PDA

View Full Version : Spurs/Suns game 3

KTA
07-22-2007, 05:01 PM
here is a quote from a guy on another board

The Spurs won a pivotal game three (108-101) largely as a result of the best player on the Suns (Stoudemire) spending more than half the game on the bench because he got too many fouls from a referee that was fixing games.

JasperDog94
07-22-2007, 05:02 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

kaorder1999
07-22-2007, 05:02 PM
that is funny....was that official even working that game?

Emerson1
07-22-2007, 05:03 PM
They still lost the 2 other games he was readily available in. The suns cannot beat Tim Duncan.

luvhoops34
I knew somebody would bring this up, but I sure didn't think it would be you....:( Let the whinning about the Spurs winning the NBA championship begin.

KTA
yeah, thats the reason I posted that

luvhoops34
07-22-2007, 05:04 PM
I know it is....

what are friends for;)

JasperDog94
07-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
They still lost the 2 other games he was readily available in. The suns cannot beat Tim Duncan. But when you have two teams that are pretty close and a ref gets busted for fixing games, how can that not tick you off?

kaorder1999
07-22-2007, 05:06 PM
What I find funny is that when anyone ever says after their team loses that the game was fixed by the ref they are automatically branded an idiot. What, a ref fix a game in the NBA? Yeah right. :D

KTA
07-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Here's what I wrote after the third game -- the Spurs were favored by four, with an over/under of 200.5 -- after San Antonio prevailed, 108-101, thanks to Amare Stoudemire playing just 21 minutes because of foul trouble:

Congratulations to Greg Willard, Tim Donaghy and Eddie F. Rush for giving us the most atrociously officiated game of the playoffs so far: Game 3 of the Suns-Spurs series. Bennett Salvatore, Tom Washington and Violet Palmer must have been outraged that they weren't involved in this mess. Good golly. Most of the calls favored the Spurs, but I don't even think the refs were biased -- they were so incompetent that there was no rhyme or reason to anything that was happening. Other than the latest call in NBA history (a shooting foul for Manu Ginobili whistled three seconds after the play, when everyone was already running in the other direction), my favorite moment happened near the end, when the game was already over and they called a cheap bump on Bruce Bowen against Nash, so the cameras caught Mike D'Antoni (the most entertaining coach in the league if he's not getting calls) screaming sarcastically, "Why start now? Why bother?" What a travesty. Not since the cocaine era from 1978-1986 has the league faced a bigger ongoing issue than crappy officiating.

Before the Donaghy scandal broke, if you told me there was a compromised official working a 2007 playoff game and made me guess the game, I would have selected Game 3 of the Spurs-Suns series. There were some jaw-dropping calls throughout, specifically, the aforementioned Ginobili call and Bowen hacking Nash on a no-call drive that ABC replayed from its basket camera (leading to a technical from D'Antoni). Both times, Mike Breen felt obligated to break the unwritten code that play-by-play announcers -- don't challenge calls and openly questioned what had happened. The whole game was strange. Something seemed off about it.

At the time, I assumed the league had given us another "coincidence" where three subpar refs (and calling that crew "subpar" is being kind) were assigned to a Game 3 in which, for the interest of a long series, everyone was better off having the home team prevail ... just like I anticipated another "coincidence" in which one of the best referees would work Game 4 to give Phoenix a fair shake in a game that, statistically, they were more likely to win. After all, it's easier to win Game 4 on the road than Game 3, when the fans are pumped up and the home team is happy to be home.(Which is exactly how it played out. Steve Javie worked Game 4, a guy who Jeff Van Gundy deemed "the best ref in the league" during the Finals. Hmmmm.) Look, this could have been an elaborate series of connected flukes. I'm just telling you that none of it surprised me. Which is part of the problem.

But here's what I didn't expect: That a potentially crooked ref was working that game.

Imagine being a Suns fan right now. You just spent the past two months believing that your team got screwed by the Stoudemire/Diaw suspensions, that you would have won Game 1 if Nash didn't get hurt, that you would have taken Game 3 if you hadn't been screwed by the officials, that you would have cruised in Game 5 if two of your best guys weren't suspended for running towards their best player as he lay in a crumpled heap. Now it looks like an allegedly compromised referee worked Game 3.

Well, how much did Donaghy affect the game? How many calls did he whistle on Stoudemire? How many of Bowen's potential fouls did he not call? Was he the seemingly incompetent schmuck who made that three-seconds-too-late call on Ginobili? Did Tim Donaghy cost you that game?

If you're a diehard Suns fan, this now becomes the toughest playoff loss in NBA history. You have a legitimate case that you were screwed.

there is alot more to read at http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070722&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

KTA
07-22-2007, 05:16 PM
what are friends for

to call and harass when your drunk:p

Emerson1
07-22-2007, 05:17 PM
If Dallas didn't get screwed then neither did the suns.

luvhoops34
07-22-2007, 05:20 PM
If Dallas didn't get screwed then neither did the suns.

Dallas did get screwed.....

By themselves:D

JR2004
07-22-2007, 07:06 PM
Well the team from Scorched-earthville needed another asterisk title to even things out. Tim Donaghy has now made that dream possible!

Gobbla2001
07-22-2007, 07:19 PM
another asterisk?

that series was over in 6... it'd be different if it had been won by the Spurs in 7...

Bull Butter
07-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Well the team from Scorched-earthville needed another asterisk title to even things out. Tim Donaghy has now made that dream possible!

I knew it was only a matter of time before the king of the Spurs-haters jumped on this bandwagon.

Today is July 22
The time is 7:17 PM CDT
The Lakers got bounced in the first round
The Spurs won it all
and JR still can't accept it:tongue:

Txbroadcaster
07-22-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I knew it was only a matter of time before the king of the Spurs-haters jumped on this bandwagon.

Today is July 22
The Spurs won it all

I thought he was taking a shot at the Suns

Bull Butter
07-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I thought he was taking a shot at the Suns

No, he was taking yet another shot at the Spurs (asterisk title comment) as he has continued to do for the past several months

luvhoops34
07-22-2007, 07:31 PM

Today is July 22
The Spurs won it all

W O R D

KTA
07-22-2007, 07:36 PM
You guys are always right, there is NO POSSIBLE chance that he didnt do any of the things hes getting in trouble for....oh wait he has already admitted to it:eek:

I cant believe how narrow minded some of yall are, just bedcause your a fan of a certain team does not mean it didnt happen. I bet 3/4ths of yall havent even read that article!

Gobbla2001
07-22-2007, 07:40 PM
I don't think anyone is denying that the guy shaved points off of games... no one here is denying the fool is a crook... but that sorry SOB didn't ref all of the Spurs playoff games... the Spurs won those games... game 3 was a badly reffed game I'll agree, but why didn't the suns push it to game 7? hell, why didn't ANYONE push it to 7 against the Spurs? sure as hell aint because of one mob-rat shaving points in one game of a 7 games series (which should have gone 7 if Phoenix "shoulda" won the series)...

go write about that

JR2004
07-22-2007, 08:18 PM
No, he was taking yet another shot at the Spurs (asterisk title comment) as he has continued to do for the past several months

LOL...You think you are the only team who has fans that I do this to? This board has an over-abundance of Spurs fans so OF COURSE I'm going to heckle Spurs fans. If it was a Queens fan base on here it'd be Queens fans I'd be heckling and baiting into silly responses like the ones you see here. As long as you continue to put up these silly responses it makes it humorous to put stuff up!

ONCE AGAIN for those with mental shortcomings, there is ONE team that I hate...They reside in BOSTON and that's it!

JR2004
07-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by KTA
You guys are always right, there is NO POSSIBLE chance that he didnt do any of the things hes getting in trouble for....oh wait he has already admitted to it:eek:

I cant believe how narrow minded some of yall are, just bedcause your a fan of a certain team does not mean it didnt happen. I bet 3/4ths of yall havent even read that article!

I'd honestly be really disappointed if the Lakers won a title and later found out that the game had a dirty ref as a part of it. Although I love the Lakers, I don't want to see blatant cheating happen to help achieve the goal of winning another title in the pursuit of chasing the C's 16 titles. I'm still probably one of the few Laker fans who still has a contention with the 2002 Game Six against the Queens. There's just no way that one of those officials wasn't in on a take or told by the league office to help my guys out in the 4th quarter of that game. There's just no way there wasn't something crooked going on in that game.

kaorder1999
07-22-2007, 08:26 PM

ONCE AGAIN for those with mental shortcomings, there is ONE team that I hate...They reside in BOSTON and that's it!

whats wrong with the Red Sox?

JHS_c/o_06'
07-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Well the team from Scorched-earthville

actually, with all the rain we've been getting.....things are rather green over here.:D

JR2004
07-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
whats wrong with the Red Sox?

HAHA...Now that's actually pretty funny!

That Big Papi is such a jerk. It's so hard to root for him! :)

super1
07-22-2007, 08:55 PM
It is a serious blow to the NBA. The officials have always been accused of being bad, but NOT their is evidence that at least one of them has ties to the mob and point shaving. Who's to say that this official is the ONLY one that does? The NBA needs to take measures to protect the integrity of the game.

As far as the Spurs are concerned, of all the playoff games they played this year, only 1 (game 3-Suns) had this official working. Stoudemire did have foul trouble. (Do we know which official called the fouls? I have not seen anyone with that breakdown)

The bottom line is that the Spurs were the dominate team in the league during the playoffs and this officiating scandal does not tarnish their championship one bit.

KTA
07-22-2007, 09:21 PM
I don't think anyone is denying that the guy shaved points off of games... no one here is denying the fool is a crook... but that sorry SOB didn't ref all of the Spurs playoff games... the Spurs won those games... game 3 was a badly reffed game I'll agree, but why didn't the suns push it to game 7? hell, why didn't ANYONE push it to 7 against the Spurs? sure as hell aint because of one mob-rat shaving points in one game of a 7 games series (which should have gone 7 if Phoenix "shoulda" won the series)...

You gotta be able to win atleast 3 games for a game 7, last time I checked the suns got robbed one game (game 3). I admit the spurs are good, no doubt...but would they of won that series if the Suns would of gotten a fair shake in game 3? Nobody but god knows that answer.

So let me go ahead and jump to conclusion: "blah blah blah they would of won because they are better yada yada yada I know this is a fact because I am spurs fan"

Rebuttle: "ok thanks god"

luvhoops34
07-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by KTA
You gotta be able to win atleast 3 games for a game 7, last time I checked the suns got robbed one game (game 3). I admit the spurs are good, no doubt...but would they of won that series if the Suns would of gotten a fair shake in game 3? Nobody but god knows that answer.

So let me go ahead and jump to conclusion: "blah blah blah they would of won because they are better yada yada yada I know this is a fact because I am spurs fan"

Rebuttle: "ok thanks god"

I know you are just dying to start some chit on this subject. :D
The Spurs put away everybody they played in the playoffs, hands down. Bottom line: They WANTED to win the championship. I know all you Mavs fans and or Spurs haters want to try and put a question mark on the Spurs championship because of game three with the Suns and especially since the ref indicted was working that particular game. It just won't work. The Suns had their chance and they blew it. They had seven games to beat the Spurs. The best team won.

GO SPURS!

JR2004
07-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Oh well Scorched-Earthville can claim 2 titles. That's more than most of the franchises in this dying league can claim!

Bull Butter
07-23-2007, 12:09 AM
LOL...You think you are the only team who has fans that I do this to? This board has an over-abundance of Spurs fans so OF COURSE I'm going to heckle Spurs fans. If it was a Queens fan base on here it'd be Queens fans I'd be heckling and baiting into silly responses like the ones you see here. As long as you continue to put up these silly responses it makes it humorous to put stuff up!

What is silly about my response?

I said you continue to take shots at the Spurs, as you have for the past few months What is silly about pointing that out?

KTA
07-23-2007, 12:39 AM
Like I said only god knows, so I guess your now the self proclaimed god of the 3ADL:doh: I knew one of the spurs fan out there would do so...just didnt think it would be you.

They had seven games to beat the Spurs. The best team won.

I dont get it, how can you guys say "they had 7 games" NO THEY DIDNT!!! The Suns lost a game at home with that ref calling the game.....oh and he just HAPPENS to be getting indicted for calling bogus fouls....oh wait did I mention that the suns best player was on bench for most of the game because of foul trouble :eek: TOTAL CONCIDENCE!!!

Like I said NO BODY will ever know how that series would of went......except god himself

Gobbla2001
07-23-2007, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by KTA
oh wait did I mention that the suns best player was on bench for most of the game because of foul trouble :eek: TOTAL CONCIDENCE!!!

you failed to mention that Amare actually did commit those fouls though... none of 'em were bad calls and infact he most-likely committed more... no one says he didn't commit the fouls, everyone's saying the Spurs weren't called for enough of the fouls and I'll agree with that... the Spurs did get the better shake in that game...

what you're insinuating here is that the Spurs may not have won the series had this game been called fairly... if you can come up with that insinuation then the Suns must have been "that much better"... The Spurs won three other games besides that one, so they did their part to get to a game 7, Phoenix didn't...

I'm discussing the facts, and the fact is a great team doesn't let one game get 'em down... if they're that good, and if the Spurs got "that" lucky there should have atleast been a game 7...

why wasn't there? because the Spurs were that much better... when Horry leveled Nash you didn't see any of the Spurs run off of the bench to make sure the Suns didn't do anything to him, no, because they're the better coached team... they know they can't do that, they have coaches that could hold 'em back... the Suns couldn't control that, and the rules are the rules... and that's part of the game and part of being a team... wouldn't you say?

one bad game vs. 6 games you had another chance in? they're not that better of a team if they couldn't take it to 7...

Maroon87
07-23-2007, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by KTA

Like I said NO BODY will ever know how that series would of went......except god himself

I just checked again to make sure...Spurs 4, Suns 2. I didn't need to ask God. I just went to NBA.com...:p

DDBooger
07-23-2007, 08:02 AM
why even grace the issue with response. in the end, the only people who will care are the fans of those teams who didn't win. Personally, I don't think it would have changed anything, perhaps just delayed the inevitable. I like the spurs, but don't like basketball enough to be called a homer! Now if this issue dealt with the 'Boys, different story.

Bandera YaYa
07-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
you failed to mention that Amare actually did commit those fouls though... none of 'em were bad calls and infact he most-likely committed more... no one says he didn't commit the fouls, everyone's saying the Spurs weren't called for enough of the fouls and I'll agree with that... the Spurs did get the better shake in that game...

what you're insinuating here is that the Spurs may not have won the series had this game been called fairly... if you can come up with that insinuation then the Suns must have been "that much better"... The Spurs won three other games besides that one, so they did their part to get to a game 7, Phoenix didn't...

I'm discussing the facts, and the fact is a great team doesn't let one game get 'em down... if they're that good, and if the Spurs got "that" lucky there should have atleast been a game 7...

why wasn't there? because the Spurs were that much better... when Horry leveled Nash you didn't see any of the Spurs run off of the bench to make sure the Suns didn't do anything to him, no, because they're the better coached team... they know they can't do that, they have coaches that could hold 'em back... the Suns couldn't control that, and the rules are the rules... and that's part of the game and part of being a team... wouldn't you say?

one bad game vs. 6 games you had another chance in? they're not that better of a team if they couldn't take it to 7... :clap: :clap: :kiss: :clap:

Phil C
07-23-2007, 11:22 AM
How do we know he was fixing that game? As I recall Nash got away with a few hits also.

JasperDog94
07-23-2007, 11:38 AM
what you're insinuating here is that the Spurs may not have won the series had this game been called fairly... if you can come up with that insinuation then the Suns must have been "that much better" Let me get this straight:

1. Team A gets hosed in game 3.
2. Team B wins in 6 games.
3. Team A thinks they might have won the series if game 3 had been officiated fairly by taking it to a game 7.

How in the world does this sound like Team A thinks that they are "that much better" than Team B? All they are saying is that if it goes to a game 7 the outcome could have been totally different. That's all.

Gobbla2001
07-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Let me get this straight:

1. Team A gets hosed in game 3.
2. Team B wins in 6 games.
3. Team A thinks they might have won the series if game 3 had been officiated fairly by taking it to a game 7.

How in the world does this sound like Team A thinks that they are "that much better" than Team B? All they are saying is that if it goes to a game 7 the outcome could have been totally different. That's all.

I didn't say it sounded like Team A thinks they are that much better... I said it seems like KTA is insinuating that Team B won the series because a cheater reffed in game 3, a game which was poorly called... you have to say that's what he's insinuating, correct? meaning Phoenix would have had to be the better team... by "that" much ;) :p

hell, SA still might have won without a badly called game, we just don't know which is why this thread is pointless... it would have been different if SA would have won by 1 point in game 7 with this cheater ref... there was a possibility of four more games after that...

Bandera YaYa
07-23-2007, 12:32 PM
I didn't say it sounded like Team A thinks they are that much better... I said it seems like KTA is insinuating that Team B won the series because a cheater reffed in game 3, a game which was poorly called... you have to say that's what he's insinuating, correct? meaning Phoenix would have had to be the better team... by "that" much ;) :p

hell, SA still might have won without a badly called game, we just don't know which is why this thread is pointless... it would have been different if SA would have won by 1 point in game 7 with this cheater ref... there was a possibility of four more games after that...

Lordy, all this crying by Sun and Mav fans....not surprised at all, tho. NO ONE knows how anything would have turned out differently. If in fact this ref did cheat, the Spurs are victims of all this, just like the Suns.

JasperDog94
07-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Lordy, all this crying by Sun and Mav fans....not surprised at all, tho. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good grief. Some of you will just never get it, will you?

Bandera YaYa
07-23-2007, 12:45 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Get what?:thinking:

JasperDog94
07-23-2007, 12:45 PM
I didn't say it sounded like Team A thinks they are that much better... I said it seems like KTA is insinuating that Team B won the series because a cheater reffed in game 3, a game which was poorly called... you have to say that's what he's insinuating, correct?

No. All I read was that had the game been officiated fairly, the outcome might have been different. It might have been a different series. That's all I read into it.

JasperDog94
07-23-2007, 12:47 PM
Get what?:thinking: All I'm saying is that the series was officiated unfairly. That's it. It has nothing to do with the Spurs OR the Suns. Yet anytime somebody says anything about the officiating they get called a whiner. Even when they have a legit complaint. And if this isn't a legit complaint, I don't know what is.

DDBooger
07-23-2007, 12:49 PM
All I'm saying is that the series was officiated unfairly. That's it. the series or that game? or are you refering to the ejections?

Emerson1
07-23-2007, 12:50 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Look who it was you quoted

JasperDog94
07-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
the series or that game? or are you refering to the ejections? Specifically that one game, which effected the series, but now that you mention it the ejections as well. (I'm sure I'll get blasted for this even though Duncan and Parker came off their bench after a hard foul.)

pirate4state
07-23-2007, 12:54 PM
I don't get ANY of this??? Didn't the Spurs win this series 4-1??

Game 1: Spurs 121 Suns 114
Game 2: Spurs 111 Suns 108
Game 3: Spurs 102 Suns 92
Game 4: Suns 111 Spurs 106
Game 5: Spurs 101 Suns 105

:confused: :confused: Why are you talking about a game 7 when it didn't even go to 6??

AND

in Game 3 they won by 10 pts!!!

*please note that I did not watch any of these games* so I don't know whether or not these games were closer than the scores appear

Bandera YaYa
07-23-2007, 12:57 PM
All I'm saying is that the series was officiated unfairly. That's it. It has nothing to do with the Spurs OR the Suns. Yet anytime somebody says anything about the officiating they get called a whiner. Even when they have a legit complaint. And if this isn't a legit complaint, I don't know what is.

Officiating is subjective in every case, unfortunately. It's part of the game. It's ok to yell about the officiating, but it's not fair to blame it on the winning team. I'm just saying put the blame where it belongs.

DDBooger
07-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Specifically that one game, which effected the series, but now that you mention it the ejections as well. (I'm sure I'll get blasted for this even though Duncan and Parker came off their bench after a hard foul.) well didn't see D&P do that, but I wasn't watching so, couldn't say yes or no. perhaps that one game did make a slight difference. IMO the best team won, BUT(<--and a big BUT at that) seeing how the Mavs were ousted in the 1st round, the best team is not always guaranteed to continue. SO, perhaps it did kill some momentum, or as I said earlier, it may have only delayed the inevitable. we'll never know and unless its proven that THAT specific game was gambled on and what team, its moot. I can see the argument, just don't know why it matters to anyone! lol its over

pirate4state
07-23-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I don't get ANY of this??? Didn't the Spurs win this series 4-1??

Game 1: Spurs 121 Suns 114
Game 2: Spurs 111 Suns 108
Game 3: Spurs 102 Suns 92
Game 4: Suns 111 Spurs 106
Game 5: Spurs 101 Suns 105

:confused: :confused: Why are you talking about a game 7 when it didn't even go to 6??

AND

in Game 3 they won by 10 pts!!!

*please note that I did not watch any of these games* so I don't know whether or not these games were closer than the scores appear

HAHAHA my bad I think these are scores from the wrong year :doh: :o

carry on....

okay, here is the stuff from this year :D

Spurs vs. Suns
Round 2 - Game 1
Spurs 111, Suns 106
Spurs High Scorer: Tim Duncan (33)
In a crazy collision with a few minutes remaining the game, Tony Parker and Steve Nash bumped heads - Nash was left with a nasty gash on his nose and Parker apparently was knocked out for a couple seconds. Parker would stay in the contest, but Nash would shuffle in and out of the lineup as the Suns training staff tried to stop the bleeding. Nash finished with 31 points and eight assists, while Parker did one point better, tallying 32 points and eight assists.

Round 2 - Game 2
Suns 101, Spurs 81
Spurs High Scorer: Tim Duncan (29)
Tim Duncan had a good performance with 29 points and 11 rebounds but the rest of the Spurs struggled, shooting a combined 21-for-57 from the field. Steve Nash led the way for the Suns with 20 points and 16 assists, while Amare Stoudemire scored 21 of his 27 points in the second half to lead the Suns to victory. The series now switches to San Antonio for Games 3 and 4.

Round 2 - Game 3
Spurs 108, Suns 101
Tim Duncan tallied 33 points, 19 rebounds and three blocked shots, as the Spurs defeated the Suns 108-101 to take a 2-1 series lead. After being hit in the eye in the third period, Manu Ginobili scored 12 points in a two minute time span to finish the quarter. Ginobili ended the night with 24 points, four assists, three steals and a black eye. Game 4 is on Monday night in San Antonio.

Round 2 - Game 4
Suns 104, Spurs 98
Spurs High Scorer: Tony Parker (23)
The Suns rallied back to defeat the Spurs and even the series at 2-2. In a crazy sequence of events in the closing seconds of the game, Robert Horry fouled Steve Nash, sending him into the scorer's table. Horry was then confronted by Raja Bell and appeared to hit Bell in the face with a forearm. Horry was ejected from the game and later suspended for Games 5 and 6. Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw of the Suns were suspended for Game 5 for leaving the bench during the incident.

Round 2 - Game 5
Spurs 88, Suns 85
Spurs High Scorer: Manu Ginobili (26)
Despite being short-handed, the Phoenix Suns led by as many as 16 points in the game. However, Manu Ginobili came on strong for the Spurs, scoring 15 of his 26 points in the fourth quarter. Bruce Bowen had a clutch 3-pointer late in the contest as the Spurs went on to victory, taking a 3-2 advantage in the series.

Round 2 - Game 6
Spurs 114, Suns 106
Spurs High Scorer: Manu Ginobili (33)
The San Antonio Spurs defeated the Phoenix Suns 114-106 in Game 6 to win the series 4-2. Manu Ginobili led the way for San Antonio with 33 points and 11 rebounds. Tony Parker had 30, while Tim Duncan tallied 24 points, 13 rebounds and nine blocked shots. The Spurs advance to the Western Conference Finals where they will meet the Utah Jazz.

kaorder1999
07-23-2007, 01:01 PM
HAHAHA my bad I think these are scores from the wrong year :doh: :o

carry on....

i was wondering considering the last two games you had listed had the suns winning

Bandera YaYa
07-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Look who it was you quoted
...awwwwww....I wuv u 2!
:kiss:

pirate4state
07-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i was wondering considering the last two games you had listed had the suns winning yeah, i'm idiot mmmmmmmmmmkay, but i fixed it :p

Emerson1
07-23-2007, 01:03 PM
The suns will never beat the spurs until Tim Duncan retires. They have to hope that Dallas eliminates them to have any hope of making the finals.

DDBooger
07-23-2007, 01:05 PM
They have to hope that Dallas eliminates them to have any hope of making the finals. and that requires dallas not to implode. lots of variables! lol haven't kept up, any changes coming for the mavs this season?

Bandera YaYa
07-23-2007, 01:05 PM
The suns will never beat the spurs until Tim Duncan retires. They have to hope that Dallas eliminates them to have any hope of making the finals.

I'm thinking "5th-pete!!!!":D

LH Panther Mom
07-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Round 2 - Game 3
Spurs 108, Suns 101
After being hit in the eye in the third period, Manu Ginobili scored 12 points in a two minute time span to finish the quarter. Ginobili ended the night with 24 points, four assists, three steals and a black eye.
Maybe next season, the Suns should blacken both eyes, since one obviously didn't do it. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Bandera YaYa
07-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Maybe next season, the Suns should blacken both eyes, since one obviously didn't do it. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:
Why you little devil!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

JasperDog94
07-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Maybe next season, the Suns should blacken both eyes, since one obviously didn't do it. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: I don't think the Spurs have any room to talk when it comes to pushing the other team around (BB).

LH Panther Mom
07-23-2007, 02:16 PM
I don't think the Spurs have any room to talk when it comes to pushing the other team around (BB). :tongue: You took all my fun away. :p

Bandera YaYa
07-23-2007, 02:17 PM
:tongue: You took all my fun away. :p
yah.....now i'm really bummed......:( :p :p :p

JasperDog94
07-23-2007, 02:36 PM
:tongue: You took all my fun away. :p (as Emmerson1 might say)...did you say something?...

KTA
07-23-2007, 03:39 PM
said it seems like KTA is insinuating that Team B won the series because a cheater reffed in game 3

NO IM NOT!!!! I said if game 3 would of been called right ONLY GOD KNOWS WHAT WOULD OF HAPPEND!!! ITS QUOTED, GO BACK AND LOOK:mad:

No. All I read was that had the game been officiated fairly, the outcome might have been different. It might have been a different series. That's all I read into it.

THANK YOU JasperDog, I see atleast SOMEONE on this dang site can read!!!

KTA
07-23-2007, 03:49 PM
here I saved you the trouble!!!

I admit the spurs are good, no doubt...but would they of won that series if the Suns would of gotten a fair shake in game 3? Nobody but god knows that answer.

Notice the QUESTION MARK?????????:foul:

Gobbla2001
07-23-2007, 05:03 PM
okay, only god knows what could have happened... that'll work for me... but it didn't happen so why bring it up?

we're runnin' outta room on one hand is all I know... :D

Gobbla2001
07-23-2007, 05:22 PM
and btw....

word of the day I guess:

insinuate

I never said he said what you think I said he said (:D ), I only said I felt he was insinuating...

insinuate - to suggest or hint slyly

JasperDog94
07-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by KTA
THANK YOU JasperDog, I see atleast SOMEONE on this dang site can read!!! You're welcome.:)

LH Panther Mom
07-23-2007, 07:32 PM
(as Emmerson1 might say)...did you say something?... Sorry....the way the recap was written just struck me as funny. :p I wasn't even talking about the hits so much as what it said.

Emerson1
07-23-2007, 09:58 PM
(as Emmerson1 might say)...did you say something?...
:confused: :confused: :confused:

JasperDog94
07-23-2007, 10:25 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: I meant to quote YaYa.:doh:

Emerson1
07-23-2007, 10:28 PM
I meant to quote YaYa.:doh:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

g$$
07-24-2007, 05:32 AM
Specifically that one game, which effected the series, but now that you mention it the ejections as well. (I'm sure I'll get blasted for this even though Duncan and Parker came off their bench after a hard foul.)

Parker & Duncan sure did leave the bench area on a hard foul, something most fail to realize. How can you suspend Stoudemire & not them for the same actions just on different plays? Not fair at all. Phoenix got hosed & I didn't care who won the series.

The NBA is one small step away from becoming the WWE. It is a fading product from the league I grew up watching with Bird, Magic, Jordan, Dream, etc. Ratings are way down. Attendance during the season is down. Lots of old basketball fans simply don't care for it much anymore. The NBA is in deep trouble & this new stuff with the ref tied to the Mob surely won't help.

Phil C
07-24-2007, 08:03 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by g$$
[B]Parker & Duncan sure did leave the bench area on a hard foul, something most fail to realize. How can you suspend Stoudemire & not them for the same actions just on different plays? Not fair at all. Phoenix got hosed & I didn't care who won the series.

Rediculous! Those suspensions weren't decided by the officials at the game but by those who had access to the films and probably more camera angles to view who left the bench.

g$$
07-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
[QUOTE]Originally posted by g$$
[B]Parker & Duncan sure did leave the bench area on a hard foul, something most fail to realize. How can you suspend Stoudemire & not them for the same actions just on different plays? Not fair at all. Phoenix got hosed & I didn't care who won the series.

Rediculous! Those suspensions weren't decided by the officials at the game but by those who had access to the films and probably more camera angles to view who left the bench.

Phil, I know who hands down the suspensions & you are wrong about Duncan & Parker. Both left the bench area after a hard foul earlier in the Series, which is supposed to be an automatic suspension. In fact, ESPN even showed different camera angles of it too. The NBA said there was no "ill intent", as if they can always tell what can escalate. Like I said, I didn't care who won, honestly. Please try to be objective. The rule was applied differently with each team, albeit in different circumstances & different games. It changed the Series, but who knows how it would have turned out anyway? Put down the Spurs coffee cup & take a deep breath!

JR2004
07-24-2007, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by g$$
The NBA is one small step away from becoming the WWE.

They've already crossed that bridge.

The last two seasons are tainted. If you're an NBA fan that's pretty disheartening no matter who you root for, whether it be the lowly Hawks or a franchise that's been winning like the Mavs. I wonder how many years they might be able to trace this stuff back once the ref starts talking. There's no telling how many seasons might've been tainted by dirty officials and possibly even some players.

Phil C
07-24-2007, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Phil, I know who hands down the suspensions & you are wrong about Duncan & Parker. Both left the bench area after a hard foul earlier in the Series, which is supposed to be an automatic suspension. In fact, ESPN even showed different camera angles of it too. The NBA said there was no "ill intent", as if they can always tell what can escalate. Like I said, I didn't care who won, honestly. Please try to be objective. The rule was applied differently with each team, albeit in different circumstances & different games. It changed the Series, but who knows how it would have turned out anyway? Put down the Spurs coffee cup & take a deep breath!

What can I say? The only response I can think of is

HOW ABOUT THEM SPURS BEATING THE CAVS 4 - 0 AND WINNING THE 2007 NBA CHAMPIONSHIP!!
BEST NBA FINALS WE EVER HAD!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

g$$
07-24-2007, 08:50 AM
What can I say? The only response I can think of is

HOW ABOUT THEM SPURS BEATING THE CAVS 4 - 0 AND WINNING THE 2007 NBA CHAMPIONSHIP!!
BEST NBA FINALS WE EVER HAD!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And the 2nd worst tv ratings EVER just behind the Spurs-Nets series a few years back. You must have slept thru the glory years of Lakers-Celtics or something...

What does this mean? SA is a smaller media market & people are less interested in the NBA these days. Sad but true. I have nothing against Pop's Spurs, but what I said above is true. The rule was applied differently. Congrats to the Spurs on another title.

(My Rockets used to be good too - back to back baby in '94 & '95!)

Phil C
07-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by g$$
And the 2nd worst tv ratings EVER just behind the Spurs-Nets series a few years back. You must have slept thru the glory years of Lakers-Celtics or something...

What does this mean? SA is a smaller media market & people are less interested in the NBA these days. Sad but true. I have nothing against Pop's Spurs, but what I said above is true. The rule was applied differently. Congrats to the Spurs on another title.

(My Rockets used to be good too - back to back baby in '94 & '95!)

Too bad most folks missed out on the greatest NBA Championship we ever had!

And don't forget the great added glamour with Tony Parker and the great actress Eva Longoria getting married. :)

And not to mention King James great NBA championship debut!

g$$
07-24-2007, 09:03 AM
Too bad most folks missed out on the greatest NBA Championship we ever had!

And don't forget the great added glamour with Tony Parker and the great actress Eva Longoria getting married. :)

And not to mention King James great NBA championship debut!

OK Phil, take another deep breath. The NBA legends of yesteryear just rolled over in their graves. And I did not realize Eva Longoria made any baskets....she did get some air time no doubt. ;)

luvhoops34
07-24-2007, 10:16 AM
The best remedy for your boredom concerning the NBA is for you not to watch any games...:D JMHO

JasperDog94
07-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Phil, I know who hands down the suspensions & you are wrong about Duncan & Parker. Both left the bench area after a hard foul earlier in the Series, which is supposed to be an automatic suspension. In fact, ESPN even showed different camera angles of it too. The NBA said there was no "ill intent", as if they can always tell what can escalate. Like I said, I didn't care who won, honestly. Please try to be objective. The rule was applied differently with each team, albeit in different circumstances & different games. It changed the Series, but who knows how it would have turned out anyway? Put down the Spurs coffee cup & take a deep breath! I couldn't have said it any better myself.

luvhoops34
07-24-2007, 10:46 AM
I couldn't have said it any better myself.

You and gcents can whine about how unfair the calls, suspensions etc are in the NBA all day long. Life isn't fair, so why should the NBA be fair?? :D

JasperDog94
07-24-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
You and gcents can whine about how unfair the calls, suspensions etc are in the NBA all day long. Life isn't fair, so why should the NBA be fair?? :D Great analogy! I'll remember that next time someone robs me!;) :p :p

Gcents....I love it!:clap: :clap:

Phil C
07-24-2007, 10:59 AM
The best remedy for your boredom concerning the NBA is for you not to watch any games...:D JMHO

:eek:

KTA
07-24-2007, 03:45 PM
I couldn't have said it any better myself. :clap:

I guess folks always forget I was pulling for the Spurs when the series started....after the way the suspensions were handled I just couldnt do it

luvhoops34
07-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by KTA
:clap:

I guess folks always forget I was pulling for the Spurs when the series started....after the way the suspensions were handled I just couldnt do it

It's not the Spurs fault that this guy reffed some of their games....geez.

KTA
07-24-2007, 06:02 PM
never said it was, but I cant respect getting a win like that

charlesrixey
07-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by g$$
OK Phil, take another deep breath. The NBA legends of yesteryear just rolled over in their graves. And I did not realize Eva Longoria made any baskets....she did get some air time no doubt. ;)

Phil C said that because it is the best championship the SPURS have ever had (most dominant) not because the finals was entertaining

luvhoops34
07-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Phil C said that because it is the best championship the SPURS have ever had (most dominant) not because the finals was entertaining

The Spurs did dominate all opponents. Too bad the Eastern Conference didn't have an answer for them. I have a feeling that any of the final four teams in the West would have beaten the Cavs. They all had their chance to beat the Spurs. None did. A seven game series is NOT decided by one game.

Emerson1
07-24-2007, 08:08 PM
The Spurs did dominate all opponents. Too bad the Eastern Conference didn't have an answer for them. I have a feeling that any of the final four teams in the West would have beaten the Cavs. They all had their chance to beat the Spurs. None did. A seven game series is NOT decided by one game.
To bad the only team that could beat the mavs did.

charlesrixey
07-24-2007, 08:14 PM

yep

that was a heartbreaking series for me

g$$
07-24-2007, 11:36 PM
You and gcents can whine about how unfair the calls, suspensions etc are in the NBA all day long. Life isn't fair, so why should the NBA be fair?? :D

That's g-money to you!! I am not whining but instead stating the obvious concerning the rules & the ratings. I love all sports & watch them, but the NBA is not the same anymore. Ask anyone who has been around a while. The athletes are better, but the level of play & fundamentals are both down. Look at the Olympics & how others have caught up with us in the game we invented (Dr. James Naismith). It is sad but true. No need to get defensive about your Spurs. I said congrats to them & they deserve it. But let's also be objective about it.

BTW, the NBA has more problems with credibility, gambling, dirty refs, fixed games, perception, tv ratings, attendance, brawls in the stands, etc. anyway.

Gobbla2001
07-24-2007, 11:38 PM
the only team that could beat the mavs did.

or the only one that got a chance?

luvhoops34
07-24-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by g$$
That's g-money to you!! I am not whining but instead stating the obvious concerning the rules & the ratings. I love all sports & watch them, but the NBA is not the same anymore. Ask anyone who has been around a while. The athletes are better, but the level of play & fundamentals are both down. Look at the Olympics & how others have caught up with us in the game we invented (Dr. James Naismith). It is sad but true. No need to get defensive about your Spurs. I said congrats to them & they deserve it. But let's also be objective about it.

BTW, the NBA has more problems with credibility, gambling, dirty refs, fixed games, perception, tv ratings, attendance, brawls in the stands, etc. anyway.

No:mad:

I don't have to objective about anything. I'm a woman. :D

g$$
07-25-2007, 12:03 AM
No:mad:

I don't have to objective about anything. I'm a woman. :D

Whatever you say...;)

Bandera YaYa
07-25-2007, 10:28 AM
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Emerson1
07-25-2007, 11:51 AM
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:
I know those are tears of joy for you, no nba championship if the stars don't align for the spurs.

Gobbla2001
07-25-2007, 12:17 PM
No NBA champs for Dallas if... wait, just no NBA champs for Dallas :p

Bandera YaYa
07-25-2007, 12:18 PM
I know those are tears of joy for you, no nba championship if the stars don't align for the spurs.
huh?...I can't understand you when you are crying !!!

Emerson1
07-25-2007, 12:20 PM
huh?...I can't understand you when you are crying !!!
Shouldn't you only watch the silver stars anyways?

Bandera YaYa
07-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Shouldn't you only watch the silver stars anyways?
now why would I do that??