PDA

View Full Version : Man stabs wife with sword, police say

jason
07-19-2007, 08:34 AM
http://blogs.tampabay.com/breakingnews/2007/07/angry-over-mone.html?money

July 18, 2007
Man stabs wife with sword, police say

HUDSON -- They were fighting over the money they'd been saving to buy a new vehicle. He wanted to see the money, but she was afraid he'd spend it.

"Show me the money," Woody Harold Stennett Jr. told his wife Tuesday afternoon, according to a sheriff's incident report. "Show me the money or I'll stab you."

And then he picked up a sword from the end table and he plunged it into her thigh, the report said.

The couple's 2-year-old child saw the whole thing.

Stennett, 21, of 13714 Francis Avenue, Hudson, was arrested and charged with aggravated domestic assault and battery and carrying a concealed weapon. He was held in the Land O' Lakes jail without bail.

His wife refused to go with Pasco County Fire Rescue to the hospital. According to a deputy's report, she said she didn't have insurance and couldn't afford the ambulance ride. Her father drove her to an undisclosed hospital.

It was unclear how Stennett had come into possession of the sword, which the report described as "a long, chrome sword with a red handle." Deputies at the crime scene also recovered a star-shaped black knife with three 4-inch blades.

--Thomas Lake, Times Staff Writer

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Adidas410s
07-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Who keeps a sword on the kitchen table??? :eek:

wildstangs
07-19-2007, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Who keeps a sword on the kitchen table??? :eek:

And what kind of lady marries a man that actually owns a sword?

raider red 2000
07-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
And what kind of lady marries a man that actually owns a sword?

my wife :)

but i rarely use it on her :)

pirate4state
07-19-2007, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
my wife :)

but i rarely use it on her :)

LOL

I wonder if she'll use the money they were saving to bail him out? :doh:

raider red 2000
07-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL

I wonder if she'll use the money they were saving to bail him out? :doh:

probably not....just go buy the car she was wanting :)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-19-2007, 09:07 AM
How is a sword a concealed weapon? Where are you going to "hide" it, on the holders hanging from your waist or what?

raider red 2000
07-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
How is a sword a concealed weapon? Where are you going to "hide" it, on the holders hanging from your waist or what?

good question.

also.....wasnt it just sitting on the table..not to concealed there either.

jason
07-19-2007, 09:26 AM
emerson1 owns 2 swords

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2402/asdfagf9.jpg

Ranger Mom
07-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by jason
emerson1 owns 2 swords

That cracked me up!!!

Bandera YaYa
07-19-2007, 09:35 AM
I know ya'll don't really mean to make light of what happened to this wife, by her husband.:(

Fotbol
07-19-2007, 09:39 AM
I have two swords, I got from Japan, and Dubai but they're hanging up, and probably has dust on them!

raider red 2000
07-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I know ya'll don't really mean to make light of what happened to this wife, by her husband.:(

sure we did....it is funny.

sad....but still funny.

Ranger Mom
07-19-2007, 09:43 AM
sure we did....it is funny.

sad....but still funny.

If she had died that would have been an altogether different story!!

As it is...I feel sorrier for the 2 y/o than anyone!!

Gsquared
07-19-2007, 09:46 AM

CHS_CG
07-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol
I have two swords, I got from Japan, and Dubai but they're hanging up, and probably has dust on them!

I have 2 swords and a dagger from Renfest. They have a 10 dollar sword shop there with beatuiful daggers swords and all kinds of knifes. they are displayed on my wall high enough Taytot cant get to them

Bandera YaYa
07-19-2007, 09:57 AM
I can see where the idea of having a sword just lying around on a kitchen table is odd, therefore funny. I get that. But that it was used to inflict harm on someone, least of all a wife by her husband....and no one says "wow how horrible"..... guess I should be used to this on here, from ya'll. Still amazes me tho. But yes, thank goodness she didn't die......then maybe ya'll would of felt something ....nah, prob not. Sorry to kill the fun here...carry on!!!!

Bandera YaYa
07-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I have 2 swords and a dagger from Renfest. They have a 10 dollar sword shop there with beatuiful daggers swords and all kinds of knifes. they are displayed on my wall high enough Taytot cant get to them
A child playing with a sword, now wouln't that be funny, too????

raider red 2000
07-19-2007, 10:00 AM

no kids should not have access to swords.

Ranger Mom
07-19-2007, 10:01 AM
I can see where the idea of having a sword just lying around on a kitchen table is odd, therefore funny. I get that. But that it was used to inflict harm on someone, least of all a wife by her husband....and no one says "wow how horrible"..... guess I should be used to this on here, from ya'll. Still amazes me tho. But yes, thank goodness she didn't die......then maybe ya'll would of felt something ....nah, prob not. Sorry to kill the fun here...carry on!!!!

It is terrible, but I don't feel the need to lament and cry over every bad thread I read!! Sometimes with a story like that, there CAN be humor in it!!!

Everything in life in life doesn't have to be doom and gloom ya know!!

CHS_CG
07-19-2007, 10:02 AM

are you that stupid you cant read. I just said they are high enough taylor CANT reach them! She is never alone in my room. My mother or I are always in there when she is. Trust me I dont need your parenting tips! My daughter is perfectly safe.

Ranger Mom

Which is why I believe she said they were displayed on a wall where Taylor couldn't get them!!:rolleyes:

Bulldog_12
Originally posted by jason
http://blogs.tampabay.com/breakingnews/2007/07/angry-over-mone.html?money

"Show me the money,"

:thinking:

http://h1.ripway.com/agblake/gooding_i.jpg

Maroon87
07-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Was he in the Corps at A&M? Just wondering...;)

raider red 2000
07-19-2007, 10:04 AM
man are we getting worked up this AM.

i saw humor in it....took a shot at sharing it.

i am sure that most people....who own swords have them put up in safe places.

BTW - it wasnt a kid that stabbed his mom....it was the crazy guy...we do stupid things at times.

raider red 2000
07-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Was he in the Corps at A&M? Just wondering...;)

good one.

Bandera YaYa
07-19-2007, 10:06 AM
are you that stupid you cant read. I just said they are high enough taylor CANT reach them! She is never alone in my room. My mother or I are always in there when she is. Trust me I dont need your parenting tips! My daughter is perfectly safe.
I was being sarcastic!!!! Geeeezzzzzzzzz. Calm down.

pirate4state
07-19-2007, 10:08 AM
http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/Harp.gif

Emerson1
If it was the other way around you would be laughing your butt off.

CHS_CG
I was being sarcastic!!!! Geeeezzzzzzzzz. Calm down.

nice backtracking! mrs do gooder knows how to be sarcastic? thats a damn shock. Please stop trying to "open everybody's eyes" to what you think is right and let people have their own damn opinions.

CHS_CG

ROFLMAO!

Ranger Mom
07-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1

:eek: :eek:

Maroon87
07-19-2007, 10:09 AM

:evilgrin:

Bandera YaYa
07-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It is terrible, but I don't feel the need to lament and cry over every bad thread I read!! Sometimes with a story like that, there CAN be humor in it!!!

Everything in life in life doesn't have to be doom and gloom ya know!!
I agree RM....humor is NEEDED...but this world is becoming more and more horrific and we seem to be more and more de-sensitized. That's all I was trying to say.

CHS_CG
07-19-2007, 10:11 AM

of course it would be funny... to any woman thats a man hater!

Emerson1
I agree RM....humor is NEEDED...but this world is becoming more and more horrific and we seem to be more and more de-sensitized. That's all I was trying to say.
If the woman knew her place in society, and didn't touch the mans money, it wouldn't of happened

Ranger Mom

Then say that without trying to lay a guilt trip on everyone that responds in a way you don't see fit!!

luvhoops34
07-19-2007, 10:12 AM

Tell us how you really feel, Talena:D LOL

pirate4state
07-19-2007, 10:12 AM
If the woman knew her place in society, and didn't touch the mans money, it wouldn't of happened ROFL oops, I'm not suppose to laugh :o

raider red 2000
07-19-2007, 10:13 AM

No Way!!!

if a woman threatens a man, or assaults him...that is not funny....it should be taken very seriously and she, along with all people who find humor in it, should be put to death.

but the chick to the sword to the leg...so i smiled.

CHS_CG
07-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Tell us how you really feel, Talena:D LOL

I cant I'd get ROM'd

Bandera YaYa
07-19-2007, 10:16 AM
nice backtracking! mrs do gooder knows how to be sarcastic? thats a damn shock. Please stop trying to "open everybody's eyes" to what you think is right and let people have their own damn opinions.
First of all I am not stupid. Stupid would be buying $10 swords and displaying them in your bedroom as room decor. You are the mother of a daughter, I sincerely hope she never feels any physical pain from someone who is supposed to protect her. AND I can have an opinion too, Miss.

raider red 2000
07-19-2007, 10:19 AM
First of all I am not stupid. Stupid would be buying $10 swords and displaying them in your bedroom as room decor.

good point.

i have never seen a show on HGTV where they have swords as decorations.

Ranger Mom
07-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Stupid would be buying $10 swords and displaying them in your bedroom as room decor.

My brother has a sword on his wall that he bought when he was stationed in Japan.

My question is this: Does the fact that he paid $500 for it make him MORE stupid or LESS stupid??:thinking:

Bandera YaYa
07-19-2007, 10:21 AM
of course it would be funny... to any woman thats a man hater!
HAHA....that's funny. You don't know me at all. But keep laughing about women being abused......just evade the real subject here.

Ranger Mom
07-19-2007, 10:22 AM
HAHA....that's funny. You don't know me at all. But keep laughing about women being abused......just evade the real subject here.

Nobody laughed at her being abused......it was the circumstances surrounding it that they found humor in!!

Hell...I WAS an abused wife and I can still laugh!! I'm sorry for whatever it is that you suffered that you can't seem to!!

CHS_CG
07-19-2007, 10:23 AM
First of all I am not stupid. Stupid would be buying $10 swords and displaying them in your bedroom as room decor. You are the mother of a daughter, I sincerely hope she never feels any physical pain from someone who is supposed to protect her. AND I can have an opinion too, Miss.

Then dont act stupid! and I dont know what you are suggesting or trying to say but I would never in a million years hurt my daughter. so you can go kiss my ass about "i hope she never feels physical pain" you want to talk about her feeling pain.. talk to her POS dad who has never seen her never tried to see her and never wants to see her. I am sick of you trying to be "mrs Do-gooder" and makin people feel guitly about stuff.. guess what take it somewhere else, nobody needs your negative attitude about EVERYTHING and nobody else wants you here... I personally am sick of you. Dont ever ever try to say I would cause my daughter physical harm because I can bet you I have more love for my daughter and my family than you ever could have!

raider red 2000
07-19-2007, 10:23 AM
My brother has a sword on his wall that he bought when he was stationed in Japan.

My question is this: Does the fact that he paid $500 for it make him MORE stupid or LESS stupid??:thinking:

another good question :)

i dont have the answer for it....but i would say dumber....i would feel bad if i had a 500 decoration that needed to be taken down....but i would leave it...since it was $500.

CHS_CG
07-19-2007, 10:25 AM

and since you know EVERYTHING what is the real subject here? Yes its sad and not funny that this woman was stabbed but the fact he picked up a sword from the table is. get the hell over it, better yet go get a pack of batteries and chill the hell out!

raider red 2000
07-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Nobody laughed at her being abused......it was the circumstances surrounding it that they found humor in!!

Hell...I WAS an abused wife and I can still laugh!! I'm sorry for whatever it is that you suffered that you can't seem to!!

i totally agree with you. i dont think that Jason put that post on here....to say...lets laugh at this chick that got sent to the hospital with no insurance.

the sword is what made it funny to me.

Bulldog_12
What a solid morning on the DL, glad I stopped by. :D

Bandera YaYa
Then dont act stupid! and I dont know what you are suggesting or trying to say but I would never in a million years hurt my daughter. so you can go kiss my ass about "i hope she never feels physical pain" you want to talk about her feeling pain.. talk to her POS dad who has never seen her never tried to see her and never wants to see her. I am sick of you trying to be "mrs Do-gooder" and makin people feel guitly about stuff.. guess what take it somewhere else, nobody needs your negative attitude about EVERYTHING and nobody else wants you here... I personally am sick of you. Dont ever ever try to say I would cause my daughter physical harm because I can bet you I have more love for my daughter and my family than you ever could have!
I never ever said you would do that. OMG. I give up.

Bandera YaYa
07-19-2007, 10:27 AM
i totally agree with you. i dont think that Jason put that post on here....to say...lets laugh at this chick that got sent to the hospital with no insurance.

the sword is what made it funny to me.
I get that. Forget my madness. Sorry.

CHS_CG
07-19-2007, 10:27 AM
I never ever said you would do that. OMG. I give up.

no you didnt come out and say it but you cant get any closer to sayin it with out saying it. Put your big girl panties on and stop dancing around what you really wanna say.

jason
07-19-2007, 10:28 AM
CHICK FIGHT !!!

Emerson1
07-19-2007, 10:28 AM
She shouldn't of been trying to steal his money and spend it on shoes, typical woman.

jason
07-19-2007, 10:29 AM
She shouldn't of been trying to steal his money and spend it on shoes, typical woman. yeah, maybe she should go get a job and spend her own money...

Bandera YaYa
07-19-2007, 10:31 AM
no you didnt come out and say it but you cant get any closer to sayin it with out saying it. Put your big girl panties on and stop dancing around what you really wanna say.
You really think that's what I meant by what I said?????????????
If so, then we cant have a civil conversation. Go play with your swords.

raider red 2000
07-19-2007, 10:31 AM
She shouldn't of been trying to steal his money and spend it on shoes, typical woman.

i bet the money was gone....she spent in on some other guy.

raider red 2000
07-19-2007, 10:33 AM
ROFLMAO!

you are full.

CHS_CG

it sure as hell sounded like it. If you arent into mid-evil things like that then fine thats your thing whatever. I happen to like the detail work in them. They arent for play they are for show... and if your old saggy self cant figure that out its no my fault. I am done with this convo and done with you. But like I said stop trying to make everybody see it your way bc guess what... we dont!

Ranger Mom

I must admit...that was exactly they way I took it too!!!

CHS_CG
07-19-2007, 10:35 AM
you are full.

fixed

Bandera YaYa
07-19-2007, 10:46 AM
I must admit...that was exactly they way I took it too!!!
I meant I hope no man in her life, that she loves and is commited to, brings any harm to her. That was the scenerio, wasn't it??'
I was 100% serious and genuine.

Bandera YaYa
07-19-2007, 10:48 AM
it sure as hell sounded like it. If you arent into mid-evil things like that then fine thats your thing whatever. I happen to like the detail work in them. They arent for play they are for show... and if your old saggy self cant figure that out its no my fault. I am done with this convo and done with you. But like I said stop trying to make everybody see it your way bc guess what... we dont!
Have a great life Talena.

DaHop72
07-19-2007, 10:49 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jason
07-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: this is why women should be born with duct tape over their mouths....

Phantom Stang
07-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Let me be the first person on this thread, and yes that includes Bandera YaYa, to say I hope the wife is, and will be ok.

raider red 2000
07-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Let me be the first person on this thread, and yes that includes Bandera YaYa, to say I hope the wife is, and will be ok.

i 2nd that.

All in favor.

Ranger Mom
07-19-2007, 11:09 AM
i 2nd that.

All in favor.

Aye!!:)

Ranger Mom
07-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Have yall actually clicked on the link from the article and read the comments about it?? Hudson seems like a...um....rustic place to live.

One resident even said they were clicking their heals together to try and get back to Kansas.......I bet lepfan didn't know there was a place so bad that people actually WANTED to go back to Kansas!!!:D :D

rangerjoe33
07-19-2007, 11:19 AM
It was only a flesh wound anyway. It's not like he stabbed her in the chest or something. I guess you could call it an "attention getter". I bet she will "Show him the money" next time.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared

I share those same sentiments.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-19-2007, 11:22 AM

Actually, I think for once she was actually being sarcastic....

Ranger Mom
07-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Actually, I think for once she was actually being sarcastic....

She is sarcastic a lot actually!!:p

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-19-2007, 11:31 AM
She is sarcastic a lot actually!!:p

No, I know, I just didn't realize it up until recently. It made me feel kinda dumb, to be honest, because I was a arse to her when I didn't realize she was just joking around.