to properly take care of a pet??

IF (I am sticking with innocent until proven guilty) Michael Vick DID do this...I don't think a "program" would have made any impact!

smustangs
07-24-2007, 02:13 PM
PETA drives me up the wall all the time. they are very radical and do some stupid things

Ranger Mom
07-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
PETA drives me up the wall all the time. they are very radical and do some stupid things

Yeah......but why is "the league" working with them to put a program together???

I don't claim to have a high IQ, but I DO know that you don't purposely fight dogs...and I didn't even have to take a class to learn it.......it's just good old "common sense"!:D

Hupernikomen
07-24-2007, 02:15 PM
PETA is full of a bunch of tree huggers. I had a professor one time who said the spotted owl had more rights to live than a human because it had never done the earth any harm..

Ironically, if the PETA ever had legitimate reason for existence then the Vick cruelty would be it..IMO.

crzyjournalist03
07-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Yeah......but why is "the league" working with them to put a program together???

I don't claim to have a high IQ, but I DO know that you don't purposely fight dogs...and I didn't even have to take a class to learn it.......it's just good old "common sense"!:D

basically those courses are designed to cover the league's butt...that way IF Vick is convicted, the league doesn't take as much of a black eye because they spin it so that they say they're going to try to turn the situation into a positive by taking the opportunity to start promoting good treatment of animals.

Ranger Mom
07-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
PETA is full of a bunch of tree huggers. I had a professor one time who said the spotted owl had more rights to live than a human because it had never done the earth any harm..

Ironically, if the PETA ever had legitimate reason for existence then the Vick cruelty would be it..IMO.

I agree!! We all know how "PETA" is, but IMO, "the league" is the one that looks stupid in this instance!!

Ranger Mom
07-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
basically those courses are designed to cover the league's butt...that way IF Vick is convicted, the league doesn't take as much of a black eye because they spin it so that they say they're going to try to turn the situation into a positive by taking the opportunity to start promoting good treatment of animals.

Well....they look like bigger idiots than they already are, IMO!!!

crzyjournalist03
07-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Well....they look like bigger idiots than they already are, IMO!!!

that's because YOU are smarter than the average American.

To the average American populace, it's "Oh look, they're going to teach their players how to take care of animals...good for them!"

Bandera YaYa
07-24-2007, 02:20 PM
I agree!! We all know how "PETA" is, but IMO, "the league" is the one that looks stupid in this instance!!
From what they said, I have to agree...they are just saying something to make it look like they are addressing the "problem".:rolleyes:

Gehrig
07-24-2007, 02:53 PM
The NFL is not working with PETA, but the ASPCA.

Ranger Mom
07-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Gehrig
The NFL is not working with PETA, but the ASPCA.

PETA, ASPCA or Dr. Suess.....it doesn't really matter. Just the fact that players have to have a "program" about how to properly treat animals is what I think is ridiculous!

Maybe Planned Parenthood needs to step in and have a seminar about birth control too!!!

pirate4state
07-24-2007, 03:00 PM
PETA, ASPCA or Dr. Suess.....it doesn't really matter. Just the fact that players have to have a "program" about how to properly treat animals is what I think is ridiculous!

Maybe Planned Parenthood needs to step in and have a seminar about birth control too!!!

HAHAHA

oh my :eek: :eek:

DDBooger
07-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Maybe Planned Parenthood needs to step in and have a seminar about birth control too!!! NO, cause then the religious right will picket! lmao we want abstinent, dog loving football players! and i quote them "sh&%#$$"

pirate4state
07-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
NO, cause then the religious right will picket! lmao we want abstinent, dog loving football players! and i quote them "sh&%#$$"

:confused: :confused:

luvhoops34
07-24-2007, 03:13 PM

It's called "STUPID PEOPLE SHOULDN'T REPRODUCE". :D

JasperDog94
07-24-2007, 03:13 PM
NO, cause then the religious right will picket! lmao we want abstinent, dog loving football players! and i quote them "sh&%#$$" Huh?:confused:

DDBooger
07-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Huh?:confused: :rolleyes: nevermind; just google planned parenthood and religious right or boycott

KTA
07-24-2007, 03:30 PM
:crazy:

pirate4state
07-24-2007, 03:52 PM
:rolleyes: nevermind; just google planned parenthood and religious right or boycott i understood THAT part - I don't know what a sh@#()$&*)!& is and if you can't type it out w/o using characters maybe I don't need to know. At least not on the open forum, but you can send me a PM. :D

DDBooger
07-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
i understood THAT part - I don't know what a sh@#()$&*)!& is and if you can't type it out w/o using characters maybe I don't need to know. At least not on the open forum, but you can send me a PM. :D haha precisely "MOD" and i was told i could get in trouble for puttin them in PMs! :thinking: you trying to get rid of Boog?

pirate4state
07-24-2007, 03:55 PM
haha precisely "MOD" and i was told i could get in trouble for puttin them in PMs! :thinking: you trying to get rid of Boog? no, why would i want to? just send it - i need a laugh

Gobbla2001
07-24-2007, 05:20 PM
dear lord...

"okay, you brush the dog's coat this way, not that way... oh, and btw, it's probably not a good idea to chunk a dog down on the ground in an effort to kill it after it loses a fight... the end, here's your diploma"...

this is just silly

Bubba-Joe
07-24-2007, 06:17 PM
Don't PETA stand fer

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

????????????

JasperDog94
07-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Don't PETA stand fer

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

???????????? Yes. But do you know their slogan?

"There's room for all of God's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes."

LEROY
07-24-2007, 07:57 PM
PETA's greatest wish------------------------------------------------------------------------------------That fish could scream.----------------------------------What a bunch of morons.

Buccaneer
07-24-2007, 08:10 PM

NFL Rookie Symposium
The symposium is a four-day orientation for all drafted rookies. League personnel, expert facilitators, trained professionals, active players and former players are involved in delivering a program specially designed to give incoming players detailed information about what they may face during their NFL careers. The program provides an orientation to life in the NFL (e.g., league policies, media relations, benefits) and offers educational life skills workshops on topics ranging from substance abuse, safe-sex/HIV, domestic violence, DUI, and gambling to personal finance, associations and family issues.