PDA

View Full Version : La Grange v Coldspring

Pudlugger
11-16-2002, 09:18 PM
Well, here we are in round 2. Coldspring is dangerous on offense with two explosive running backs who can make the big plays. La
Grange has an outstanding defense giving up only 9 points per game with three straight shut-outs and a balanced offense with weapons on the ground and in the air. The LG secondary is playing great ball and I don't think the Trojans can pass on them. I'll take La Grange by 14. wink

<small>[ November 16, 2002, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

Pudlugger
11-17-2002, 08:49 AM
Back to the top. C'mon, where are the Coldspring posters? eek!

leopards03
11-17-2002, 12:47 PM
I dont no much about Cold springs but i am going to agree with pudlugger and go with LG by 14...I know we probably going to play at SHSU in Huntsville but does anyone know the day and time and if it is final that is where we are playing.

trojandad
11-17-2002, 12:51 PM
Was at SHSU yesterday and they were announcing our game to be Friday night @ 7:30 and the Marlin-Newton game will be next night. What a weekend! I'm gonna get with you on the game Pud, I just have to get more info on you guys. Am sure looking forward to it. Be back soon. GO TROJANS !!

eye of the tiger
11-17-2002, 01:10 PM
La Grange by three touchdowns. Just way to tough for Coldspring.

Chris Hart
11-17-2002, 01:53 PM
LaGrange runs away with this one BIG.

AggieJohn
11-17-2002, 05:57 PM
eye of the tiger:
La Grange by three touchdowns. Just way to tough for Coldspring.Yeah..well that is what they said too liberty about orangefield...go get em Coldsping....22-3A...WHOOP!!!

CSQB7
11-17-2002, 07:46 PM
Pudlugger:
Well, here we are in round 2. Coldspring is dangerous on offense with two explosive running backs who can make the big plays. La
Grange has an outstanding defense giving up only 9 points per game with three straight shut-outs and a balanced offense with weapons on the ground and in the air. The LG secondary is playing great ball and I don't think the Trojans can pass on them. I'll take La Grange by 14. wink You r right we are in round 2,you are wrong we dont only have 2 bad backs, we have 4,and I heard that LaGrange has a good defense, but I wont know for myself until Friday.It took our defense a little while to come together and they have.We have the #2 offense in area and the bone is hard to stop. I think it will be a game, so best of luck!!!!!!!!!

leopards03
11-17-2002, 09:02 PM
Lg has one of the best defenses around and they have proven to everyone out there not matter how fast or big your backs our they will stop them...Sealy has backs with 4.3 speed and Lg didnt give him much and columbus running back was big and Lg stop him to...it take 11 men on offense and 11 men on defense to win a game not just 4 or 5...La Grange by 14

Brahma73
11-17-2002, 09:58 PM
Hey Pudlugger, I sent you a response regarding our "boring" discussion RE: the Columbus game. It's down the board a few notches posted as "Response to Pud." Check it out.

Pudlugger
11-18-2002, 09:10 AM
CSQB7:

Pudlugger:
Grange has an outstanding defense giving up only 9 points per game with three straight shut-outs and a balanced offense with weapons on the ground and in the air. The LG secondary is playing great ball and I don't think the Trojans can pass on them. I'll take La Grange by 14. wink You r right we are in round 2,you are wrong we dont only have 2 bad backs, we have 4,and I heard that LaGrange has a good defense, but I wont know for myself until Friday.It took our defense a little while to come together and they have.We have the #2 offense in area and the bone is hard to stop. I think it will be a game, so best of luck!!!!!!!!!4 good running backs, that's great. La Grange hasn't matched up with the wishbone offense this season so they will be scouting that in practice for sure. The LG defense is good like Leopard03 says. They have faced several quality backs: Harrison of Yoakum;Gonzales of Gonzales;Andrus of Sealy; and Isom of Elgin. The only one that they didn't shut down was Harrison of Yoakum who had a field day on us that openning night. Since then a realignment was made in several key positions and the defense has really been impressive ever since winning 10 straight. Most encouraging of all is the secondary, all juniors and really showing speed and toughness defending the pass. So the challenge will be for LG to defense the wishbone with several talented ballcarriers. I love the wishbone, it is real smash mouth football and is a joy to watch. It should be a great game! It sounds like La Grange will need to play at the top of their game to advance. :)

Stunna
11-18-2002, 09:02 PM
I have to disagree with you on this one. I think the Trojans are going to come out and take care of business and also La Grange. But I dont think they are going to beat them by more than 1 td. The Trojans have a great offense and La Grange a great defense so it will go both ways.
GO TRAOJANS!!!!!!!!!

trojandad
11-18-2002, 09:45 PM
I'm bettin on us.......LOL

Seriously, am looking forward to playing a team that has been to State the last 2 years. If anyone wants the simple answer from me, it's this:

if we don't fumble, we beat anyone

Sounds simple, I know, but it doesn't matter if they are lost fumbles or not. Or momentum goes and we haven't had a track record of getting it back till the next series. Against Hardin, no fumbles in the first quarter and we scored 20, all on offense. We fumbled 7 times the last 3 qtrs, lost 4 and scored nothing the rest of the way. It obviously has to do with hard tackles or absent mindedness, but our guys truly believe they can score 80 if they hold the ball.

Much motivation on this end too, with your head coach. His brother coached here a couple of years ago. I'm sure there's motivation there.

As our offense goes, our leading rusher had almost 1000 yds before we lost him to grades. His sub rushed for 155 last week. Our QB has had 100 yd passing and rushing in the same game. Our 4th back has almost a ten yd a rush average for the entire season. And our best back ran two back to back 4.265 40's this summer. We do have 4 legitimate threats, just not enough footballs. LOL

If we hold the ball, we feel we can hold our own with anyone. Here's hoping we can hold concentration enough to hold the ball. If so, Coldspring 30 - LaGrange 21. Or 21-12 as in our last meeting in 96, we'll take that too. LOL

GO TROJANS !!

leopards03
11-18-2002, 10:11 PM
Well if cold springs have a hard time holding on to the ball during big hits then its going to be a hell of a game for the leopards...the defense is a hard hitting defense of squad...all the LB our monsters and big #74 thats all i have to say...but its going to be a long game for cold springs i think....LG by 14

trojandad
11-19-2002, 08:14 AM
Well if the fumbles were as simple as big hits it would be different. We are as tough as anyone we have played. It has to do with concentration. Trust me, Barbers Hill caused no more or fewer fumbles than the worst team in our district. It's us. We run before we think about covering the ball, before exchanges happen, its all in the concentration. The veer is an offense that has a lot of exchanges and requires concentration more than most.

If you make the mistake of thinking the Trojans aren't as tough as anyone you play, you'll be licking your wounds. We don't brag on individuals because a) we're all tough and b) its a team game. And besides, anyone that makes it to area playoffs, no matter who, aren't lollipops on any level. We'll get bumped by your 74 and you'll get bruised by our powerlifting crew and the best "team" will definitely win. I can only give one guarantee. If we don't fumble once, we will absolutely win. We do have that kind of talent. The track record is there for us.

Have enjoyed your posts, Pud. Feel free to come over before the game and enjoy a sausage on a stick and a coke with us and talk football, we'd enjoy having you and your friends. SHSU lets us know today where exactly we will be set up and I'll let you know on here.

Pudlugger
11-19-2002, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the invite TrojanDad, my daughter's coming in from California to see her baby brother play so maybe we'll look for yall. Saw the films with my son last night. Yall have some good size on the interior line and some fast ballcarriers. I agree, fumbles will hurt you and I understand how the veer is prone to that. We ran the veer a lot with Tye Gunn at the helm and he was awesome, yet every so often you got a fumbled pitch-out or exchange even with the best. Now we mostly run out of the I and split T, and wing t formations. That was a wierd game with Hardin, exchanging back to back kick-off returns!
Defense will be the key to this game in my view. Containment is the only way to stop runners with great speed. Our defense has been able to contain some pretty good ballcarriers like Andrus of Sealy, Gonzales of Gonzales, and Isom of Elgin. We had a bad day in Yoakum, but have made important changes afterwards to win 10 straight. The guys are real focused and businesslike this time of year to get prepared for each game. It will be a great game. :)

<small>[ November 19, 2002, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

trojandad
11-19-2002, 08:43 AM
I'm looking forward to it too. You guys are definitely the team to beat. As for Hardin, we were amazed anyone kicked to us. We ran back at least one a game for the first 5 games and then people stopped kicking deep to us until Hardin. Maybe they didn't go far enough back on tapes. LOL

Barbers Hill kicked short 4 times to us, which is why it amazed me that they chose to kick deep to Bridge City, which BC ran back for a TD. We've even had a middle linebacker take a short kick back for a TD. Speed we got. LOL

Tye Gunn was sure a great player. Enjoyed seeing him on tape as well. Wish I could have gotten to see him more, he was a talent.

Anyway, you guys come eat on Fri. We'll even feed Cali daughters. LOL Good luck to you guys.

proudtrojanmom
11-20-2002, 02:15 PM
Call me just a proud mom but yes we can be a force to be reckoned with. I have watched our boys work very hard to get where they are, we have had some really nerve racking games! But we are a small proud town and we love our boys!Thank you to Coach Wozniak for helping us to get to the playoffs the last 2 years, my son has loved playing for you. As for our game with LaGrange, yes they are a good team, but we have beaten good teams before.....GO TROJANS!!!

leopards03
11-20-2002, 06:47 PM
I have watch the Leopards practice all week and been around them all day in the halls at school and you can tell in there eyes that it is playoff time...they are so focused all they worry about is school and football...the la grange defense is a good one...one of the best in the state...the offense has played very well they only scored 10 points but that was against one of the best defenses in the state...i see no problem with La Grange running away with this one...LG by 14 atleast...LG all the way

leopards03
11-21-2002, 08:01 PM
Well it game time tomorrow...going to be a good game to see what the leopards have...hope to see everyone there supporting them...i still stay with my prediction LG by 14...

BigBrother70
11-21-2002, 08:37 PM
Trivia Time

Who was the Head coach that gave Valastro an assistants job in ELGIN???
:cool: wink :D :D :D

leopards03
11-21-2002, 09:15 PM
no one cares...its playoff time...we got better things to talk bout..

Pudlugger
11-21-2002, 11:00 PM
leopards03:
no one cares...its playoff time...we got better things to talk bout..That's right Leopard03, it is good to see that the guys are so focused. They are primed and pumped and really ready for the kick off. The coaches have done an outstanding job getting the team prepared for this game. Good luck tomorrow Leps, see ya'll at Bobkat Stadium. Go Leps, Win State!!! :D :D :D

LeopardGuard56
11-21-2002, 11:39 PM
I don't post very often on here, in fact this is only my second post, but when i read the posts from the Coldspring fans saying as long as they don't fumble they will win, no matter what, it pissed me off. I can't believe that these fans could be so cocky. In the past few years I think that La Grange has built a strong reputation, and for any team to make a statement like that when they are about to play us is foolhardy at best.

I have one thing to say to all of these Coldspring posters, bring the best game you've got because I know we are going to bring ours. I hope that you all don't drop the ball one time tomarrow night so that there will be no excuses.

See you on Friday. wink

trojandad
11-22-2002, 08:20 AM
Hey LeopardGuard, first, it wasn't all the Coldspring posters saying that, it was just me. Second, its no different saying what I said than saying one team or the other is going to win by 10 or 20. Maybe a little ballsy to guarantee it, but if we don't fumble and lose, then I pay the guarantee, simple as that. If you say paying it is eating crow, I'll be a man and eat crow. If you get upset about me having the balls to guarantee it, then you be ballsy, too, and guarantee that if Coldspring doesn't fumble once, you guarantee we will lose anyway. Don't get upset when someone shows friendly "ballsiness", just put yours up there, too, that's what men do. I'm sure you're someone's great son, make a stand of your own, don't get upset at others for being brave. Nothing to get riled up about, bud. I think even Pud can tell you I have better things to do than upset people. You take your best shot and I hope we'll take ours, best team hopefully will win.

I do hope your right about one wish, though. I do hope your right in your wish that we don't lay it down once on the carpet.

Went to the Chronicle yesterday. We were 22 point underdogs in 96 when we won in 96 against you guys. Polls are funny that way sometime. Hopefully history repeats. You guys had a good team then, too.

Reminds me of 92, we made it to the state final game but weren't ranked in the top 10 all year, even the final poll. Then the next year, after the track record the previous year, we were ranked in the top 5 all year without half the team. I guess pollsters have to lean on track record, but thankfully in tournament play, you only have to win one, not a season full.

You guys have been to the state final game two years straight, You deserve to be picked above us. Heck, Matthew doesn't even think we will be in it early. We're happy to be playing a team with such a rep. Anybody will tell you, you only get better playing good teams.

Pud, you all have a safe trip over, y'all definitely got the worst end on this travel deal. Be safe and hope to see you there. I'll be out all day getting ready to feed you guys. lol. Wish you guys the best in everything......'cept the score, that is. LOL GO TROJANS !!!

Pudlugger
11-22-2002, 08:37 AM
You're right TrojanDad polls don't mean anything you have to play the game. The guys are really energized and it is going to be an intense game. The last game against Columbus was realitively penalty free except for a couple of delays of game and an off sides. I hope we have another clean contest and everyone plays their best which is the great thing about post season games. The La Grange D has been getting most of the attention, as the team has had several nail bitters but the offense has risen to the occasion and won it for us more than once. I think the offense is really fired up for this game and we will see them put up some points tonight.
You're right about the travel, I saw how close Coldspring is to SHSU compared to La Grange. It is clear who won the toss!LOL. By the way how do you get to the stadium coming in on HWY 30? :)

proudtrojanmom
11-22-2002, 01:43 PM
i don't understand someone getting so mad at people from Coldspring posting supportive comments about our team,saying that if we dont fumble we can win is not an exaggeration!We we stick together and keep our hands on the ball anything is possible.This will be a good game we know but la grange hasnt had alot of competition within their district like we have,say barber's hill for example.they are a great team we dont like to lose but we knew they were going to be tough.that is one things our boys dont do is take for granted any game is going to be easily won.i sugest noone take us for granted,be prepared for a good game either way....may the better team of the night win!! GO TROJANS!!!
SEE YA TONIGHT GUYS AS USUAL WE WILL BE LOUD FOR YA'LL!

Pudlugger
11-22-2002, 02:07 PM
Although I agree with your position regarding posting support for your team, I disagree that La Grange hasn't had competition in district play. Elgin is a competitive team, one which I think could beat BH. We will see after the BC Elgin match if I am correct on that point. As for competition Yoakum, Gonzales, Sealy, Giddings (better than the record indicates), Elgin, and Columbus all are very competitive teams, so I think La Grange has faced some challenges this season going 10-1. But we shall see how the La Grange team matches up with Coldspring soon enough. Let's have a great game and cheer our respective teams until we are hoarse in the throat! :D
:)