PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Mistakes (Movies)

Phil C
07-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Many opinions have been made on this regarding the movies. Please feel free to voice your opinions whether a movie should have won or been nominated. The main catagories are Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actress, Best Director and Best Song but feel free to comment on any catagory your wish. This is just a opinion type thing. Please be sure to put the year down if possible.

Some of mine are:

Kirk Douglas should have won Best Actor for Lust for Life even though the winner Yul Brynner was good in The King and I.

1941 How Green Was My Valley over Citizen Kane who many surveys have as the top movie ever made.

1946 The Best Years of Our Lives over It's a Wonderful Life.

1968 The musical Oliver winning over the great movie 2001 A Space Odyssey which wasn't even nominated!

raider red 2000
07-19-2007, 10:09 AM
i saw citizen kane.

good movie.

but no Dumb and Dumber ;)

Bull Butter
07-19-2007, 10:20 AM
1982: Chariots of Fire????? Not even one nomination for Stripes:mad:

1987: Platoon over Three Amigos......Academy really blew it on that one

Bartender: "We don't have any beer, just tequila"
Ned: "What's tequila?"
Bartender: "ehhhhhhh, it's like beer"

charlesrixey
07-19-2007, 11:33 AM
chariots of fire is one of the best movies ever, in my opinion, not just from 1981 (when it came out)

It upset Reds that year

2001: A Space Odyssey was good, but i think 2010 was a more entertaining movie

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Sorry I can't back you up Phil, those movies came out just a few years before I was born. :(

Phil C
07-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Sorry I can't back you up Phil, those movies came out just a few years before I was born. :(

You can catch a lot of them on TCM and AMC and other channels whenever time permits.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
You can catch a lot of them on TCM and AMC and other channels whenever time permits.

I've watched some oldie but goodies with my dad on those channels, but I never remember the names of them.