PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 NFL QB's

Adidas410s
07-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Who are your Top 5 NFL QB's heading into this season? Here are a few of the lists I've seen out there:

Fox Sports
1. Manning
2. Brady
3. McNabb
4. Palmer
5. Hasselbeck
11. Romo
29. Schaub

Sports Illustrated
1. Manning
2. Brees
3. Palmer
4. Brady
5. Bulger
6. Romo
23. Schaub

Scouts Inc/ESPN
1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Palmer
5. McNabb
14. Romo
25. Schaub

neck_06
07-19-2007, 01:42 PM
McNabb is garbage.....he should be nowhere near the top 5

Keith7
07-19-2007, 01:43 PM
SI are a bunch of idiots to have Romo #6 and ahead of McNabb.. Romo showed signs of brilliance, but once defenses figured him out he folded like a lawn chair..

Fotbol
07-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Who are your Top 5 NFL QB's heading into this season? Here are a few of the lists I've seen out there:

Fox Sports
1. Manning
2. Brady
3. McNabb
4. Palmer
5. Hasselbeck
11. Romo
29. Schaub

Sports Illustrated
1. Manning
2. Brees
3. Palmer
4. Brady
5. Bulger
6. Romo
23. Schaub

Scouts Inc/ESPN
1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Palmer
5. McNabb
14. Romo
25. Schaub
Young
Vick
Matt(usc)
Mcnair
Pennington
Bulger

Keith7
07-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
McNabb is garbage.....he should be nowhere near the top 5

lol at you.. thats the funniest thing I have ever heard.. he could retire right now and would be a hall of famer

Adidas410s
07-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Young
Vick
Matt(usc)
Mcnair
Pennington
Bulger

Thanks for the insight :rolleyes:

Adidas410s
07-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
lol at you.. thats the funniest thing I have ever heard.. he could retire right now and would be a hall of famer
oh no...now THAT's the funniest thing I've heard today! ;)

Doon
07-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Schaub needs to be fitted for a body cast before the season even starts. I feel sorry for that young man.

Keith7
07-19-2007, 01:49 PM
oh no...now THAT's the funniest thing I've heard today! ;)

6 time pro bowler, 2004 offensive player of the year, has won his division 7 times, has led his team to 4 nfc championship games, plus on top of all that he holds almost all big east passing records..

:eek: wow thats some good looking garbage

Phil C
07-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Vince Young is the best and should be No. 1!

neck_06
07-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Vince Young is the best and should be No. 1! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

3afan
07-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Vince Young is the best and should be No. 1!

maybe some day, but not now

peyton the easy #1

Txbroadcaster
07-19-2007, 01:58 PM
SI are a bunch of idiots to have Romo #6 and ahead of McNabb.. Romo showed signs of brilliance, but once defenses figured him out he folded like a lawn chair..

Why does everyone think Romo was "figured" out later in the year?

Last 4 games he completed 61% of his passes and had a 82.4 QB rating..Great...no..but not like he fell apart. In fact his last regular season game he completed 71% of his passes for 321 yards and a 111.4 rating in the game..he had two off games in the last four, but not OMG so terrible it showed he cant be the QB or anything

in the play-off game he had an 89 rating and threw a TD in an offense most admit was VERY conservative against an average Seattle defense

neck_06
07-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Last 4 games he completed 61% of his passes and had a 82.4 QB rating..Great...no..but not like he fell apart. In fact his last regular season game he completed 71% of his passes for 321 yards and a 111.4 rating in the game..he had two off games in the last four, but not OMG so terrible it showed he cant be the QB or anything

thank you...i'm glad someone finally said it!

Keith7
07-19-2007, 02:00 PM

in the play-off game he had an 89 rating and threw a TD in an offense most admit was VERY conservative against an average Seattle defense

Seattle's defense was far from average.. they had a DB who hadn't played football in a year playing in that game..

Txbroadcaster
07-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Seattle's defense was far from average.. they had a DB who hadn't played football in a year playing in that game..

I meant the WHOLE defense..and the gameplan went into buttpucker mode for some reason..and yet they still were a play away from being in the divisional round

Adidas410s
07-19-2007, 02:04 PM
6 time pro bowler, 2004 offensive player of the year, has won his division 7 times, has led his team to 4 nfc championship games, plus on top of all that he holds almost all big east passing records..

College records don't matter one bit when going for the NFL HOF.

He might get in...but he's a borderline guy...not the automatic 1st ballot guy that you're saying he is. If he could win a championship then he would be in but until then his resume is incomplete and he doesn't have the stats of a Marino or Moon (the 2 modern era QB's without a title to get in).

Maroon87
07-19-2007, 02:05 PM
I say top 5 are Manning, Brees, Brady, Bulger, and Palmer.

pooch
07-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Manning
Brady
Young
Brees
Palmer

Ranger Mom
07-19-2007, 02:21 PM
6 time pro bowler

He was on a bowling league??

Cool!!:D :D

I know..that was lame, but that was the first thing I thought when I read that!:p

pirate4state
07-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
He was on a bowling league??

Cool!!:D :D

I know..that was lame, but that was the first thing I thought when I read that!:p

:doh: :doh:

BTEXDAD
07-19-2007, 02:34 PM

mcnabb has done well for most part, but he needs to stay healthy and probably win super bowl if he wants to get in hof.
His stats are nowhere near good enough otherwise.

According to nfl stats, McNabb is currently in 68th place in yards passing behind such notable QBs as kerry collins, trent green, jake plummer and Jon Kitna.

McNabb ranks 66th all time in TD passes behind most of the above QBs along with being some 120 tds behind Vinnie Testaverde and Dave Krieg, neither of whom will make the hof.
Brad Johnson, Mark Brunell also ahead in yds and tds.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats

Ranger Mom
07-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:doh: :doh:

Leave me alone...it's been a long week!:)

3afan
07-19-2007, 02:48 PM

people say that 'cause they heard someone say it on TV ...

Phil C
07-19-2007, 03:57 PM
A&M's Stephen McGee is going to be a very good pro football QB. Not as good as VY but still successful. And if pro teams don't draft him early and he gets on with a good team look out!

Emerson1
07-19-2007, 05:02 PM
A&M's Stephen McGee is going to be a very good pro football QB. Not as good as VY but still successful. And if pro teams don't draft him early and he gets on with a good team look out!
NFL teams run the option now?

luvhoops34
07-19-2007, 05:36 PM
My top 5 are:

1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. McNabb
5. Young

CelinaCatFan
07-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Are we talking Fantasy Rankings or Regular Rankings?

Fantasy:
1. P. Manning
2. C. Palmer
3. D. Brees
4. T. Brady
5. M. Bulger

Regular:
1a. P. Manning
1b. T. Brady
3. C. Palmer
4. D. Brees
5. M. Bulger

Up and Coming:
T. Romo
V. Young
J. Cutler
M. Leinart
J.P. Losman

Diocletian
07-19-2007, 07:28 PM
soooooo

if Vince was the Cowboys starter instead of Romo, who would get more wins?

put Vince on the Colts or the Steelers, he'd be in everyones top 5 after 1 year, he took a nothing team and almost had them in the playoffs in the bulked AFC, he won ROTY, he is the best up and growing QB and he deserves more credit then these reporters give

g$$
07-19-2007, 07:52 PM

It is called the Pro Football HOF. College is different deal. McNabb is not a lock by any means to be in the PF HOF. Lots more work to do. Not the Hall of very good, but the Hall of Fame instead.

g$$
07-19-2007, 07:54 PM

McGee played with a torn triceps muscle all of last year. Not an excuse, but a reason for his passing #s being down. Let's see what he does over the next 2 years of eligibility. Guy is a gamer & a winner, plus he has the frame.

g$$
07-19-2007, 08:01 PM
My top 5 right now (not future):

Manning
Brady
Brees
Palmer
Bulger / Hasselbeck (tie)

Down the road, watch out for Young, Leinart, & my favorite Cutler.

The reason lots of people say Romo was figured out was his stats down the stretch when defenses threw more looks at him. He struggled at times & turned the ball over. I like him but the jury is still out on him too.

Keith7
07-19-2007, 08:06 PM

He might get in...but he's a borderline guy...not the automatic 1st ballot guy that you're saying he is. If he could win a championship then he would be in but until then his resume is incomplete and he doesn't have the stats of a Marino or Moon (the 2 modern era QB's without a title to get in).

You gotta remember his career isn't over yet.. he still has many good years ahead of him..

kaorder1999
07-19-2007, 08:30 PM
where is Quincy Carter? Oh wait...

Emerson1
07-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by g$$
McGee played with a torn triceps muscle all of last year. Not an excuse, but a reason for his passing #s being down. Let's see what he does over the next 2 years of eligibility. Guy is a gamer & a winner, plus he has the frame.
You hear all that, then you remember who his coach is.

LH Panther Mom
07-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Tom Brady.... :kiss: You mean there are other NFL QB's? :confused:

crzyjournalist03
07-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
where is Quincy Carter? Oh wait...

Last I heard, he got suspended in the Arena league2 (which is the AFL's minor leagues if you can believe that) because he skipped too many team meetings.

my top five:

1. Tom Brady (Most people like Manning, but Peyton is still two rings behind).
2. Peyton Manning
3. Carson Palmer
4. Drew Brees
5. Philip Rivers

g$$
07-19-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
You hear all that, then you remember who his coach is.

I don't like Fran either, but I know for a fact McGee was injured. This could be Fran's swan song with a very daunting road schedule. This is his best chance with a veteran team & full recruiting cycle now (5 years). It is sink or swim for Fran. I like McGee a lot - solid player, leader, & winner. Hopefully they let the kid throw the ball downfield & show what he can do.