PDA

View Full Version : East Matagorda Bay

mac77
07-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Tried to fish the bay last evening, terrible. There's so much fresh water even the tide change can't flush it out. Water tasted like it came right out of my tap at home. With football about to get started, don't know how much more fishing gonna get done this summer. SUCKS!

Is the rest of the coast having this problem too?

44INAROW
07-20-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by mac77
Tried to fish the bay last evening, terrible. There's so much fresh water even the tide change can't flush it out. Water tasted like it came right out of my tap at home. With football about to get started, don't know how much more fishing gonna get done this summer. SUCKS!

Is the rest of the coast having this problem too?

we haven't been in two weeks but it was bad when we were at Copano Bay.....

raider red 2000
07-20-2007, 10:30 AM
i know some guys that got to port o'conner...and they said that it was pretty bad....also...they said that flesh eating bacteria might get worse with all of the fresh water.

carter08
07-20-2007, 10:53 AM
It's been years since i've been down to Matagorda Bay

fireman1
07-20-2007, 11:27 AM
man the wharton fire department fishing tourny is this weekend too and its in matagorda hope something happens for the fishermen

LH Panther Mom
07-20-2007, 11:39 AM
My husband and some of his coworkers had a tentative trip planned for this weekend, but it's been cancelled. With the rain, there's a "dead" area where fish aren't able to get enough oxygen, so they're moving to others parts. (At least that's what I thought he was saying....wasn't paying "too" much attention because it was fishing.) I did look at the map he showed me that charted the area. :nerd: