PDA

View Full Version : Only problem I have with the homepage...

Gobbla2001
07-18-2007, 05:22 PM
2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and now 2007...

that's the number of seasons... the downlow will be entering its 8th season... unless you're counting when this style of board was first used... then it would be the 7th... the front page says 6th...

LH Panther Mom
07-18-2007, 05:27 PM
I think "bravenet" (is that right?) wasn't counted, but you're right and that has been corrected to seventh. :kiss:

Gobbla2001
07-18-2007, 05:29 PM
the bravenet was the first season (2000)... we still called the place the 3adownlow, we just didn't have the 3adownlow.com domain name until the '01 season...

charlesrixey
07-18-2007, 05:48 PM
we all had bravenet forums until 2001

then txpreps showed up with allsports

and you guys started using this bbs stuff, which other sites copied

i really do prefer this stuff to the other systems

very user friendly

injuredinmelee
07-18-2007, 05:56 PM
what I dislike the most about it is there is no picture of luvhoops and her cleavage on the main page. You know how many people we could get signed up???

Gobbla2001
07-18-2007, 06:11 PM
let's make a petition...

"Luvhoops Motorboat-Valley petition"

charlesrixey
07-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
what I dislike the most about it is there is no picture of luvhoops and her cleavage on the main page. You know how many people we could get signed up???

LOL!

i'll sign it;)

pirate44
07-18-2007, 06:26 PM
thank goodness for that. this is supposed to be a "family friendly" site. i suppose i'd get in all kind of trouble if i posted a close-up photo of some guys spandex covered crotch. and im sure the dads of any teen daughters who go to this site would get in line to string me up.

on another note, why is it that everybody has the need to post what they dislike about the site. if it's something that requires attention to change or improve the site, im sure it would be welcomed to be taken up in a pm to a moderator. and if its just a gripe (i know we have a few negative nancy's and their sisters here) keep it to yourselves. these people worked their tails off without pay to make this a better site and as far as i know, most things like this dont get done for free. so to all the people who had anything to do with this improved site, thank you from the bottom of my heart. you kicked butt and its a site that can be bragged about. :clap:

pirate4state
07-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
thank goodness for that. this is supposed to be a "family friendly" site. i suppose i'd get in all kind of trouble if i posted a close-up photo of some guys spandex covered crotch. and im sure the dads of any teen daughters who go to this site would get in line to string me up.

on another note, why is it that everybody has the need to post what they dislike about the site. if it's something that requires attention to change or improve the site, im sure it would be welcomed to be taken up in a pm to a moderator. and if its just a gripe (i know we have a few negative nancy's and their sisters here) keep it to yourselves. these people worked their tails off without pay to make this a better site and as far as i know, most things like this dont get done for free. so to all the people who had anything to do with this improved site, thank you from the bottom of my heart. you kicked butt and its a site that can be bragged about. :clap:

No, thank you :clap: :thumbsup:

kaorder1999
07-18-2007, 07:22 PM
i think it looks wonderful!!!

luvhoops34
07-18-2007, 07:24 PM

:D

Txbroadcaster
07-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by pirate44

I dont see anything wrong with constructive criticism done in a polite way here or in PM. If this site, or my site or any site puts out a product then people will like or dislike it and have an opinion, nothing wrong with it being respectfully voiced because in the end all our sites are for the fans

sinton66
07-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Gobbla would know, we'll go with "eighth".

Snyder_TigerFan
07-18-2007, 09:27 PM
You guys did a great job! Thanks for your hard work...it'll be even more fun come football season!:thumbsup:

bobcat1
07-18-2007, 09:37 PM

I always wonder if that's a jelly bean, or is she cold, or excited to see me? :D

luvhoops34
07-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I always wonder if that's a jelly bean, or is she cold, or excited to see me? :D

LOL excited! of course;)

bobcat1
07-18-2007, 09:53 PM
:clap: :D :nerd:

g$$
07-18-2007, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the hard work & great site. Look forward to the season...

thatsminty
07-19-2007, 03:27 AM
it's pretty cute...with the whole, "Friday Night Lights" thing...

Ranger Mom
07-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
No, thank you :clap: :thumbsup:

Double ditto dat!! :D :D

Gobbla2001
07-19-2007, 12:44 PM
no critisism from me, just making sure the downlow gets all of the credit it deserves... 6 years vs. 8 years, 8 sounds better don't you think? Plus for all of us who were around back then, we'd like those two years to be remembered... no shot against the people designing the site, most of the mods weren't around that first year, just helpin' 'em out really...

as for the other critisism (the boobs thing) that's just a joke... having fun is what we all do during the offseason, you know that, we were just having a bit of fun with it...

Rock on DL...

luvhoops34
07-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
no critisism from me, just making sure the downlow gets all of the credit it deserves... 6 years vs. 8 years, 8 sounds better don't you think? Plus for all of us who were around back then, we'd like those two years to be remembered... no shot against the people designing the site, most of the mods weren't around that first year, just helpin' 'em out really...

as for the other critisism (the boobs thing) that's just a joke... having fun is what we all do during the offseason, you know that, we were just having a bit of fun with it...

Rock on DL...

gobbla you can motorboat my avatar boobs anytime you want! LOL ;) ;) ;)

Ranger Mom
07-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
gobbla you can motorboat my avatar boobs anytime you want! LOL ;) ;) ;)

Out of curiosity...and I am sure the guys DO NOT CARE.....what does your avatar say across the bottom of it??

44INAROW
07-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Out of curiosity...and I am sure the guys DO NOT CARE.....what does your avatar say across the bottom of it??
CARE?? heck, I bet the majority of them didn't even KNOW there was something written down there :D

DaHop72
07-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
CARE?? heck, I bet the majority of them didn't even KNOW there was something written down there :D Man's definintion of strain.:tongue: :tongue: :D

luvhoops34
07-19-2007, 02:59 PM

LOL No, I'm sure most of them could care less....:)

Emerson1
07-19-2007, 03:15 PM
A Man's Definition of Stres

Ranger Mom
07-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
A Man's Definition of Stres

Originally posted by DaHop72
Man's definintion of strain.:tongue: :tongue: :D

So....which one is it???

luvhoops34
07-19-2007, 03:23 PM
So....which one is it???

STRAIN

Buccaneer
07-21-2007, 12:00 PM
On the homepage is there a link to a Texas map with only the 3A towns?

sinton66
07-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
On the homepage is there a link to a Texas map with only the 3A towns?

No map, but clickable links to each of the towns on the "3A Towns" page. If one is looking to find the specific location of a particular town, you can google the town name ( Wherever, Texas) and click on the Wikipedia link. They have a map that shows the location.

Buccaneer
07-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Somewhere I saw a Texas map with only the 3A towns shown. Just would love to see it again in regard to the Sweetwater/Snyder threads.

sinton66
07-21-2007, 04:31 PM
If you find it again, let me know.

luvhoops34
07-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Somewhere I saw a Texas map with only the 3A towns shown. Just would love to see it again in regard to the Sweetwater/Snyder threads.

Didn't WOS do one of those? I remember seeing it on here in a post.

Emerson1
07-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Didn't WOS do one of those? I remember seeing it on here in a post.
Yep he did

luvhoops34
07-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Yep he did

Thank you Emerson! I can't believe at my advanced age that I even remembered.;)