PDA

View Full Version : How to tell if someone is lying

Angeleyes
07-18-2007, 07:26 PM
i thought this was intresting and it kinda mad me laugh:D

How To Tell If Someone Is Lying - Testing Responses

A simple way to test for lying, is to measure a persons desire to avoid a subject, which will sometimes indicate dishonesty or guilt. If you think the person is lying, change the subject quickly. A lying person will often go along easily, and may even visibly relax. An innocent person is more likely to be slightly confused by the change and want to finish their thoughts.

Another lie detecting technique is to suggest something that would make a guilty person feel uncomfortable and watch for a response. Suppose your wife Jane says she was at her mother's house, and you think she is lying. Rather than saying, "I'm calling your mother to verify this," you could use a subtle approach. You might say, "That reminds me, I'm going to stop by your mother's house today to fix that door for her."

If your wife was lying, the idea of you seeing her mother should make her nervous. She may give you reasons why you shouldn't go there. Of course, if your relationship has reached the point where you feel the necessity to resort to these techniques, a simple lie may not be the worst of your problems. Still, sometimes you need to know, so here are a few more ways to tell if someone is lying.

They are using your words. Using your exact words to respond can be an indication of lying. You say, for example, "Did you leave this here?" and they respond, "No, I did not leave this here."

They use un-contracted words. A lack of contractions is more common when lying. For example, instead of saying "I didn't sleep with her," a man might say," I did not have sexual relations with that woman." Again, compare to base behavior, though, as some people may not use contractions often anyhow.

Over-compensation. Often when people lie, they try too hard to be natural, and they give more detail than is necessary.

Forced smiles. A real smile involves more muscles, while a forced smile will use just the muscles around the mouth. The lie here may only be about their feelings, of course.

Always let them talk. The more a person talks, the more likely you are to catch them in a lie (if they are being dishonest), especially when you learn the indications to watch for. These are just a few of the ways how to tell if someone is lying.

:D

sinton66
07-18-2007, 07:30 PM
How do we know you're not lying about this?:thinking:

Angeleyes
07-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
How do we know you're not lying about this?:thinking:

:eek: :eek: me lie:confused: never:D

pirate4state
07-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Angeleyes
i thought this was intresting and it kinda mad me laugh:D

How To Tell If Someone Is Lying - Testing Responses

A simple way to test for lying, is to measure a persons desire to avoid a subject, which will sometimes indicate dishonesty or guilt. If you think the person is lying, change the subject quickly. A lying person will often go along easily, and may even visibly relax. An innocent person is more likely to be slightly confused by the change and want to finish their thoughts.

Another lie detecting technique is to suggest something that would make a guilty person feel uncomfortable and watch for a response. Suppose your wife Jane says she was at her mother's house, and you think she is lying. Rather than saying, "I'm calling your mother to verify this," you could use a subtle approach. You might say, "That reminds me, I'm going to stop by your mother's house today to fix that door for her."

If your wife was lying, the idea of you seeing her mother should make her nervous. She may give you reasons why you shouldn't go there. Of course, if your relationship has reached the point where you feel the necessity to resort to these techniques, a simple lie may not be the worst of your problems. Still, sometimes you need to know, so here are a few more ways to tell if someone is lying.

They are using your words. Using your exact words to respond can be an indication of lying. You say, for example, "Did you leave this here?" and they respond, "No, I did not leave this here."

They use un-contracted words. A lack of contractions is more common when lying. For example, instead of saying "I didn't sleep with her," a man might say," I did not have sexual relations with that woman." Again, compare to base behavior, though, as some people may not use contractions often anyhow.

Over-compensation. Often when people lie, they try too hard to be natural, and they give more detail than is necessary.

Forced smiles. A real smile involves more muscles, while a forced smile will use just the muscles around the mouth. The lie here may only be about their feelings, of course.

Always let them talk. The more a person talks, the more likely you are to catch them in a lie (if they are being dishonest), especially when you learn the indications to watch for. These are just a few of the ways how to tell if someone is lying.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Has G2 been telling stories again?

Angeleyes
07-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Has G2 been telling stories again?

LMAO:clap: :clap: ....not that i know of:eek:
someone sent to me and i thought it was intresting...i'll have to try some of them out sometimes...:D

pirate4state
07-18-2007, 07:48 PM
LMAO:clap: :clap: ....not that i know of:eek:
someone sent to me and i thought it was intresting...i'll have to try some of them out sometimes...:D

These techniques really do work.

Angeleyes
07-18-2007, 07:50 PM
These techniques really do work. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :devil:

luvhoops34
07-18-2007, 07:51 PM
I wonder if these would work on a compulsive liar like Raelene??

LOL

Angeleyes
07-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I wonder if these would work on a compulsive liar like Raelene??

LOL only one way to find out:D

burnet44
07-18-2007, 08:52 PM
" I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

thats certainly answers the question in a manner consistant with the truth as interpeted by myself

DU_stud04
07-18-2007, 08:54 PM
the way i find out that you are lying?i punch them in the face and ask if they are telling the truth..... if they say yes i punch them even harder till they say no.....people always fess up that they are lying

kaorder1999
07-18-2007, 08:56 PM
another way I have noticed works involves the eyes. If you ask someone a question and they look up and to the right with then that means they are using a part of their brain for memory. If they look to the left then that means they using a part of their brain that involves creativity. Cant remember when or where I heard that but I have found it to be true.

Angeleyes
07-18-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
another way I have noticed works involves the eyes. If you ask someone a question and they look up and to the right with then that means they are using a part of their brain for memory. If they look to the left then that means they using a part of their brain that involves creativity. Cant remember when or where I heard that but I have found it to be true. i hadnt heard that one before. . .intresting

pirate4state
07-18-2007, 09:18 PM
i hadnt heard that one before. . .intresting girl, where have you been??

Angeleyes
07-18-2007, 09:46 PM
girl, where have you been?? ive lived a very sheltered life and im guilable(spelling) but working on it. . .lol