PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater Mustangs 2007 version

Bubba-Joe
07-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Okay folks time to start lookin at schdules for the up coming season and there is no better place to start than with the Sweetwater Mustangs
Much has been made by other folks about the loss of some of last years Mustangs, notable spots to be filled include.

Joseph Banyard - TCU

Duone Cunnings - Eastern New Mexico

Justin Adames - Hardin Simmions

Chase Stothers - Angelo State

James Beckwith - Angelo State

and

Sky Green - Texas Tech (track)
Looking at the schedule how do some of the sooth sayers think the Mustangs regular season shapes up
Ole Bubba aint going to pick wins or losses.

Cause Bubba knows as long as they play football in Sweetwater they have a chance to win.........
having said that there are lots of Questions to answered for the Mustangs to return to those deep playoff runs that the folks of Sweetwater love to see the Mustangs make, time to get back to playing football in Dec.
Go Big RED

@...Wichita Falls High
(the new system for the Yotes should be in place now, look for the Mustangs to be tested quickly in the secondary, if WFHS can pitch and catch this one could get interesting real fast....... add to the fact that this one is at Wichita Falls the Mustangs will have to be ready....)

@... Brownwood -
( Oh man this game has excitement all over it!!!! the LIONS went deep into the playoffs last year in 4A but that big pop knot that they carried was a game ending fieldgoal the Mustangs hit as the clock ran out to win the game.....40 plus yarder. The Lions will be out for some payback, and again another road game. Gordon Wood Stadium will be rockin, and I think this is part of the Dr. Pepper/Gordon Wood Classic yeah lots of folks will attend. Sure to be a early Playoff style atmosphere!!!!

@ Sweetwater Mustang Bowl vs. Decatur
It don't get any easier for the Big Red Mustangs in the 3 contest, but at least they get to come back to the MUSTANG BOWL, Decatur beat the Mustangs last year in Brownwood, look for another tough contest

@ Sweetwater Mustang Bowl vs. Canyon
Canyon gets to make the long road trip this year, fans will remember, what few of us went, a very exciting game last year in Canyon at the West Texas State Buffalo Bowl a very good game in which Sweetwater won. Canyon is one of the best in the Panhandle year in and year out look a good game here too.

@ Sweetwater Mustang Bowl vs.Big Spring
Big Spring has a new coach this season, think he was a principal last year, but from what I here he was a coach a few years back, you don't forget how to coach over night, and the Steers could be dangerous with a new system, this is the 3rd home game in a row for the Mustangs and I think Homecoming. Big Spring and Sweetwater have some history of playing tight games, don't expect the high scoring contest of last season but you never know?

@ Borger
Last year Borger got beaten up bad by the Mustangs. Look for the Mustangs to leave two or three days early to get to Borger, No seriously this is a looooooog road game for the Mustangs, and Borger will play better at home

@ Sweetwater Mustang Bowl vs.Comanche*
First Dist contest, Bubba aint got no ideal the last time Comanche came in the Bowl, If a team isn't used to the surroundings the Bowl is a heck of a Home field advantage..

@Clyde*
Oh my goodness when is Clyde going to build a new football stadium, this goat pasture is bad - even the home team don't like to play there.

@ Sweetwater Mustang Bowl vs. Abilene Wylie*
Always fun

OPEN

@Breckenridge*
Cowboys and Horses this rodeo could be wilder than a lot of 8 second rides for shore......

Well there you have it - not pickin em just starting to study em a little bit, what about the rest of you -
Red
Butkus
Chop Block
Ranger Mom
whatca think ???????

wildstangs
07-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Good insight....I predict 7-3, maybe 6-4.

ASUFrisbeeStud
07-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Good insight....I predict 7-3, maybe 6-4.

I'm a little more optimistic, 8-2, maybe 7-3.

Chopblock
07-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Glad to see you survived the Lake at Del Rio

carter08
07-21-2007, 09:41 PM
I want to hear what B44 has to say about this. His analyst is always so fun to read.

Bubba-Joe
07-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Chopblock
Glad to see you survived the Lake at Del Rio

Caught a bunch of strippers (fish) not the other.
had a good time
how's the knee ?

Chopblock
07-22-2007, 08:10 AM
new bionic knee is doing great, should have had it replaced years ago, had a slight foot drop problem after surgery.
couldn't raise the foot, it has started showing signs of working and can move it up some
i will call when i come to abilene this fall, you know myklebust is now at mcmurry
how is the mrs and kiddos?

Butkus
07-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Dang Bubba Joe ole Butkus had already looked at a schedule an had a little sinkin spell over it all now after lookin at ur post i get sicker than i already wuz. Im hopin fur 6-4 fraid 5-5 could be real.:(

CalallenWildcat
07-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I want to hear what B44 has to say about this. His analyst is always so fun to read.

Who is B44's analyst? ;)

DaHop72
07-24-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Butkus
Dang Bubba Joe ole Butkus had already looked at a schedule an had a little sinkin spell over it all now after lookin at ur post i get sicker than i already wuz. Im hopin fur 6-4 fraid 5-5 could be real.:( :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

rangerjoe33
07-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Any Mustangs out there grew up in sweetwater and graduated in/around 1988?

Adidas410s
07-24-2007, 10:33 AM
best case scenario probably 8-2...worst case is 5-5 or 4-6. It's not too far fetched to think that Sweetwater could start the seaeson 0-4!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

TheDOCTORdre
07-24-2007, 10:33 AM
sweetwater should respresent district 7-3a perfectly with a 7-3 record, with loses coming to Brownwood, Decatur and as Sweetwater and coach Jackson is all about tradition, they will once again have their annual district loss to Wylie:D (stangs havent beat the bulldogs since 2003) . But the stangs should beware as a 7-3 record could turn disaterous if the stangs arent careful, WF Rider could start the stangs off on a bad note and if the stangs arent careful clyde or brekenridge might just suprise the stangs and send them to a 3rd place district finish.

smustangs
07-24-2007, 10:59 AM
i think 7-3 is realistic maybe even 6-4.

DaHop72
07-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by smustangs
i think 7-3 is realistic maybe even 6-4. Duly noted:D

HOMER!!!!:devil:

smustangs
07-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Duly noted:D

HOMER!!!!:devil:

haha if i was a homer i would say 10-0 but thats not goin to happen this year i think they start 1-2 then lose to wylie in district finshed 7-3. the 6-4 would happen if they lose to wfh but thats as low as i think they fall.

what do you think hop? :nerd:

DaHop72
07-24-2007, 11:07 AM
haha if i was a homer i would say 10-0 but thats not goin to happen this year i think they start 1-2 then lose to wylie in district finshed 7-3. the 6-4 would happen if they lose to wfh but thats as low as i think they fall.

what do you think hop? :nerd: It looks like 6-4 to me, but I'm a little like adidas slip on a banana peel and you could be 0-4 before you know it.:thinking:

smustangs
07-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
It looks like 6-4 to me, but I'm a little like adidas slip on a banana peel and you could be 0-4 before you know it.:thinking:

ya cuz a loss to canyon is also very possible so i guess you could say a 5-5 is even possible

Adidas410s
07-24-2007, 12:04 PM
ya cuz a loss to canyon is also very possible so i guess you could say a 5-5 is even possible
and a slip up vs Clyde or Breck is also possible as well...:eek:

SWMustang
07-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
Any Mustangs out there grew up in sweetwater and graduated in/around 1988?

'89 Grad.

rockdale80
07-24-2007, 12:26 PM
Sweetwater is GOOD!!!

lion75
07-24-2007, 02:27 PM
More interested in the scrimmage with Vernon

smustangs
07-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Sweetwater is GOOD!!!

what is your problem? grow up a little bit

Ranger Mom
07-24-2007, 03:00 PM

Long running joke......he doesn't mean any harm!

smustangs
07-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Long running joke......he doesn't mean any harm!

o i know its a long joke but still not everyone from sweetwater is immature as some of the posters make it seem or have made it seem in the past

Snyder_TigerFan
07-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Didn't the "Sweetwater is GOOD" thing come from good ol' Lew?

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Swater has a tough schedule -- that is for sure. Too early to tell though. I hope to catch a game this year.

Best of luck to my brothers in Red.

smustangs
07-25-2007, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Swater has a tough schedule -- that is for sure. Too early to tell though. I hope to catch a game this year.

Best of luck to my brothers in Red.

how r the lions goin to look after losing whiteside?

burnet44
07-25-2007, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
Who is B44's analyst? ;)

I am
tell Phil hi for me and best of luck this year

Swater will probably be second to Wylie.
After Swater and Wylie the rest aint real strong.
The winner of Breck and Swater gets second.
I cant see Clyde or Comanche cracking the top 4.
There is only 5 teams in the district.
Two of them are fair at best. So it wont take much to get 3rd.

As for the rest of the schedule, Coach Jackson does a good job
As does Hugh at Wylie. Breck has been ok but from what Ive heard there was a few weeks they couldnt give the job there away. And I know people who turned it down. If someone was to worry it might be Breck.

1. Wylie goes 4-0
2. Swater goes 3-1 beats Breck
3. Breck goes 2-2 with a real close win vs Clyde
4. Clyde 1-3 could beat Breck if they get a turnover at the right time I see this game with Break 21-14 with the winner winning the turnover battle or drive killing penalty battle a REAL CLOSE GAME
5. Comanche 0-4 hope they have a good non-dist schedule they have NO HORSES for the Indians to ride

could be 1-5 non dist at worst
could be 3-3 at best
Ill say 2-4

overall
best 6-4
worst 4-6

Ill say 5-5
Maybe 2 rounds depending on the draw
wont see Thanksgiving or December football
will be playing thump thump before turkey day

Scholar
07-25-2007, 09:28 AM
o i know its a long joke but still not everyone from sweetwater is immature as some of the posters make it seem or have made it seem in the past

I agree. Only about 99.99% are. LOL.

rockdale80
07-25-2007, 09:45 AM

MAybe you couldnt hear me. I said

SWEETWATER IS GOOD!!!

Ranger Mom
07-25-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Didn't the "Sweetwater is GOOD" thing come from good ol' Lew?

I think he was involved in that thread...but I thought this (Sweetwater is good) kind of started between jmcgee and rockdale80.....but I could be wrong!

pirate4state
07-25-2007, 09:56 AM
MAybe you couldnt hear me. I said

SWEETWATER IS GOOD!!!

LOL. This is a good thread. I wish the Mustangs all the best. I say they end up 3-1 in district and 3-3 non-district - for those of you who failed math that is 6-4 overall :D

WTG Bubba-Joe :clap:

rockdale80
07-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I think he was involved in that thread...but I thought this (Sweetwater is good) kind of started between jmcgee and rockdale80.....but I could be wrong!

I am not sure who got it started. I just started saying it because if you say anything remotely negative about sweetwater, or shall I say UNBIASED then you have to spend the next month defending yourself to some of the sweetwater homers. So I just say that Sweetwater is good, for the sake of argueing.

On another note. If you dont like what I read then click the good ol' ignore button. It will not hurt my feelings if you dont read everything I write. Especially from people that make inane posts all the time.

Phantom Stang
07-25-2007, 10:09 AM
The best I remember, Rockdale80 started sarcastically saying "Sweetwater is good", a couple of years ago. LewP was on the board at that time so he might have been a contributing influence.

Anyhow, it's water off a ducks back to me, and I thought it was funny. I soon made it my signature line, and I've used it ever since.:cool:

rockdale80
07-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
The best I remember, Rockdale80 started sarcastically saying "Sweetwater is good", a couple of years ago. LewP was on the board at that time so he might have been a contributing influence.

Anyhow, it's water off a ducks back to me, and I thought it was funny. I soon made it my signature line, and I've used it ever since.:cool:

Contrary to belief though, I actually do think Sweetwater is good. Year in, and year out they compete very well. Just not sure they are the kings of the field like some believe. Not everyone, but you have to admit that for as long as I have been on this board there have been several that believe that they are the best, never lost, and only beat themselves.

jason
07-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe

@... Brownwood -
( Oh man this game has excitement all over it!!!! the LIONS went deep into the playoffs last year in 4A but that big pop knot that they carried was a game ending fieldgoal the Mustangs hit as the clock ran out to win the game.....40 plus yarder. The Lions will be out for some payback, and again another road game. Gordon Wood Stadium will be rockin, and I think this is part of the Dr. Pepper/Gordon Wood Classic yeah lots of folks will attend. Sure to be a early Playoff style atmosphere!!!! i might come to this - brownwood rolls though....

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-25-2007, 06:24 PM
how r the lions goin to look after losing whiteside?

They should be pretty salty again this year.

smustangs
07-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Contrary to belief though, I actually do think Sweetwater is good. Year in, and year out they compete very well. Just not sure they are the kings of the field like some believe. Not everyone, but you have to admit that for as long as I have been on this board there have been several that believe that they are the best, never lost, and only beat themselves.

i agree some think they are unbeatable but not all of us but you keep on keepin on man

Matthew328
07-25-2007, 07:29 PM
at Wichita Falls: Sweetwater loses this one, its in WF and Sweetwater is young...The Coyotes improved a TON by the end of last year and they are in their second season under Coach Pride....

at Brownwoood: another loss...Brownwood is loaded, Sweetwater beat Brownwood last year pre-Casey Pachall...this one could get UGLY

vs. Decatur: I think its a toss up, Sweetwater will be up playing at home.....I'll still pick Decatur by a nose....they have a lot back

vs. Canyon: this was a premiere matchup last year, not quite this year as both will be down...I'll take Sweetwater

vs. Big Spring: The Steers are a year away from being salty...I say Sweetwater takes homecoming

at Borger: Borger isn't what they were when they were 4A..Sweetwater rolls

District Sweetwater goes 3-1....so I say 6-4 also....I dunno if they get outta bi-district this year though