PDA

View Full Version : Texas is

burnet44
07-24-2007, 01:09 PM
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/hbo/media/minorities.jpg

as posted

Emerson1
07-24-2007, 01:15 PM
I don't get why blacks are considered minorities. Are there really that many more white people then there are black people?

JasperDog94
07-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/hbo/media/minorities.jpg

as posted Ummmmm...I'm counting 4 states already, so wouldn't that make Texas the 5th state?

crzyjournalist03
07-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Ummmmm...I'm counting 4 states already, so wouldn't that make Texas the 5th state?

Not to mention that Maryland is "next in line" but shown to have a majority minority.

Hupernikomen
07-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Maybe that is the District of Columbia.

Emerson I thought blacks were less than 20% of the US population.

Johnny 5
07-24-2007, 02:08 PM
I am white, so can I use affirmative action and all the extras that minorities get?

crzyjournalist03
07-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
I am white, so can I use affirmative action and all the extras that minorities get?

what the heck does that have to do with anything???

PurpleFreddy
07-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Okay ... so why is this a big deal (and news to anyone?). Do you guys forget what America is about?
Furthermore, none of the minorities, by themselves, are anywhere near the majority.
This is definitely an issue for old, white guys who can't stand it when someone else gets a piece of what they've already had for centuries.
Meanwhile, halfway around the world, more than 3,500 Americans have died in combat. Focus on what's important.

DDBooger
07-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
what the heck does that have to do with anything??? lmao im wondering the same thing, cause i haven't gotten a handout yet! lol

crzyjournalist03
07-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
This is definitely an issue for old, white guys who can't stand it when someone else gets a piece of what they've already had for centuries.

If it's a piece of apple pie, I don't blame the old guys for not wanting to let someone else have some...apple pie is good! :)

DDBooger
07-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Okay ... so why is this a big deal (and news to anyone?). Do you guys forget what America is about?
Furthermore, none of the minorities, by themselves, are anywhere near the majority.
Meanwhile, halfway around the world, more than 3,500 Americans have died in combat. Focus on what's important. :clap: lets grab the pitchforks and ropes and get xenophobic! lmao j/k well, constitution never said only WHITE men were created equal, but it was interpreted that way for a while! glad we've gome a long way since! WE're American, Mexicans and blacks fight as hard for this country as any white man!

Johnny 5
07-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
:clap: lets grab the pitchforks and ropes and get xenophobic! lmao j/k well, constitution never said only WHITE men were created equal, but it was interpreted that way for a while! glad we've gome a long way since! WE're American, Mexicans and blacks fight as hard for this country as any white man!

If all are equal than we do away with affirmative action and Minority assistance programs?

Adidas410s
07-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Didn't this happen some time last year??? :thinking:

GreenMonster
07-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Meanwhile, halfway around the world, more than 3,500 Americans have died in combat. Focus on what's important.

Well said Fred! :clap:

Adidas410s
07-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Ummmmm...I'm counting 4 states already, so wouldn't that make Texas the 5th state?

It's Hawaii, California, New Mexio + the District of Columbia...so Texas was the 4th state! ;)

DDBooger
07-24-2007, 02:21 PM
If all are equal than we do away with affirmative action and Minority assistance programs? well as i said, im hispanic and have yet to benefit from either, so i guess its your axe to grind.

Adidas410s
Originally posted by Adidas410s

It took place August 2005

http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/population/005514.html

Phil C
LET'S BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!!

:mad:

crzyjournalist03
07-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

it could happen more than once...if this is new info, maybe Texas reached the 50.000001% minority last year, then a few people classified as minorities moved out and it fell below the bar again.

crzyjournalist03
07-24-2007, 02:28 PM
another interesting thing is that the US Census bureau sometimes considers Hispanic origins as "white", and in their 2005 data, they have the population of Texas listed as 83% white.

Johnny 5
07-24-2007, 02:32 PM
well as i said, im hispanic and have yet to benefit from either, so i guess its your axe to grind.

Not grinding . . . just against affirmative action. And you may not have recieved assistance, but alot have . . .

DDBooger
07-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Not grinding . . . just against affirmative action. And you may not have recieved assistance, but alot have . . . perhaps but on that same token anglo males on the basis of discrimination have received assistance for far longer than affirmitive action existed. I agree in today's world as the lines are blurring it may be an outdated program, but you'd be naive to believe minorities always had a fair shot!

rockdale80
07-24-2007, 03:07 PM
perhaps but on that same token anglo males on the basis of discrimination have received assistance for far longer than affirmitive action existed. I agree in today's world as the lines are blurring it may be an outdated program, but you'd be naive to believe minorities always had a fair shot!

No but if we are all equal RIGHT NOW then we should all treated equal right now. I mean the parity of people crying racism has gotten out of hand. When a white comic uses an ethnic slur its racist, mexican or black comics use ethnic slurs and its funny. All white tv...I dont think so, but BET, Black Starz, etc. I am not ranting and I am not racist. All I am saying is that the only way we are going to achieve true equality is to have true equality. Enough with the color crap. If you are against racism then be against racism that goes both ways. Affirmative action is racism that goes the other way. Seems sort of hypocritical to be against racism one way, but not be against it the other way.

DDBooger
07-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
No but if we are all equal RIGHT NOW then we should all treated equal right now. I mean the parity of people crying racism has gotten out of hand. When a white comic uses an ethnic slur its racist, mexican or black comics use ethnic slurs and its funny. All white tv...I dont think so, but BET, Black Starz, etc. I am not ranting and I am not racist. All I am saying is that the only way we are going to achieve true equality is to have true equality. Enough with the color crap. If you are against racism then be against racism that goes both ways. Affirmative action is racism that goes the other way. Seems sort of hypocritical to be against racism one way, but not be against it the other way. your preaching to people who lived under that yolk for far longer. not everyone crys it and those who do, don't speak for all of us. Broad association is ignorant to the fact that many minorities face life fairly such as myself and im sure many others on this site! just cause some whites preach supremacy doesn't mean all do, and I don't hold all anglos accountable for their statements!

DDBooger
07-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Affirmative action is racism that goes the other way. Seems sort of hypocritical to be against racism one way, but not be against it the other way. sure is! but so was discrimination, if we can systematically prove we have conquered discrimination based on race from both sides perhaps things are fair. I agree with the notion that combating a inequality with another is wrong! Some law school in the midwest did a study that suggested only in law enforcement should numbers reflect society based on those who hold us to the law should reflect those it governs. i could see their argument, lots of blacks don't trust law enforcement based on the cops being predominantly white, take that argument away and it becomes hard to substantiate

JasperDog94
07-24-2007, 03:18 PM
your preaching to people who lived under that yolk for far longer. not everyone crys it and those who do, don't speak for all of us. Broad association is ignorant to the fact that many minorities face life fairly such as myself and im sure many others on this site! just cause some whites preach supremacy doesn't mean all do, and I don't hold all anglos accountable for their statements! I didn't read RD80s statements as broad associations. He's just stating that we don't treat people equally and pointed out some examples.

DDBooger
07-24-2007, 03:27 PM
I didn't read RD80s statements as broad associations. He's just stating that we don't treat people equally and pointed out some examples. nor did i state he did! and the examples he pointed out were from one direction which I assure you there are from the other as well. RD80 means well though, im not arguing with him just enjoying the convo. I agree discrimination either way and based on color or race is stupid

JasperDog94
07-24-2007, 07:49 PM
I agree discrimination either way and based on color or race is stupid Word.:cool:

rockdale80
07-24-2007, 08:08 PM
nor did i state he did! and the examples he pointed out were from one direction which I assure you there are from the other as well. RD80 means well though, im not arguing with him just enjoying the convo. I agree discrimination either way and based on color or race is stupid

That was my point. Didnt mean anything by the examples. My main point was you cant combat racism one way with racism another. Guess I could have cited more specific examples of what I meant. And the law enforcement thing I can see. I never thought of that, and it makes sense on the surface. But then again that is based on the premise that a non-white would prefer a non-white cop. I could think of several arguments for both sides. I dont like cops....of any color. ;)

Who-dun-it!!?
07-24-2007, 09:13 PM

I agree with you for the most part, but I'm not quite a centry old just yet. As for the men and women in combat fighting for you and me, God bless them. I've been where they are and I love them all for what they do. No matter what color they are. Now is this still a 3a football site or a freakin way to stir up crap?

Who-dun-it!!?
07-24-2007, 09:21 PM
That was my point. Didnt mean anything by the examples. My main point was you cant combat racism one way with racism another. Guess I could have cited more specific examples of what I meant. And the law enforcement thing I can see. I never thought of that, and it makes sense on the surface. But then again that is based on the premise that a non-white would prefer a non-white cop. I could think of several arguments for both sides. I dont like cops....of any color. ;)

We don't like you either.:cool: