PDA

View Full Version : As jealousy rears it's ugly head...

HotDawg89
09-18-2003, 02:42 PM
I would like to point out that a couple of posters have asked us Burnet fans not to post on the board for a while. Nevermind, that we too, have opinions about other teams, and forget; we sometimes have thoughtful things to say about what is going on in 3A football as a whole.

But, if it concerns Burnet...you know, you don't have to read it. Not all Burnet people on this board are obnoxious about our team, proud yes, but not obnoxious. We have as much right to discuss things on this board as the next fan of the next team does, but again, you don't have to read what we post if you don't like it. It's not as if someone has a gun pointed at you.

I love the diversity of this board, but some posters have a lot of nerve(and yep, some of them are from Burnet too.)

Gobbla2001
09-18-2003, 02:45 PM
Preach on, Burnet fans... Even though you guys knocked us out of the '99 playoffs, I like all of you...

But let me tell ya, DON'T do it again...

ha!

<small>[ September 18, 2003, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

RBARKER
09-18-2003, 02:51 PM
Who is Burnet I never heard of them?

Just playing If anyone on this board had a team like Burnet they would be on here talking all of the time. I know I would wink

cunbed10
09-18-2003, 02:56 PM
Give'em Hell Burnet and if they Don't like it, give'em some mo!(more)

pirate4state
09-18-2003, 02:57 PM
Good post HotDawg. I posted a topic this morning that I guess no one has seen :( but I got so mad when I saw someone post that they couldn't believe that Burnet carried a fan base of over 7,000 & 10,000 at playoff games!! If you want to check it out is is titled 'IN DEFENSE OF BURNET FANS ... ' And you're right, they are just player hatin' (as the kids say today)!

cunbed10
09-18-2003, 03:02 PM
Hell! Marlin is 0-2 and I'm still talking smack, because I am a true Bulldogs fan, if I was cut my blood would be Purple and Gold, just imagine if we were 2-0, I would probably be banned off 3ADownlow, isn't that right Bandera Ya Ya, Kieth 7, and Monkey Joe :D

bd0707
09-18-2003, 03:03 PM
Right on 89, and they can take Ozzy with em, the turncoat! hehe

HotDawg89
09-18-2003, 03:09 PM
LOL! You guys are great!

Backwoods
09-18-2003, 04:22 PM
Keep it up Dawg. When you are good or right, there's always those that will try to pull you down.

GreatBigBurnetFan
09-18-2003, 05:53 PM
To all the 3A fans,
If someone took offense to my posting, please accept my apology.

I am not a native of Burnet, I'm from west Texas.
I am seeing things in Burnet that are really exciting. I'm seeing young men strive to do something positive. I have seen a small community
pull together, maybe having some pride. I'm seeing
youngsters, even in success, remain humble and be VERY respectful. The Austin paper interviewed
Jordan, asking about a record. He said the record wouldn't mean anything without the championship.
He won't talk about himself, but makes reference
to his teammates and the community support. Folks we need and our kids need to see positive things.

When we go to another town they treat us with respect, and we give it back. When I was in school, we couldn't leave town because we had seven busses with their gas tanks sugared. When people come to Burnet, the visitors are made welcome. Just as we were treated well in Gatesville this year. Marlin and others will be treated well and made welcome in Burnet.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

Bandera YaYa
09-18-2003, 06:29 PM
Hey there Cunbed10.....you can talk smack all day long if you want, but you had better go out there and win your first game, then I'd shut up, with pleasure!! :p Just calling it like I see it, so give me something else to see!! :D

cunbed10
09-19-2003, 07:44 AM
Bandera YaYa:
Hey there Cunbed10.....you can talk smack all day long if you want, but you had better go out there and win your first game, then I'd shut up, with pleasure!! :p Just calling it like I see it, so give me something else to see!! :D Well Ya Ya I'll go out on the limb and say we will win soon, but when district rolls around, the wins should roll in, carrying over into the playoffs, and then this wonderful thing happens Marlin meets the defending DivII State Champs, beating the hell out of 'em 35-0 and Bandera Ya Ya will get no rest on this site, because I will haunt you and remind you of the early months, when we were loosing. :D

<small>[ September 19, 2003, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: cunbed10 ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
09-19-2003, 10:13 AM
Bring on the haunting, babe........I hope you will be able to do it! Posters are ragging Burnet for being too boostful...well at least they have bragging rights for now! "Put up or shut up"....I think that's how it goes! Good luck tonite...and bring on the haunting.... eek!

Peace and Ya Ya!!

eye of the tiger
09-19-2003, 06:27 PM
Keep on posting and have fun.