PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Sports Memory

CelinaCatFan
07-23-2007, 08:18 PM
While watching ESPN classic, I started thinking earlier today about all the great games over the years. What is your favorite sports memory?

Mine would be the Dallas Cowboys beating the Denver Broncos in the Super Bowl (It's the first Super Bowl I remember the Cowboys playing in and made me a football fan for life!)

coiled2strike
07-23-2007, 08:35 PM
I met Pete Rose in Vegas last week

kaorder1999
07-23-2007, 08:38 PM
I interviewed Michael Jordan after a game in Dallas when he was with the wizards.

Matthew328
07-23-2007, 08:54 PM
I got to appear on a pregame show and offer analysis with kaorder....the highlight of my life

kaorder1999
07-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I got to appear on a pregame show and offer analysis with kaorder....the highlight of my life

that is what boosted your sports media career....when you are rich and famous you better remember me!

BILLYFRED0000
07-23-2007, 08:58 PM
The first time I broke into the open field for a long run and a touchdown. I was 13 and it was a 74 yarder....... woohoo.

kaorder1999
07-23-2007, 09:00 PM
my sophomore year we were playing Princeton in Princeton and I scored on a 98 yard run and then threw up for the rest of the game and never went back in. I was sick earlier in the day and the run made it worse. Horrible memory!

Matthew328
07-23-2007, 09:56 PM
I think my all time fav sports memory was the first time I dunked in a game during my freshman year in a game against Red Oak....worst sports memory was when I tried to dunk on this 6'9 kid from Cleburne my junior year and got fouled hard and hit the back of my head on the floor and got a concussion...I was completley out and had headaches nausea and dizzy spells for about 2 weeks...

luvhoops34
07-23-2007, 10:03 PM
My favorite sports memory is from the 96' 2A girls state basketball championship game. We (Poth), played the Fillies from Shallowater. They had this tiny freshman point guard, who wore knee pads. She would slide across the floor and steal or knock the ball away from our girls. In the 4th quarter, we stole the ball and one of our big girls took off down the floor with it, ms point guard, who was very fast, ran and tried to get in front of our player, and got her ass promptly run smooth over. The ref was right there, and called a very animated foul on her as she lay on the floor. BTW. that call fouled her ass out, too....:D Poth went on to win the game and the championship!:D