PDA

View Full Version : 5 Games in Three Day at Dick Bivins in Amarillo

EagleFan1997
07-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Week 0 will once again be a very busy time for Dick Bivins in Amarillo. There will be 5 great games in three days. Which 3 out of the ten teams were state semifinalist last season.

Amarillo Tascosa Rebels vs Amarillo Palo Dons

It all gets going on Thursday August 30 when Cross town rivals collide as the coach Parr & his Dons of Amarillo Palo Duro and Heath Parker & his Rebels of Amarillo Tascosa take the field.

The Dons come in after making the playoffs last year and lost to the Plainview Bulldogs (34-14) in the 4A Bi-District Round of the D1 Playoffs. They finished the season at 4-7 overall & 3-2 in District

The Rebels come in after also making the playoffs last year and lost to Abilene High (40-14) in the 5A Area Round of the D2 playoffs. They finished the season at 7-5 overall & 2-3 in District.

Last Year: Tascosa 31-27 over the Dons

My Prediction will be Tascosa by 7 over the Dons

Stratford Elks vs Levelland Lobos

Then on Friday, August 31 under the Friday Night Lights the fans will get to see Eddie Metcalf & his Stratford Elks take on 3A Levelland Lobos at 4:30pm this will be the first of two games on Friday Night

Stratford comes off of a season where they found there selfs back in the playoffs and the State Semi-Finals where they lost to Cisco (38-19) to end another great season. Where they ended the season 11-4 overall & 5-0 in District

Levelland Lobos find there selfs coming into this season. Making the playoff where they ended there run in the first round after losing to Andrews ( 37-34). They ended at 2-9 overall & 1-2 in distrct.

Last Year: Stratford beat the Lobos 56-15

My Prediction: Stratford keeps rolling and win this one by 25

Canyon Eagles vs Caprock Longhorns

Then on the same night the fans get to see another State Semi-Fianlist as Blake Bryant & his Canyon Eagles take the first game on the road to face First Year Head Coach Seth Parr & the Amarillo Caprock Longhorns.

Canyon comes off a recording breaking season as they set a school record after making it to the D1 State Semi-Finals for the first time in school History. Where they went down to the state Champions Texarkana Liberty-Eylau Leopards (36-20). Canyon finished a great season at 11-3 overall & 3-0 in district

The Longhorns of Caprock come off another bad year as first year Head Coach Seth Parr comes in tring to break the playoff drought that has not seen Caprock in the playoff for quite some time now. Caprock finished last year 0-10 overall & 0-5 in district.

Last Year: Canyon beat the Longhorns 36-0

My Prediction: Canyon by 15. I just don't see Caprock being able to turn it around that quick.

Wellington Skyrockets vs Hale Center Owls

After a busy Friday it contiues into Saturday, September 1. As the Wellington Skyrockets & the Hale Center Owls come together for a Noon Clash.

Wellington comes off a season where they did not make the playoffs. They Finished last season at 2-8 overall & 1-4 in district.

Hale Center comes off a season where they found there selfs in the 1A D2 area Finals where there season came to end at the hands of Iraan (56-0) They finished there playoff year at 7-4 overall & 5-1 in district.

Last Year: Owls pulled out a win 14-7 in a great football game. I except the same this year

My Prediction: Owls by 3

Nazareth Swifts vs Sunray Bobcats

Then one of the busies weekends for Dick Bivins comes to an end as 1A State Semi-Finalist the Nazareth Swifts take to the field against the Sunray Bobats at 4:00pm

Nazareth comes in without Head Coach Ricky Peacock. As Peacock moved on to Panhandle. The new man at the helm will take over for a program that is one of the smallest schools in 1A. But is still one of the powehouses in 1A. Nazareth found there selfs in the State Semi-Finals and lost to Windthorst (41-14) last season. They ended the season at 13-1 overall & 4-0 in district.

Sunray comes off a season where they also made a run for the State Title. As the Bobcats made it to the D1 Quarterfinals and lost to McCamey (28-14). They ended there season at 8-4 overall & 5-0 in District.

Last Year: The Swifts beat the Bobcats 28-14

My Prediction: Naz by 10

So if you like HS football and have 3 day of nothing to do make your way up to Amarillo and see some great teams & great kids play the game they love.