PDA

View Full Version : Fran distancing himself from A&M???

Adidas410s
07-24-2007, 01:45 PM
He sure does use the word "they" a few times to talk about the Aggies.:thinking:

Fran still beaming about 't.u.' victory
Texas A&M coach Dennis Franchione and his players wanted to make clear that last year's victory over Texas was just that -- last year. This a new season, defensive end Chris Harrington said. But Franchione still understands how big the 12-7 win over Texas was for his program.

"I think any time they win an archrival game like that, I’ve jokingly said that people don’t say congratulations," Franchione said. " They say, ‘Thank you, coach.’ That’s a big game for the Aggies. They want to continue to grow and get better, just as we do as coaches and players. But that is certainly the game of the year, there’s no doubt about that."

smustangs
07-24-2007, 01:54 PM
or someon just reading too much into his statements? :nerd:

kaorder1999
07-24-2007, 01:56 PM
it is odd that he keeps saying they.

smustangs
07-24-2007, 01:57 PM
i think "they" is the alumni and administartion i dont see it being odd refering to another group of ppl as they

Ranger Mom
07-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
or someon just reading too much into his statements? :nerd:

Surely you aren't accusing ADIDAS of reading too much into ones statements!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

smustangs
07-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Surely you aren't accusing ADIDAS of reading too much into ones statements!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

haha never :D

Hupernikomen
07-24-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
i think "they" is the alumni and administartion i dont see it being odd refering to another group of ppl as they

Or the current student body.

crzyjournalist03
07-24-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
He sure does use the word "they" a few times to talk about the Aggies.:thinking:

Texas A&M coach Dennis Franchione and his players wanted to make clear that last year's victory over Texas was just that -- last year. This a new season, defensive end Chris Harrington said. But Franchione still understands how big the 12-7 win over Texas was for his program.

"I think any time they win an archrival game like that, I’ve jokingly said that people don’t say congratulations," Franchione said. " They say, ‘Thank you, coach.’ That’s a big game for the Aggies. They want to continue to grow and get better, just as we do as coaches and players. But that is certainly the game of the year, there’s no doubt about that."

at least he's not going third person like Rickey Henderson...

JR2004
07-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
at least he's not going third person like Rickey Henderson...

Personally I prefer listening to for Dodger and current Pirates manager Jim Tracy go 3rd person in an interview.

Hubie Brown's habit of going 2nd person when talking is hilarious to listen to.

Phil C
07-24-2007, 02:48 PM
What a great observer Ad is!

:) :clap:

CHS_CG
07-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
What a great observer Ad is!

:) :clap:

or something like that

smustangs
07-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
or something like that

haha

Bulldog_12
07-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

I watched the interview. The question before that was asking about the win over texas and secondly how the fans have responded.

LH Panther Mom
07-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
secondly how the fans have responded.
How dare he not know every one of their names, so he didn't have to call them THEY. :foul: :foul: :rolleyes:

charlesrixey
07-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
How dare he not know every one of their names, so he didn't have to call them THEY. :foul: :foul: :rolleyes:

what kind of world do we live in where the university coach can get away with not intimately knowing each one of his rabid fans?

i shudder at this, this further sign of the coming apocalypse!

burnet44
07-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Fran's days are numbered
THEY told me

besides all of our days are numbered huh

g$$
07-25-2007, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
Fran's days are numbered
THEY told me

besides all of our days are numbered huh

I am on record as saying such: he better win & win big this year. It is his 5th year & no more excuses. Full recruiting cycle, veteran team, veteran qb, solid OL & RBs, etc. Defense should be improved too with more speed & in 2nd year under Gary Darnell.

25-23 overall, worst loss in regular season school history (OU), 2 worst bowl losses in school history (Cal & Tennessee), 1 win vs. Texas, 1 win vs. Tech, 0 wins vs. OU & Neb, etc.

Brutal road schedule this year @ Miami, Mizzou, Tech, OU, & Neb. He either gets it done or it will be his swan song. I have heard a group of major donors in Dallas are ready to buy him out. No more excuses.

(Adidas: maybe a little too much reading into "they" buddy. He was answering a question!)

burnet44
07-25-2007, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by g$$
1 win vs. Texas, 1 win vs. Tech, 0 wins vs. OU & Neb, etc.

those guys wanna keep him
especially leech

remember its a rivialry game now with PPU

g$$
07-25-2007, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
those guys wanna keep him
especially leech

remember its a rivialry game now with PPU

Who is PPU??