PDA

View Full Version : Buckeyes to have passing camp

lostaussie
07-22-2007, 07:56 AM
sorry I am so late with this information

The first annual East Texas Passing Academy will be held at Buckeye Stadium beginning Monday, July 23 and ending Thursday, July 26. The camp will run from 6:30-9:30 p.m. each night. The camp is for athletes entering grades 7-12 this fall. Cost of the camp is $100.

The directors of the camp will be Buckeyes’ head coach Jeff Traylor, and his assistants Matt Turner and Kurt Traylor. Jeff Traylor and his staff have consistently produced some of the top offenses in the state of Texas, as well as develop several Division 1 college and NFL quarterbacks.

Traylor has assisted former Southlake Carroll head coach Todd Dodge at his passing academy for several years, and decided to start this camp at Dodge’s urging. “He's always told me we should do one in East Texas, because no one really does this type of camp,” Traylor said.

The camp is designed to allow each athlete the opportunity for multiple repetitions, and up-close attention to technique from the coaching staff. Traylor expects most of the participants to be from Gilmer, however dozens of athletes from around East Texas have pre-registered for the camp.

“We're coaches. Coaching is coaching,” Traylor stated, explaining why the camp is open to other schools’ athletes. “It's just something that I've always wanted to do. I've got a lot of really good coaches and we just want to help kids. Coaches love to coach. The kids that come to this kind of camp are so fun to coach.

Traylor expects this first camp to be small, with hopes of continued growth over the years. “Todd's first year he had forty, and now he's got 800 kids,” commented Traylor, who has already found a sponsor for the camp. “Nike is going to sponsor the camp and give each camper a Dri-FIT shirt and there will be Nike give-aways all week long.”

Anyone wanting to participate in the camp can sign-up at Buckeye stadium on Monday before the camp starts at 6:30 p.m.

luvhoops34
07-22-2007, 09:19 AM
I have a John Deere Tractor parked out by my horse barn! :cool:

lostaussie
07-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I have a John Deere Tractor parked out by my horse barn! :cool: Can I go take it for a spin:D