PDA

View Full Version : New Sinton Softball Coach!

Phil C
07-18-2007, 04:47 PM
I could be wrong but I read in the local paper they hired Leslie Balerio. She was a former star for Carroll High School and Texas A&M in Kingsville. I think she was an assistant coach at Carroll. She was hired on July 16th for coaching/science teacher at the high school.

piratebg
07-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Is this going to be the first female softball coach for Sinton? I think it is. Regardless, she'll be inheriting one heck of a team. Good luck coach.

luvhoops34
07-18-2007, 07:14 PM
good job! That way everybody can move on.

OnceABucJr
07-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Coach Trosclar (sp) was the first Sinton HS softball coach (1996 or 1997 I think) and SHE was also the Girls' BB coach. They had to battle just to get it started and played on the Little League field the first couple of years.

maroonpirate04
07-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Congrats on the new coach, I wish her good luck in 2008 she just inherited a successful program also a powerhouse in South Texas that has been on a winning tradition since the start of the softball program.:clap: :clap:

18handicap
07-19-2007, 06:31 AM
Glad to see a coach hired. I talked to the AD at TGCA summer clinic and he was worried that he wasn't going to find a softball coach because there were so many openings this year. I'm sure he feels a lot better now.

jason
07-19-2007, 07:45 AM
how do you go from being a coach at a college, to an assistant at a big 5a, to sinton???

dont most coaches go the exact opposite route?? small school - bigger high school - college ranks....

pirate4state
07-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by jason
how do you go from being a coach at a college, to an assistant at a big 5a, to sinton???

dont most coaches go the exact opposite route?? small school - bigger high school - college ranks....

First, I don't think she ever coached at the college level, she played.

Second, the big 5A school that she was coaching at didn't promote from within and gave the HC job to someone else! :eek:

Last - why not come to Sinton when you know you have a lot of talent to work with, not just this years but for a few more years. IMO it's a young HC dream job. Okay, so that was a total homer opinion. :D

Either way - we're glad she is here and wish her all the best!

Phil C
07-19-2007, 08:38 AM
According to the Corpus Christi Caller/Times the ex Carroll Softball coach (Cay Torres) recently took a job to coach at Oxford High School in Mississippi. Her daughter just recently got a scholarship at Ole Miss which is located in Oxford so it was just a great opportunity. Carroll decided to hire Moody Assistant Coach Marina Gallegos. Moody has had some success in softball in recent years.
So Leslie must have decided to come here because they didn't promote from within. The only way I figured it out was with the local Sinton paper which said she was hired to coach and teach science. I did web research and from her background I figured this must be the next head softball coach at Sinton but nothing has been confirmed.
SO IT LOOKS LIKE 3a DOWNLOW HAS GOT A SCOOP!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
07-19-2007, 08:54 AM
I guess I could have posted when I found out about it on Friday. :p

Phil C
07-19-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I guess I could have posted when I found out about it on Friday. :p

Yes indeed! Shame on you!

Anyway I made one mistake you didn't correct me on. She was at A&M in Corpus Christi in college. I hope she moves to Sinton.

SintonFan_inAustin
07-19-2007, 02:24 PM
I guess I could have posted when I found out about it on Friday. :p :) same here, i figure somebody would post it.

Txbroadcaster
07-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by jason

Most coaches move DOWN for first HC job..example Gary Kinne was a coach at Mesquite and dropped to 3A for Canton job

You start upwards in asstiant positions, and go down for FIRST HC position

luvhoops34
07-19-2007, 02:55 PM
First, I don't think she ever coached at the college level, she played.

Second, the big 5A school that she was coaching at didn't promote from within and gave the HC job to someone else! :eek:

Last - why not come to Sinton when you know you have a lot of talent to work with, not just this years but for a few more years. IMO it's a young HC dream job. Okay, so that was a total homer opinion. :D

Either way - we're glad she is here and wish her all the best!

Yea, what Rita said....:D

Phil C
07-19-2007, 04:14 PM
I wonder if she is going to coach any other sports such as assist in girls' volleyball or basketball.

maroonpirate04
07-19-2007, 09:00 PM
Well it's almost close to the 2007-08 year and a great fresh start for Sinton High in football and softball :clap: :clap: Oh lets not forget the Pirate baseball team determined to sail back to STATE and claim a 4th title and add it to their 20th year anneversy title;) :) :D . Two new captians to take command of the ship and lead us onto a high seas adventure:D