PDA

View Full Version : Liberty over COld Spring , big time.

Tackle75
10-11-2003, 12:15 AM
I remember reading earlier this year, from a man who i believe had a boy in cold spring football, and said there was no way Liberty could beat Cold Spring.

Looks like , although I dont know for sure, LIberty Whipped Cold Spring.

But I imagine someone is gonna come on and say it was alot closer than it looks. That is really a cliche' line, and no matter what, the win was big for the Panthers, maybe the mental block of BH can be overcome next week.

Backwoods
10-11-2003, 12:25 AM
You talked a lot, but no score. ???

aDpT51
10-11-2003, 12:28 AM
what was the score

BH_146
10-11-2003, 12:32 AM
The score was Liberty 27 Coldspring 0.

crunkandfocused
10-11-2003, 01:41 AM
There is no way it was a lot closer than it looked. At half time both teams went in with 0 points on the board and Liberty scored 27 in the second half. They just kept driving the ball right down the throats of Coldspring and "Emmit" Swift could not be stopped. Good game though. Can't wait til next week against the Hill.

trojandad
10-13-2003, 10:25 AM
Yea, it was me that said you guys would lose here again, I accept my lumps on it.

Don't know who said it was closer than it looked. Maybe it's your conscious speakin to ya. LOL

You guys won it fair and square, the better team this year out of four. My hats off to ya.

No comment on the game, anyone that was there saw it. Am happy we stayed as close as we did for as long as we did.

Plenty of negatives could be said but bottom line is an L, nuff said.

the-O-fence
10-13-2003, 11:48 AM
Will Coldspring be able to pull of the 3rd playoff spot in the district?

trojandad
10-13-2003, 12:51 PM
I think we're done for this year as far as playoffs go, O. Best we could do in district now is 4-3 and that's if we beat the Hill. Almost any tie breakers I can see would go against us. Just been a tough year this year. The rest is for pride.

TBrents
10-14-2003, 10:12 AM
First of all, Levi, I don't appreciate you stealing my "Emmit" Swift nick-name for Jeremy. You will pay dearly!

Haha, anyway... man... Liberty is running wild after the first half of every game. If Barbers Hill has a chance it's only in the first half, because it'll take that long for the Panthers to get warmed up.

Don't fool yourself though, Panther defense is hot all night long... just takes some time to get the passing and running game going... maybe not always the best thing but hey... who is undefeated?

Anyway, my reason for posting in this topic is to see about an update on the Cold Spring player who was taken away by ambulance. I talked to some friends who play for Liberty, but they're not real sure what happened either. Anyone have any kind of diagnosis and update you could share?

Just wondering...

-Tommy