PDA

View Full Version : Liberty vs. Cleveland

5inchtaint
11-04-2002, 01:49 PM
What are your predictions for this Fridays pivital match up to determine the third team to advance to the play-offs?

AggieJohn
11-04-2002, 01:53 PM
No contest really...if you think about it....i think liberty will come out the gates kind of cold like normal and then get set up in their offensive and defensive setups and take the indians by 30

5inchtaint
11-04-2002, 01:59 PM
also does anyone know who the winner of liberty vs. cleveland will play in the 1st round?

Old Cardinal
11-04-2002, 02:14 PM
To Explayer 2001: You have been wrong most of the time on your predictions. I hope that Liberty's team does not go in with that cockiness attitude. Coach Al C. took a team picked by everyone to be in the District cellar and now is playing as a playoff contender! Cleveland NOW has a more disiciplined team than Liberty! IF Liberty goes in thinking its going to be a cake walk, then Cleveland can easily hand them an upset. I personally would take this Cleveland Indian team very seriously, they are not the team that Bridge City scrimmaged and Barber's Hill beat earlier this season. It took a while, but good Coaching has caused a real turnaround on the disipline thing!

CSQB7
11-04-2002, 02:19 PM
5inchtaint:
What are your predictions for this Fridays pivital match up to determine the third team to advance to the play-offs?It should be a good game but if Liberity comes out and play like they can play they should come out with a win.GOOD LUCK

AggieJohn
11-04-2002, 02:23 PM
Old Cardinal:
To Explayer 2001: You have been wrong most of the time on your predictions. I hope that Liberty's team does not go in with that cockiness attitude. Coach Al C. took a team picked by everyone to be in the District cellar and now is playing as a playoff contender! Cleveland NOW has a more disiciplined team than Liberty! IF Liberty goes in thinking its going to be a cake walk, then Cleveland can easily hand them an upset. I personally would take this Cleveland Indian team very seriously, they are not the team that Bridge City scrimmaged and Barber's Hill beat earlier this season. It took a while, but good Coaching has caused a real turnaround on the disipline thing!I'm not thinking that liberty is going to take it easily...they've seen other panther squads in the past do that and have knowledge on what understating does...i do acknowledge the fact that cleveland has had a turnaround season...so has liberty though....going from 6th in the preseason ranks on here too fighting for third with a suprising indians squad...trust me..this will be a good game...with both teams giving all....

RBARKER
11-04-2002, 07:48 PM
This is going to be a good one but i will take Liberty by 10.

Matthew328
11-04-2002, 08:31 PM
Liberty should win...but I am pickin Cleveland in an upset..the Indians are playing great right now...whatever the coach there has done seems to be working....

AggieJohn
11-04-2002, 09:01 PM
Matthew328:
Liberty should win...but I am pickin Cleveland in an upset..the Indians are playing great right now...whatever the coach there has done seems to be working....only reason that cleveland is playing good right now is that they faced the hardest teams right out of the gate(bhill and coldspring) in district and have played the four worst teams(shepard, splendora, tarkington, huffman) in the district the last 4 games giving them their 4 game winning streak...

eagle08
11-04-2002, 10:58 PM
I think Liberty should win, but I hope they don't take Cleveland lightly. They have a good thing going.

AggieJohn
11-04-2002, 11:04 PM
yeah it's called no school tuesday due to the rain

5inchtaint
11-04-2002, 11:13 PM
John or anyone else posting here, do you know where the playoff game will be if Liberty wins and who we'll play if that happens?

AggieJohn
11-04-2002, 11:27 PM
so if cleveland wins on friday that forces bhill into D2 ball....i guess the hill's going to be rooting against liberty

AggieJohn
11-05-2002, 12:02 AM
5inchtaint:
John or anyone else posting here, do you know where the playoff game will be if Liberty wins and who we'll play if that happens?who is this...you can give jersey number or name or whatever...no.........coaches normally call over the weekend and decide that..or they have some prior knowledge and set it up ahead of time if they know their in the playoff's because it actually cost's to go play at neutral sites..it prolly won't be anywhere special...my prediction is that if orangfield is over there near beaumont it would be at neutral site...say hardin jefferson since they don't have any chance of being in the playoffs...or in vidor like before...maybe even in lumberton..who knows...but i think it could be something like that..or maybe lamar stadium like last year......one of those four for sure..saw a bracket for postseason and said that if we matched up with them...that the line would be them by 4

<small>[ November 04, 2002, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: explayer2001 ]</small>

5inchtaint
11-05-2002, 04:33 PM
john, i'll talk to you at the game friday if you'll be there later

QBKilla
11-05-2002, 08:10 PM
It should be a good game but I think Liberty is going to come out on top. 24-13 Liberty.

redneckplayer010
11-05-2002, 10:20 PM
we aren't taking cleveland lightly... we know exactly what the implications of this game are... we are never cocky going into a game... we are not starting slow this week... we are not going to lose to cleveland though... we've been studying these films, and if we play like we have shown, and not start late... it will be no contest... turn around or not, these boys aren't ready for us, our practices this week have been more physical as of yet... and after huffman's showing we are confident in our abilities... liberty by 20 at least

trojandad
11-06-2002, 08:21 AM
I, too, believe that if Liberty plays the game they can, they will win. But I truthfully believe Cleveland is the most improved team in the district. I said weeks ago in a post on here that Chris Reescano was the best player on their team and that it was every other team's good fortune that Cleveland's coach wasn't getting him more touches. Well now he is and they are a tough team because of it.

Imagine this though, second round games if Cleveland wins. Lower bracket would have Barbers Hill playing La Grange and Newton playing Marlin. State quality stuff in the second round.

AggieJohn
11-06-2002, 01:49 PM
5inchtaint:
john, i'll talk to you at the game friday if you'll be there lateri'll be there....camera and all.....i'm just ready for liberty finally get out of the first round of the playoffs....i think they have their best shot agianst orangefield and hardin....but then again i think 2 out of three yeras we took newton lighter than we should have....really tired of everyone always saying remember THE playoff game this year.....that stinks....

QBKilla
11-06-2002, 08:31 PM
explayer2001:
so if cleveland wins on friday that forces bhill into D2 ball....i guess the hill's going to be rooting against libertyIt really doesn't matter to us whether we go D1 or D2. Only 5 games in D1.

AggieJohn
11-06-2002, 08:45 PM
yeah....D1 ball is harder though

LP-DB
11-06-2002, 09:50 PM
we goin out and startin early this week not in the second half..we plan to take them by at least 21 and hopefully a shutout..if we don't mess up and let anything tricky go by..they shouldn't have any drives to talk about..liberty by 21..

# 80

AggieJohn
11-06-2002, 10:02 PM
cool..i'm game for that line....too bad everyone else underestimate yall.....i've seen liberty by 4, by 5, and by 9....everyone thinks their hype.cleveland that is

borfmen010
11-07-2002, 01:18 PM
All of the borfmen are going to come out this week and get it krunk. I predict that liberty will win by 20. Cleveland better watch out for that boy darbonne he is coming off a back injury and he is just now full speed. I can't wait to see him in action. eek! :cool:

borfmen010
11-07-2002, 01:21 PM
All of the borfmen are going to come out this week and get it krunk. I predict that liberty will win by 20. Cleveland better watch out for that boy darbonne he is coming off a back injury and he is just now full speed. I can't wait to see him in action. eek! :cool:

AggieJohn
11-07-2002, 02:48 PM
borfmen010:

#15so i know who the borfmen are and stuff..but why the name?

AggieJohn
11-07-2002, 02:50 PM
borfmen010:

#15so i know who the borfmen are and stuff..but why the name?

AggieJohn
11-07-2002, 02:55 PM
borfmen010:

#15so we all know who the borfmen are...just why the name?

borfmen010
11-08-2002, 01:53 PM
We gonna come out tha doe gettin it krunk tonight. Dat boy E. Moss had 285 ydz. rushing last week and he say he want to break 300 on Cleveland azz. Also watch out for dat cat #66, K. Brown. Dat foo has been known to lay some shop and wreck some hat. Oh, I almost forgot. My nigga Josh Sadler gone be on tha sidlines regulatin'. "We don't take em', we just sell em'!"
# 35