PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows

piratebg
07-20-2007, 10:37 PM
OK Potter-heads, who gets the ax in the new book? I'm too lazy to go digging through all of the spoilers right now.

hawkfan
07-21-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
OK Potter-heads, who gets the ax in the new book? I'm too lazy to go digging through all of the spoilers right now.

Do you want me to tell you? I just got back from WAl-mart.

burnet44
07-21-2007, 12:44 AM
mine is reading it now
went to party at 9
go figure

luvhoops34
07-21-2007, 01:05 AM
I have never read a Harry Potter book. And I've only seen one of the movies. :o

piratebg
07-21-2007, 01:58 AM
If no one wants to post it then feel free to to send it to me in a pm.

carter08
07-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Halfway done.

No one major. Yet.

DU_stud04
07-21-2007, 01:13 PM
good book :)

pirate4state
07-21-2007, 01:35 PM
I pre-ordered it and still haven't received it in the mail. :(

oh well......

Gives me time to "refresh" my memory by reading the last few chapters of book 6. :nerd: :nerd: :D

Emerson1
07-21-2007, 01:37 PM
So is this the last book?

BuffyMars
07-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
So is this the last book?

Yes, and I've never read any of them. The movies are ok....

pirate4state
07-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Yes, and I've never read any of them. The movies are ok.... The books are so much better than the movies. I thought they did a great job with the first and second movie, even the 3rd & 4th ones kinda grew on me, but this last movie was crap. :mad: :(

BuffyMars
07-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
The books are so much better than the movies. I thought they did a great job with the first and second movie, even the 3rd & 4th ones kinda grew on me, but this last movie was crap. :mad: :(

I agree, completely! Despite having not read the books.

piratebg
07-21-2007, 01:50 PM
I pre-ordered it and still haven't received it in the mail. :(

oh well......

Gives me time to "refresh" my memory by reading the last few chapters of book 6. :nerd: :nerd: :D

A coworker of mine preordered hers and it was delivered to the office this morning.

carter08
07-21-2007, 02:05 PM
This book is getting good.

I was going to reread the first 6, but I only made it to 3. Having the book kinda made me forget my plan.

sectionCwannabe
07-21-2007, 03:25 PM
good book, i wont spoil it though...

burnet44
07-21-2007, 03:52 PM
the butler did it

Bulldog_12
07-21-2007, 03:55 PM
I know who dies.......

burnet44
07-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I know who dies.......

"Dont bother reading it kid, everyone dies in the end. "—Receiver Pete Gent's advice to a rookie on Tom Landry's playbook.

super1
07-21-2007, 05:05 PM
I read that it was Col. Mustard with the lead pipe in the dining room.

piratebg
07-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Okay, I've read the ending and it really didn't make too much sense to me for some reason. What's a "dirty harry?"

super1
07-21-2007, 05:11 PM
What's a "dirty harry?"

That would be Clint Eastwood.

piratebg
07-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by super1
That would be Clint Eastwood.

No, not "who" is Dirty Harry, but "what" is a dirty harry?

burnet44
07-21-2007, 05:36 PM
No, not "who" is Dirty Harry, but "what" is a dirty harry?

"Dirty Harry"
This drink consists of 2 parts Southern Comfort, 1 part Kahlua, and 3/4 part of Creme de Cacao. The drink is served over ice in a tumbler glass.

but I dont think thats it

pirate4state
07-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Okay, now I'm really annoyed!! I STILL haven't received my book :mad: :mad:

:(

luvhoops34
07-21-2007, 08:05 PM

Is the mail slow in Sin-tone?:D

pirate4state
07-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Is the mail slow in Sin-tone?:D Didn't come by USPS this year. Last year, I stayed home and waited for UPS only to discover that it had been sitting in my mailbox the entire day! This year, I'm waiting for the mail and then find out it is being delivered via UPS. :mad: I know it arrived & left Corpus this morning, but no one can tell me where the hell it is now, but it ISN'T in MY possession. :foul: :foul: :foul:

It really wouldn't have mattered as I was running around most of the day and then did something completely out of character and volunteered to baby sit my cousin's baby so he & his wife could go out. :crazy1: This is how I'm repaid? No book? :weeping:

AND....

I'm worn out from that damn drive yesterday. Getting old sucks :(

carter08
07-21-2007, 09:45 PM

Everyone dies.
Except Harry.
He marries Proffesor McGonagall and they start a new school called Bumbleboar.
Voldemort eats his own face.
The End.

pirate4state
07-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Everyone dies.
Except Harry.
He marries Proffesor McGonagall and they start a new school called Bumbleboar.
Voldemort eats his own face.
The End.

:twitch:

Nice.
Very
Nice.
Bumbleboar - :D

burnet44
07-21-2007, 10:14 PM
John McLain burst through the door and and shoots down
Hans Gruber aka Severus Snape

http://www.deuvosguard.com/grafics/snape_1.jpg

yippie ki yi a

http://www.grudge-match.com/Images/diehard.gif

Emerson1
07-21-2007, 10:45 PM
Didn't come by USPS this year. Last year, I stayed home and waited for UPS only to discover that it had been sitting in my mailbox the entire day! This year, I'm waiting for the mail and then find out it is being delivered via UPS. :mad: I know it arrived & left Corpus this morning, but no one can tell me where the hell it is now, but it ISN'T in MY possession. :foul: :foul: :foul:

It really wouldn't have mattered as I was running around most of the day and then did something completely out of character and volunteered to baby sit my cousin's baby so he & his wife could go out. :crazy1: This is how I'm repaid? No book? :weeping:

AND....

Just download it

piratebg
07-21-2007, 10:57 PM
Didn't come by USPS this year. Last year, I stayed home and waited for UPS only to discover that it had been sitting in my mailbox the entire day! This year, I'm waiting for the mail and then find out it is being delivered via UPS. :mad: I know it arrived & left Corpus this morning, but no one can tell me where the hell it is now, but it ISN'T in MY possession. :foul: :foul: :foul:

AND....

Well, according to my coworkers who have theirs already, they said that UPS handled the delivery of the books to Corpus and then turned everything over to the USPS to handle the actually deliveries. The books alone would have kept UPS busy for a long while.

pirate4state
07-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Well, according to my coworkers who have theirs already, they said that UPS handled the delivery of the books to Corpus and then turned everything over to the USPS to handle the actually deliveries. The books alone would have kept UPS busy for a long while. yeah, i found that out earlier :mad: so now i know who to really be pissed at - the sinton post office

Crimestick
07-21-2007, 11:18 PM
There was a story in the Beaumont Enterprise paper about how more than 400 people showed up at the Barnes and Noble, some staring Thursday night. They received wristbands and crowded into the store at around 9 or so last night, where they waited until midnight and were called, one by one, to get their copies - most of them reserved far in advance. People spent two nights there to get a copy.
Here I am, 20 miles away. I couldn't sleep last night around 11:55, so I hopped in the car, drove to the local Super Wal Mart a few miles from the house and picked one up off of the shelf. I was back home before 12:25.
Seriously, people.
Think.

burnet44
07-21-2007, 11:18 PM
one of mine is about done with it
soon for the other

pirate4state
07-21-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
There was a story in the Beaumont Enterprise paper about how more than 400 people showed up at the Barnes and Noble, some staring Thursday night. They received wristbands and crowded into the store at around 9 or so last night, where they waited until midnight and were called, one by one, to get their copies - most of them reserved far in advance. People spent two nights there to get a copy.
Here I am, 20 miles away. I couldn't sleep last night around 11:55, so I hopped in the car, drove to the local Super Wal Mart a few miles from the house and picked one up off of the shelf. I was back home before 12:25.
Seriously, people.
Think.

LOL I was trying to avoid all that non sense so I ordered from amazon.com thinking it'd be easy....yeah, that's what i get for thinking :doh:

piratebg
07-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Well I guess I might as well ruin the ending for ya Rita. In the end you find out that Harry has been dead from the beginning. Voldemort actually did kill him when he was a baby and trapped his soul in a sort of limbo where he thinks he never died. Hermione Granger is actually Ron's sister who was taken and hidden from the Weasleys shortly after birth. Aurthur Weasley is not their father. You find out that Molly Weasly had a secret relationship with Tom Riddle, who as good at time, and became pregnant with his kids. When she refuses to abandon her family and runaway with Tom, he becomes infuriated, which ultimately leads him to becoming Lord Voldemort, the most feared Sith Lord in the galaxy. She keeps Ron and puts Hermione up for adoption. The last chapter is about an autistic kid playing with a globe with a miniature version of Hogwarts in it. At that point we learn that the entire story was just the imagination of a mentally ill 7 year old boy. The End.

pirate4state
07-23-2007, 02:03 PM
After the whole mail fiasco, I went ahead and bought a copy yesterday. It was a great Sunday for a book worm/nerd like myself! :nerd: I started the book at 10 a.m. and finished just after 11 p.m. :D :nerd: :D

J.K. did a fantastic job on this book & I was very pleased.

If anyone wants to know who dies send me a PM & I'll tell you, but you really should read these books.

Bandera YaYa
07-23-2007, 02:13 PM
After the whole mail fiasco, I went ahead and bought a copy yesterday. It was a great Sunday for a book worm/nerd like myself! :nerd: I started the book at 10 a.m. and finished just after 11 p.m. :D :nerd: :D

J.K. did a fantastic job on this book & I was very pleased.

If anyone wants to know who dies send me a PM & I'll tell you, but you really should read these books.
dang that book is big, too!! Send me the info...

pirate4state
07-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
dang that book is big, too!! Send me the info... Are you postitive???

Bandera YaYa
07-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Are you postitive???
yes please...I won't read the book.....:D

Fotbol
07-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Harry Potter is Black Majic Voo Doo
It's Devil Worshipping
It's Witch Craft Don't let kids read this Book!:mad:

pirate4state
07-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Harry Potter is Black Majic Voo Doo
It's Devil Worshipping
It's Witch Craft Don't let kids read this Book!:mad:

Crucio!

:D

carter08
07-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Crucio!

:D

Oh, no, dear.

That deserved Avada Kedavra

pirate4state
07-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Oh, no, dear.

:evillol: LOL I thought about it, but you have to MEAN it ;)

pirate4state
07-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Oh, no, dear.

OMG CARTER - you've read the book, right??? :D

carter08
07-23-2007, 02:40 PM
OMG CARTER - you've read the book, right??? :D

Of course. Bought it at midnight. Finished it saturday afternoon after i slept some.

Ranger Mom
07-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Didn't come by USPS this year. Last year, I stayed home and waited for UPS only to discover that it had been sitting in my mailbox the entire day!

Hehe....that is what I did with the T-shirt....only opposite!!:p :p

pirate4state
07-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Of course. Bought it at midnight. Finished it saturday afternoon after i slept some. Let's chat!! :)

carter08
07-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Let's chat!! :)

Ok.
Go. Chatroom. Now.

Ranger Mom
07-23-2007, 02:58 PM
OMG!! A Harry Potter chat...on a FOOTBALL board?!?!?!:eek: :eek: :eek:

pirate4state
07-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
OMG!! A Harry Potter chat...on a FOOTBALL board?!?!?!:eek: :eek: :eek:

yeah, Carter isn't much of a chatter :( I'll just have to wait for BBDE to get done

carter08
07-23-2007, 03:31 PM
yeah, Carter isn't much of a chatter :( I'll just have to wait for BBDE to get done

:mad:

GOSSIPPER!

pirate4state
07-23-2007, 03:33 PM
:mad:

GOSSIPPER!

:kiss:

carter08
07-23-2007, 03:39 PM
:kiss:

ok.
if you really want to go to jail :p

pirate4state
07-23-2007, 03:49 PM
ok.
if you really want to go to jail :p
HAHA

Gobbla2001
07-23-2007, 05:28 PM
there was a truck driver, rough and tough one, delivering pallets out at the plant today... he was listening to a Harry Potter audio book... I thought it was funny...

bulldogman06
07-23-2007, 08:42 PM
got the book at midnight, was finished by 4 AM, went to work the next day at 6 and wasnt even tired. it was that good, but im kinda bummed out, ive been with this series since i was 10.

pirate4state
07-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
got the book at midnight, was finished by 4 AM, went to work the next day at 6 and wasnt even tired. it was that good, but im kinda bummed out, ive been with this series since i was 10. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: WOW!!!! How on earth did you finish that book in 4 hours???

DU_stud04
07-24-2007, 07:15 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: WOW!!!! How on earth did you finish that book in 4 hours??? its not that long of a book...

Cameron Crazy
07-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Haven't read it yet, going to start it soon.